• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drumpf is banned from the state of Michigan!

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Jun 6, 2004
New York
What they will try to do is ban him from holding campaign rallies in the coming months - watch states refuse to permit them.
I don't think they can ban him from the state, but should refuse to permit him as he has shown a wanton disregard for public health and the States executive order.

Earlier in the day the AG said they would sue any company that allows him to not wear a mask in violation of the order, and that's what I hope they do.
If they sue Ford, they'll need to reveal why they allowed him to go in without a mask. I wouldn't be surprised if he put the screws to them, and that would be really serious.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I don't think they can ban him from the state, but should refuse to permit him as he has shown a wanton disregard for public health and the States executive order.

Earlier in the day the AG said they would sue any company that allows him to not wear a mask in violation of the order, and that's what I hope they do.
If they sue Ford, they'll need to reveal why they allowed him to go in without a mask. I wouldn't be surprised if he put the screws to them, and that would be really serious.
Her order is likely illegal and, like a lot of these, will not stand up in court if they push it afterwards. Her state and others are looking at civil rights lawsuits.

HarryKS

Jan 24, 2010
Was reading that earlier today. Who does he think he is?
If it's a woman, she.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Please let all these TDS based court cases make it up to the SCOTUS. It will really make Justice Ruth Ginsberg consider her end of life choices for sticking around and what part of America she represents.

A.K.A. More elder abuse via the DNC.

Last edited:

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
I don’t think they could ban him. As the executive of the country, his work would likely preempt any local or state laws. The federal government can’t force states to enforce its laws, but states can’t refuse to allow federal work to be done.

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

eot

Apr 13, 2012
There is a more basic problem with this - Trump is tested every day and tests negative, so why would he need to wear a mask? Masks are only useful at stopping the infected from infecting others.
Proper masks stop you from being infected...

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Proper masks stop you from being infected...
Fitted gas mask-type masks that can filter viruses, yes. The average medical or construction or homemade fabric mask just absorbs exhaled moisture droplets before they can be aerosolized. Once it is aerosolized in an enclosed environment it will slip right through basically all the common masks.

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
This new low IQ push of having a speaker then complaining that they didn't wear a mask is fucking dumb. Look at all the black leaders not wearing a mask at a Michigan event with Trump.

Honestly, you can't have an event in the middle of a pandemic and then complain that someone didn't wear a mask. If you were that worried about people's safety you wouldn't have the event in the first place.

This is just more TDS...

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
England
Reminds me of the time Prince Phillip went to tour a cheese makers and refused to wear a hair net or hygienic coveralls.

They had to destroy all the cheese they were making that day he'd been near.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
How about instead of worrying about DRUMPF, lawmakers in Michigan worry about their elderly?

Ya sending in a mental unstable 20 year old to beat the shit out of old people thats what I call great leadership. But DRUMPFS mask thats the big concern.

Fuck these idiots who spent this crisis crying about the Feds, seizing power, and screwing over the generation that gave them everything they have.

This should be the end of the little tyrant Whitmore. Forget about being Bidens VP pick now.