• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

Duallusion

I understand why all cameras need to have limited visibility in bad weather but ... it still annoys me that - outside of photomode - I can't enjoy this fabulous spectacle in god-mode camera view. Poor chase cameras don't even get wipers. :)

Seriously though, did Evolution managed to create the best looking weather in a (racing) game to date? Sure as hell looks like it.

benzy

Best weather ever in a racing game? Best weather ever in a racing game.

Best weather in any game.

mzeeim.gif

ahcbuh.gif

Can't see anything when driving through snow, I need to get my legs back in this game been too long since I've played. Was crashing everywhere lol.

le-seb

Pretty sure Evo stated snow and how much is based on the elevation of the tracks and where they are.
Yes, we've been given some indications of this in previous interviews, and they've also talked about it to the attendees at their launch event.

Also, locations have different time of year settings:
- Canada : summer
- India : spring (?)
- Norway : automn
- Scotland : winter(?)
- Chile : summer(?)
(when using the cockpit view with some cars, you'll see outside temperature)

I think the weather will fit these settings accordingly.

Vaga

Had to take a break because it was too good. It's amazing what they achieved with no performance hit. Hands down this is the best looking racing game I've ever played.

10835038_896826883683963_5396976924985369639_o.jpg

SmokyDave

It is stupid because it isn't defined by the reviewers, and so what are we supposed to think? The game doesn't have an immortal spirit created by God? It's arrogant and lazy.

What the game doesn't have is voice acting, DJs, festivals, women, and lots of 'gosh, you are really great' stuff. Maybe a better phrase would be 'game lacks role-playing and power fantasy elements.'

I think the fact that the player isn't the center of attention and gets no cheat modes or rpg stuff puts some people off. Most console games are power fantasies and those games that don't cater to that face an uphill battle.

EDIT: actually, the game has no cheese, not no soul. That's what the reviewers were trying to say. [nothing wrong with cheese, btw.]
I dunno, I kinda feel like you're wilfully refusing to understand what I mean by 'sterile' or 'clinically flat'. I guess it's easier to mischaracterise me as wanting a dudebro festival atmosphere (as pioneered by Evo for Motorstorm funnily enough) than admit that maybe the presentation here is a little dry for some. There is a middle ground between utter bombast and utilitarian sparsity.

And the game definitely has cheese. How else would you describe the 'entering your car' cinematic?

Perhaps this conversation is better had in a different thread. This one is for (justifiably) poring all over screenshots of some of the best graphics in any game that we've seen.

camac002

I know people are going to say this should have been with the game from the start...but as far as patches go, this surely has to be one of the greatest all time updates to a game ever. Shit looks REAL.

Ohmyfuckinggod.

This weather system... This is it. This is next gen right here. Everything has been put to shame. I think this is the first time I've literally had my jaw agape at a video game's visuals.

I'm honestly blown away. Bravo, Evo. Bravo.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This will boost sales and when the PS+ version releases, that will boost sales too. All in all, it's actually all worked out well for Evolution.

Is snow included in this patch? If it is, can someone post some pictures of snow gameplay?

Rain looks amazing btw. Firing up and downloading the patch after work.

PJV3

I was waiting for the weather update before I got the game, it looks even better than I hoped. Off to the shops I pop.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good freaking lord this weather patch looks incredible. o_O
Will most likely jump back in and play on my off days.

Hugstable

Banned
Lol while everyone is dreaming about how the weather looks, I'm fantasizing how amazing this stuff is gonna be to drive in, at least Single Race with no other cars on the road. Looks really amazing too, but I just can't wait to see how it handles.

Siegmeyer

Ohmyfuckinggod.

This weather system... This is it. This is next gen right here. Everything has been put to shame. I think this is the first time I've literally had my jaw agape at a video game's visuals.

I'm honestly blown away. Bravo, Evo. Bravo.

Rushy I know you're reading this: Bravo sir, bravo

standing-ovation.gif

I cannot echo these sentiments any louder. The game looks fucking incredible. Please Rushy, let is know you're seeing all this goodwill! It must be nice to see the praise after what must have been a shitty couple of months.

I need to pick up a PS4 soon! Are the gifs with weather ingame or are they replays and how comparable are the real races if the gifs are replays?

Top Bottom