• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSi XL! euro release date

Aru

Price rumors are 190 €.

Quite expensive :/

I wish they would drop the price of all DS models and put this one at 170 € max.

snap0212

I'm gonna get a second job to buy this thing... or should I wait for the inevitable 24 inch version?

Will buy it for my Mum. :)

Majmun

I still have my phat DS. And I'll probably want to upgrade. Don't know which version to get though.

I think I'll just wait for DS2.

whaaat? Come on you can get "kind-of" laptops for that price. I have every DS model but I won't buy this one. Mostly because I have tons of DSi games that can't be transferred.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
:Motorbass said:
whaaat? Come on you can get "kind-of" laptops for that price. I have every DS model but I won't buy this one. Mostly because I have tons of DSi games that can't be transferred.
Huh? The DSi was £150 when it release as well. Retailers soon bumped it down to about £130, but the RRP is still £150, I think.

I've always thought £99 is about the sweet spot for a handheld. I can't imagine a little camera adds much to the manufacturing costs.

zigg

cjelly said:
I can't imagine a little camera adds much to the manufacturing costs.

And internal Flash... and an SD slot... and a faster processor... and more RAM... and a new sound chip... and a secondary Wi-Fi chip (for the full-speed 802.11, WPA, and all that jazz)...

I do think Lite is more than ready to go to down a bit more, though, and DSi should probably drop a bit before I think it'll hit a nice, accessible price.

Nintendo has the following to say on the price.
“There will be a slight premium on the Nintendo DSi XL trade price to retailers compared to the Nintendo DSi. But as always, the final price to consumers is determined by the retailers.”
Basically the usual. They started saying that last sentence a few months before the time of this. They don't want to raise suspicion in any way and effectively piss on goodwill.

The obvious thing about this new model and people wanting to upgrade is I wonder if a future DSi Firmware will have a DSi shop account transfer option (you know how there is the Nintendo Wi-Fi configuration transfer option for moving your DS Wi-Fi settings from one DS to another*).

*-There are some DS games which lock their Wi-Fi play to the DS system they were initiated on. This is the reason for that option existing.

nli10

Do I want a 4th DS?

Besides the screen what are the upgrades? Bigger onboard memory?

I guess it wouldn't fit in pockets so I might stay DSi, depends whether there are trade in deals for the Lite as DSi & DSi XL would be a nice combo but I'd only have a download account on one.

And colours, colours are very important.

Shiggy

While the price is still a secret [ ;) ], here's the European packaging [I'll upload a larger version later, if needed].

4278672933_210ed94173_o.jpg

4278672863_cd11713f94_o.jpg

Shiggy said:
While the price is still a secret [ ;) ], here's the European packaging [I'll upload a larger version later, if needed].

4278672933_210ed94173_o.jpg

4278672863_cd11713f94_o.jpg
Nice looking box.
I see someone has shortened my extra large thread title

Woo-Fu

Banned
Very misleading to cut off the right side of the DSi XL while showing previous screen size. Makes the screen appear even larger in comparison to what people think of when they think of a DS.

I definitely want one of these, though, heh.

Spwn

The DSi is still 199€ in Finland so I guess this will also be about 200€ here. I hope it brings down the price of the original DSi.

wrowa said:
What is this 6 in 1 dictionary? Is it any good or only some extremely limited stuff?

It is a DSi Ware thing made buy Intelligent Systems. It is supposed to be very limited though. Nintendo were saying it could be used as a translator on the go in other countries

Shiggy

Spwn said:
The DSi is still 199€ in Finland so I guess this will also be about 200€ here. I hope it brings down the price of the original DSi.

The DSi should be at only 189 € in your country, 20 € more than in NoE countries.
I expect the Finnish price of the DSi XL to be 209 €. :/

Spwn

Shiggy said:
The DSi should be at only 189 € in your country, 20 € more than in NoE countries.

Tell that to the sellers. Game prices seldom drop after release in Finland so it's no surprise the price is so high. Many big stores sell PS3 slim for 339€-359€ so... (Although you can get it for 289€-299€ from a couple of places)

Top Bottom