• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DropMix [OT] : You've just activated my musical trap card!

Poppyseed

Can someone explain how much you need to spend to get everything? Do you literally have to buy every single pack and discovery packs?

Also, it sounds like the music is only licensed through 2019 since it says the app is only available till that point on Hasbro’s site.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Can someone explain how much you need to spend to get everything? Do you literally have to buy every single pack and discovery packs?

Also, it sounds like the music is only licensed through 2019 since it says the app is only available till that point on Hasbro’s site.

$99 game
4 x $15 = $60
12 x $5 = $60

So $220 for the first wave of 184 cards. The next wave will be $120 as it is just 4 playlists and another 12 discovers

As for the date, hmxjosh said that was the date they were required to put on it due to licensing. They have no plans of actually stopping it there. I assume if the game bombed that would be the dead date

I would assume that the deals would be the 5 year ones that rock band had (as crossover between rock band, dance central, and dropmix have happened with tracks)

That is a major worry to me though, as the app will eventually be dead. Does that mean everything I have will be useless? Do I need to keep a legacy device around that has the app loaded on it to keep it forever? It’s kind of like a rock band type thing, but at least with my 360 I know the songs are there forever (or until a HDD crash) Have any other apps that have died out have a similar situation?

Poppyseed

$99 game
4 x $15 = $60
12 x $5 = $60

So $220 for the first wave of 184 cards. The next wave will be $120 as it is just 4 playlists and another 12 discovers

As for the date, hmxjosh said that was the date they were required to put on it due to licensing. They have no plans of actually stopping it there. I assume if the game bombed that would be the dead date

I would assume that the deals would be the 5 year ones that rock band had (as crossover between rock band, dance central, and dropmix have happened with tracks)

That is a major worry to me though, as the app will eventually be dead. Does that mean everything I have will be useless? Do I need to keep a legacy device around that has the app loaded on it to keep it forever? It’s kind of like a rock band type thing, but at least with my 360 I know the songs are there forever (or until a HDD crash) Have any other apps that have died out have a similar situation?

Oy...that’s quite an investment... thanks.

Still up for me. GOGOGO people that want hard to find ones...

Yeah, I was just able to order everything I was missing. Got my Astro pack and the two discover series bundles. I did notice that the link posted will bring up a Generic Error page sometimes. Just keep trying the link if you get that page.

Sweet! Got the two discovery packs so now I have everything except for that silly Transformers card. Thanks for posting that link Sp3eD.

Qwark

Yay, with the discovery packs I now have every card in the first set (minus transformers, please reprint it Hasbro). Now bring on Season 2. Josh said this in Discord yesterday:

I've seen a ton of cards that we're chasing after, and they're GOOD. I've seen some of the updates we want to bring to the app, and they're GOOD

I'm hoping this can still catch on, everybody I've shown it to has been really impressed but nobody has even known it existed.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I have to think they have a marketing push planned sometime in November / December. There is no way they are going to let an expensive endeavor fizzle with no push. Probably just waiting until they have the cards and games everywhere. At least I hope 😐

Rated-G

Oh man I really hope Hasbro aren’t going to be the only place to get the discovery bundles. I was hoping at least Amazon would get them.

I have to think they have a marketing push planned sometime in November / December. There is no way they are going to let an expensive endeavor fizzle with no push. Probably just waiting until they have the cards and games everywhere. At least I hope 😐

Ive been getting Youtube ads for it this week so i think the push is rolling out.

Qwark

Well, I got my Astro pack. One card was stuck to the packaging, and another card just doesn't work with the board. I hope Hasbro support can help me out, I don't want to be stuck with 14/15 deck completion.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Well, I got my Astro pack. One card was stuck to the packaging, and another card just doesn't work with the board. I hope Hasbro support can help me out, I don't want to be stuck with 14/15 deck completion.

From the official discord somebody else had some good luck with hasbro now. They are fixing indicidual cards now

LordRaptor

I literally can't find any UK retailers with pricing, let alone preorders - any UK GAF know anywhere?

I still can't find any UK retailers that are even pricing this, let alone offering it for sale.
If retailers don't even have placeholder purchase pages up this close to launch, I find it difficult to believe its launching here this year at all

I still can't find any UK retailers that are even pricing this, let alone offering it for sale.
If retailers don't even have placeholder purchase pages up this close to launch, I find it difficult to believe its launching here this year at all

FYI, it's up on Amazon UK now. Hella expensive though - 119 GBP.

Out November 14th.

Megatron

Dropmix has gone to $75 on amazon.

DropMix Music Gaming System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKXMC5Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Game is still super fun to me and gets lots of play at parties even after multiple times.

Hope the wave 2 cards come soon!

I expect this to get much lower. Neat idea, I played it at pax, and got the transformers theme song card while I was there, but I just dont see this catching on with the mainstream. I may grab it at clearance prices.

Top Bottom