• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DropMix [OT] : You've just activated my musical trap card!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Y9jtNXu.jpg

divider-bg.png

Official site:
https://dropmix.hasbro.com/en-us

Release Date:
US: September 24th 2017
Canada: October 16th 2017
Mexico: November 2017
UK: November 2017
Hong Kong: November 2017
Singapore: December 2017
Chile: December 2017

Rest of the world: TBA

m61l7F7.jpg

Price:
Starter Kit includes board and 4 playlists (60 cards total) : $99.99
Playlist packs (15 cards + 1 bonus "secret" card) : $14.99
Discover packs (5 NON RANDOM cards per pack) : $4.99

App Links (APP IS FREE):

divider-bg.png

Song list

HSeWF19.png

FAQ: https://dropmix.hasbro.com/en-us/faq:
What is DropMix?
DropMix is a dynamic and fast-paced music-mixing game. Players blend popular songs from award-winning artists to create mind-blowing mixes. Get together and face-off with friends to master the mix.

What do I need to play?
To play you need the DropMix Board, a collection of DropMix cards, the DropMix app, and a device. The DropMix Music Gaming System includes the board and 60 DropMix cards. Additional cards can be purchased in packs of 16 (Playlist Packs) or (Discover Packs).

How is the DropMix board powered?
The DropMix board requires 4 AA batteries (not included)

What kinds of devices are compatible with the DropMix App?
iOS 9 or later:
- iPhone 5s or newer
- iPad Air or newer
- iPad Mini 2 or newer

Android 5+
- Samsung Galaxy S6 or newer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or newer
- HTC One M9 or newer
- LG G4 or newer
- Motorola Droid Turbo 2 or newer
- Huawei Google Nexus 6P or newer
- Google Nexus 9 or Newer
- Pixel

How does the system work?
- Place a card on the DropMix board to add its music to the mix.
- You can put down and pick up cards at will and the music mix will update on the fly.
- You can replace tracks in the mix by picking up cards from the board and putting down a new card.

What Game Modes will be included in DropMix?
Party Mode
-Work together to answer requests quickly and light up the board with your high score! Gather a group of your friends and have a blast collaborating and creating an ever-changing stream of music mixes. Immerse yourself in the unexpected and exciting rhythms that you and your friends create!

Clash Mode
- Dominate the mix & beat your opponent(s) by reaching 21 points first. Keep the flow going as you explore combos and compete 1 on 1, 2 v 2, or 1 v 2. The mix is dynamic and changing as you drop your choice of tracks onto the board. Out-maneuver and strategically play your cards as you face off, all while busting out unexpected musical mixes!

Freestyle Mode
- Freestyle mode puts the pure power of DROPMIX's music-mixing technology in your hands! Discover amazing new music by connecting some of the world's top artists in ways you never expected. Customize and tweak the mix until you have exactly the sound you are looking for. Then show it off to your friends! You won't believe how easy it is to build innovative and blended beats!

What music is available in DropMix?
- DROPMIX features songs performed by a cross-section of well-known Pop, R&B, Dance, Indie, Rock, Electronic, Country, and Hip-Hop acts from around the world.
- DROPMIX features hit songs from globally renowned artists and award-winning producers featuring Ed Sheeran "Sing", Bruno Mars "24K Magic", Sam Hunt "House Party", Fall Out Boys "Centuries", The Chainsmokers "Closer (ft. Halsey)", Skrillex "Bangarang (ft. Sirah)", Run D.M.C. "It's Tricky", Meghan Trainor "All About That Bass", Jackson 5 "I Want You Back", and many more.
- Over 300 cards will be available in Season 1 between Fall 2017 - Fall 2018*
*Availability of all cards is subject to regions and retailer promotions
- Players can create millions of unique music mixes.

Where can I buy the DropMix Gaming System?
DropMix will be sold in select retailers in the following launch markets coming in Fall 2017

- US, Canada, Chile, Mexico, UK, France, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand (subject to availability)

Card examples

Full Card List https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TjEBCW5Wv4xJgGVXGV7PfVNAuc3D07ADE-694NH1Ig/htmlview (Thanks to JHMirage on reddit)

divider-bg.png

In depth tutorials on Clash and Party modes.

Streams of the gameplay along with information about the deck builder within the app.

Official shared Mixes you can play in the app (LOTS more to come once we all get our hands on the game)

Screenshots of clash and Party modes
z1WgwW3.png

CW54C4L.png

divider-bg.png

A very special thanks to GrinningColossus for their help with artwork and planning and luulubuu for the awesome top banner!

1500x500

JPS Kai

Hope to see some reviews happen soon. We didn't hear anything from Harmonix PR about coverage opportunities.

I have to admit I'm a little iffy about getting this. I think the game itself looks pretty fun, and I think me and my friends would have a good time with it. But I also can't help but feel this is going to go down in price pretty quickly if it isn't a big hit. It's a decent amount of money to buy into right now. Of course, I probably just have to watch a stream of someone playing it again to convince me otherwise. Tough call.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I have to admit I'm a little iffy about getting this. I think the game itself looks pretty fun, and I think me and my friends would have a good time with it. But I also can't help but feel this is going to go down in price pretty quickly if it isn't a big hit. It's a decent amount of money to buy into right now. Of course, I probably just have to watch a stream of someone playing it again to convince me otherwise. Tough call.

I don’t think even hasbro think this game is going to light the world on fire out of the gate. From the quantities shown at some brick and mortar stores today it seems like they are trickle feeding it into market and hoping for a slow burn. Maybe more of a push during Christmas rush.

Storm360

Just an FYI, there are some behind the scenes updates occurring that may break the share links on the OP.

Release seems to be a pretty slow trickle, should be a little bit easier to find as time goes on

Also there is a hidden
Steal My Sunshine
card, which is instantly makes anything great.

BiggNife

This game sounds cool but I wish it wasn't $100, for a game I'd only be able to play at parties like once or twice a month that just doesn't seem worth it. Most premium board/card games don't cost more than $60.

Storm360

Are the expansion card packs going to go up on Amazon at some point or can you only get them in certain places?

My understanding is that two bundles (one for the playlist and one for discover packs) are planned and it's just waiting for Amazon to put then up.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Are the expansion card packs going to go up on Amazon at some point or can you only get them in certain places?

HMX has said yes, but amazon seems pretty clueless at this point. I would probably bet next week we will see some of the packs go up there.

Target honestly has been the most reliable as they are the only B&M store that seemed to stock anything today. As an indication of sales though, target did have all 4 playlists for a month on their site and just recently put them all to unavailable...

I’m most worried about discover packs due to the 12 different non blind packs and most places are treating them like MtG randoms.

The first site to put up a 12pack discover bundle gets my money.

Storm360

HMX has said yes, but amazon seems pretty clueless at this point. I would probably bet next week we will see some of the packs go up.

I guess just contact Amazon and let them know the demand. Amazon did suggest also contacting Hasbro but I can't do that so no idea what would be said there

8bit

Knows the Score
I really, really want this but I live in Switzerland and might have issues getting the app to run without all manner of stupid shit not to mention acquiring the cards.

Success at Target in a Portland, OR suburb. They hadn't taken it out of the back room yet, but it was going to be in video games. No discover or playlist packs, but they're system did show they'd have them eventually

Salamande

Grabbed 1 of 2 copies at Plattsburgh, NY Target. They didn't have them on the shelf; I had to order online for in-store pickup. They had no cards, either, just the base game.

FatBaby

This looks really awesome but I am so confused by the retail model of this. Like, I get Hasbro is a physical board/card game company but this seems like better suited to be a digital card game or something.

I am sorta getting flash backs of Eye of Judgment here. Really awesome concept, but it was just impossible to find a reliable source for extra cards and packs. Now, I get they aren't card packs in the traditional sense where everything is random, but just in terms of finding a store that will carry then. I suppose if I can get everything reliably on Amazon, then it's a moot point, but still. Plus, it leaves me with stuff that is just going to be taking up space if I don't have friends to play it or it dies off.

I don't know, I've been going back and forth on if I want to pull the trigger on this. I really hope this does well regardless.

Shoyz

For something reliant on buying random packs of cards, I feel like accessibility is super important, and $100 for an NFC reader that then requires you to supply your own smart device to use it is such a high barrier of entry I feel like. Surprised there isn't a higher end self-contained SKU with HDMI out.

Would love to grab one on sale.

Listonosh

For something reliant on buying random packs of cards, I feel like accessibility is super important, and $100 for an NFC reader that then requires you to supply your own smart device to use it is such a high barrier of entry I feel like. Surprised there isn't a higher end self-contained SKU with HDMI out.

Would love to grab one on sale.

Theyre not random, at least the Playlist packs aren't. And like I said in my GameZone review, it's probably one of the easiest games to set up, since it's literally the board, the app, and boom, you're playing

I also think the app is necessary to future proof the board. Since the board is really nothing but an NFC reader, all the new songs over the next few years are going to need to be patched into the app.

Storm360

Theyre not random, at least the Playlist packs aren't. And like I said in my GameZone review, it's probably one of the easiest games to set up, since it's literally the board, the app, and boom, you're playing

I also think the app is necessary to future proof the board. Since the board is really nothing but an NFC reader, all the new songs over the next few years are going to need to be patched into the app.

Discover packs aren't random either

Rated-G

Where does the audio come from? the phone or the board? can you output to a better speaker?

The phone. You can definitely output to a better speaker. I’ve been using airplay or screen mirroring to my Apple TV to get the sound coming through my
home theater system.

MrChulinitz

Neo Member
I was able to get the game at Target as well as the Pop Playlist Pack and 5 distinct series 2 Discovery Packs. That was all they had received.

The few Targets that I visited said that the games was "In Transition" meaning that they had received some things but were waiting for instructions about where it should be displayed. It looks like they are going to be setting up a special display for it, but maybe it's not ready yet.

The card packs don't show up in their systems at all, but the guys at that one Target were nice enough to go in the back and look through boxes for me.

AzerPhire

I am really on the fence with this one. I would like to go out and get it but I am afraid I will be bored of it after 3-4 times playing it.

vort3x

Haven't found shit regarding this game anywhere. Tweeted dropmix directly last week and was told to contact bestbuy when I asked why they weren't releasing it today. Also packs are nowhere to be found as well. Doesn't look like Hasbro has high hopes/faith for this game? This is a really weak launch. Only place I can find packs online is Walmart and they only have the hip hop/pop/rock packs.

Looks like a fun idea, but I might need to wait and see with the cost. Seems like the kind of game my friends might like though.

Storm360

Is that the hidden card for the rock deck?

Yup

Hidden Baffler Card spoilers below

Pop - Beethoven's 5th Sympathy in C Minor (Strings)
Electronic - Harmonix Music - Doctor Who Theme (Keys)
Rap/Hip-Hop - Davis Franklin - Beatboxer (Vocals)
Rock - LEN - Steal My Sunshine (Vocals)

Yup

Hidden Baffler Card spoilers below

Pop - Beethoven's 5th Sympathy in C Minor (Strings)
Electronic - Harmonix Music - Doctor Who Theme (Keys)
Rap/Hip-Hop - Davis Franklin - Beatboxer (Vocals)
Rock - LEN - Steal My Sunshine (Vocals)

Only deck I couldn't find, need that playlist deck ASAP

Blam

I'm already liking this game. Was wondering how this would have turned out and it seems to be doing pretty good.

Top Bottom