• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR will be a PS VR launch title (October 13) + new details

DKHF

Driveclub VR will be available at PS VR's launch (despite Evolution being closed down).

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/driveclub-vr-announced-playstation-vr

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced Driveclub VR for PlayStation VR.

This new version of Driveclub offers a realistic racing experience previously unseen with a cockpit view through the PlayStation VR headset, as well as realistic sound with 3D audio, a mode where you can view each car from various angles, and newly added urban area courses.

Driveclub VR will launch alongside PlayStation VR on October 13. In Japan, it will cost 4,900 yen at retail and via download.

Awesome news! Does this mean it was finished months ago, or did some other devs finish it off? It was only ever demoed with a single car AFAIK. I hope the final release has more content than that.

N30RYU

As a standalone game??? I thought it would be a DLC...

I guess they needed to change too much to make it run at 60fps

vivftp

Hell yeah!

I figured it was still in development somewhere, but am relieved to finally get confirmation. I do wonder if when you're in the vehicle you can go in for close inspections to see all the little details. We know Evolution went pretty crazy with car models, and it'd be nice to be able to fully take them in... assuming of course it's the same car models being used for the VR edition...

That pricing converted to gbp is £35. I hope we get some sort of discount if we already own the game...

At the very least a discount if you have the season pass. If I was a betting man I would bet on this being a standalone title.

Will be interesting to see how much content this has, I always thought it was only a couple of tracks designed to show off VR.

I don't see why it won't be the same as the core game.
Well I guess it depends on how they ended up finishing it. There were a lot of changes that had to be made to the environments and rendering to hit the 60+ fps requirement for VR and perhaps some tracks were not fully converted by the time Evolution was disbanded and went over to Codemasters.

Though I do hope it's all the tracks (and apparently more?) and cars, of course. A discount for owners of the game would be cool, too!

At the very least a discount if you have the season pass. If I was a betting man I would bet on this being a standalone title.

Will be interesting to see how much content this has, I always thought it was only a couple of tracks designed to show off VR.

Yeah I'd hope so. Just adding Vr support in a game that's a few years old and charging £35 is a bit poop in my opinion. I thought this was going to be a £30 add-on dlc style sort of thing. But I guess Sony are rinsing it as much as they can and market it as a new game again ¬.¬

I'm complaining but I'll still probably buy it lol.

salromano

Weird to see first mention of this on the Japanese PlayStation Blog as opposed to the western ones. Hopefully they'll offer more concrete information later today.

Ogni-XR21

Nice to finally have this confirmed. But as a DC owner I very much hope this will come with a discount for owners of the original game.

Early reports of this from May were that playing it made for a nauseating experience and not enjoyable in any way. I hope that the team working on this have had some time to get some of those kinks worked out.

marcaeg

Maybe it will be like Super Stardust Ultra VR : a retail version with the full game playable without VR plus the VR compatibility.

Will be interesting to see how much they have to downgrade the visuals and how it looks compared to GT Sport VR considering the original game runs at 30fps.

bj00rn_

Banned
They managed that the 30 fps in DC felt really smooth/fast so i give them the benefit of the doubt.

VR is a different beast. Reprojection artefacts are not pretty in racing games (trackside objects especially). And you can't just slap motion blur on it to hide it. It'll be very interesting to see how they tackle it.

grmlin

Originally I planned to sell/cancel my PlayStation VR preorder. This could change my mind if the game delivers.

In truth I wouldn't mind paying for the game even if it had no new content. The season pass was such good value, and we even got a discount on the actual game with ps+.

In truth I wouldn't mind paying for the game even if it had no new content. The season pass was such good value, and we even got a discount on the actual game with ps+.

Don't know, bought the game day 1 (-365) then the awesome season pass and the bike add-on, but now that Evo isn't there anymore, I'm not sure I want to pay full price for DCVR, the tracks would have to be as good as the old ones.

20 bucks would be a no-brainer, 40 or more though...gonna need to see all the receipts first!

OT: Have we seen any Motoracer 4 gameplay yet, that game is releasing in almost two months and I haven't seen much/anything yet? Same goes for DC.

KORNdoggy

Will folks who own the original game get to play this as well free of charge?

doubtful. it seems a lot of time had had to be put into it to optimize for VR to be given away free. i would expect a discount for existing owners or something though.

i'm so happy this is still a thing. i was worried it wouldn't go anywhere after evo got shuttered.

Top Bottom