• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSFix 2.3 taken down after DMCA complaint [Up: Was mistake; being resolved]

Ridley327

The worst part is that this came after a rather awesome day for the company with all of the localization announcements they made. Why would they take that momentum and suddenly crash it into a wall like this? Who thought that was a good idea?

cagivp.gif

Mooreberg

Awful move on their part. I wonder if they are planning a commercial reissue of Dark Souls and view your work as an impediment to potential sales. The timing is very strange.

The only reason for them doing this that would make some non-epsilon amount of sense would be them preparing Dark Souls Definiton Editon or something.

Even then, it would be ridiculously small amount of sense, and even then this is probably not happening.

Just... what the heck? Is there any precedent for a company doing something like this? I mean, taking down whole games and whole game mods has happened, but this is just a tech tool.

Despera

Banned
So instead of thanking you, offering to hire you or at least adding some sort of easter egg in one of their games in your honor... they do this?

smh :/

artsi

Unbelievable. What is going on in their heads?

For the record I would NOT have bought Dark Souls for PC if this fix didn't exist.

Rasen

Banned
I really don't understand at all how they thought this was a good move, especially after making people mad enough with previous issues with the PC versions of DkS 1 and 2.

Oh well, hopefully they reverse the decision or the patch is hosted elsewhere :/

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I just had a thought. What if a confused employee mistook DSFix for the debug .exe going around? I mean they would clearly be within their rights to request that one to be taken down.

Edit: Bah, alr1ght was faster!

roytheone

I bought dark souls because dsfix exists. Namco has my money because of you. If this is intentional (and not some power hungry lawyer firm getting a little to active) it is a disgrace.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That's what I don't get.

Dark Souls 1 remaster coming?

only thing I can think of

better framerate, higher resolution, gotta get rid of DSFix because why would somebody buy the new one when they can DSFix the old one on PC

remember, this is the company that wants to charge for DX11 features on PC instead of just putting it behind a menu choice like every other game ever

Woooooow. Does Scamco know that without Durante's help, Dark Souls wouldn't have been the colossal hit on the PC market especially with their shit port?

What dummies.

Goon Boon

Banned
I always thought they should cut the Durante and anyone else associated with the dark souls fix a check for fixing their broken product, holy shit is this fucking stupid.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Have you contacted any press? Seems like a good way to drum up enough support to get them to change their minds.

This is a pretty petty thing for a company to do.

What the fuck? Why would they ever do this? It's not like you use any of their files and it actually helps them sell more versions of their broken game by providing a patch that lets it preform significantly better without any extra work from them...

Top Bottom