• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSlite sleek black edition

Coming to Europe!
Linky
nrsl324Dxp3_z4W-2xGEqSD62oags9lU.jpg

83PICM3iduACnpQHlhs8PajqcNd4y7IC.jpg

22nd May 2006 - The Nintendo DS Lite will become the new addition to Nintendo’s video game family when it launches in Europe on 23rd June 2006. Available in two colours from launch - a sleek black edition and a cool, stylish white edition, the summer really is looking brighter.

Nintendo DS Lite is a lighter and brighter version of the highly successful Nintendo DS, which has sold more than 4 million units across Europe and 16 milllion units worldwide. It will join the Nintendo DS range as a ‘premium’ alternative to the current Nintendo DS and is expected to retail at the estimated price of around £99.99 / 149.99 Euros.

Andy787

Banned
While I prefer the jet black iPods over the classic white ones, I actually think the white DS Lite is just perfect for it. I'm very happy that we're getting the white one first, because that's by far the one I want most.

So I guess we're still stuck with white? Ugh, terrible. Japan has navy and Europe has black, both of which I would want much more than white. If it weren't for price and NOA's customer service I would import. :( Get on the ball NOA.

MutFox

Banned
I'm waiting for black, and I'm in NA...
I'll probably have to import... :(

Hope there is some news on NA getting black soon...

we get the black version as Nintendo is starting to realise that Europe has a lot of potential if you treat it right. Theres potentially many millions more people to sell to in Europe than there is in the USA or Japan. and Europe grows every year.
also we deserve it anyway for having to wait so long for the damn thing!

mrkgoo

Hmmm...nice.

Probably still get white, but neat to know (is it for us Aussie/Kiwis too?).

And just for those saying Europe is finally doing something right, lest we forget that Micro was released in atleast 5-6 colours, all with matching faceplates.

Woo!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
cvxfreak said:
I love white, but damn that's hot.

Yeah, seriously. The only thing I have against white is keeping it clean, since I actually take mine with me...

This is really gonna be a see both in person before deciding type thing. So sexy, both of them, all of them, though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
While I have to admit that Nintendo are marketing geniuses with the way they convince us to buy their platforms over and over again, I fucking hate it.

If multiple colors aren't available at launch in the US Imagonna be pissed. I don't like the white.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Lost Fragment said:
While I have to admit that Nintendo are marketing geniuses with the way they convince us to buy their platforms over and over again, I fucking hate it.

If multiple colors aren't available at launch in the US Imagonna be pissed. I don't like the white.

Geta ready to bea pissed. =[

cvxfreak

June is gonna be a great month for the European DS. Brain Age on the 9th, Nintendogs Dalmatian on the 16th and NSMB on the 30th.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
:lol I just told someone yesterday that there was no black DSL. I guess I have to give him the good news.

Xellotah

Hurrah... I need to buy 3 DSLites, 1 for me and the others for my young nephew and niece. Now if only they released a pink one as well!!

Psyclone

cvxfreak said:
June is gonna be a great month for the European DS. Brain Age on the 9th, Nintendogs Dalmatian on the 16th and NSMB on the 30th.

Wallet am cry... who cares though! i didnt get the original ds and didnt import a dslite either, it seems that patience is a virtue! THANK YOU NINTENDO!! :D (Dancing to audio track #3 http://mario.nintendo.com/)

Black or White though?!?! Anyone here with a navy or white dslite that can enlighten us on fingerprint marks on both? *Carries on dancing*:D

LOcKY

im guessing they are saving the pink edition for pre christmas.
they did EXTREMELY well with the Pink GBASP when it was released pre-xmas time :)

n-off

I see a white ds and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black

+1 black ds lite sold in europe

yilmazz

OMG, I'm feeling raped by the price but now there is also a black DSL... cannot resist.. wanna make love to both.. help! :(

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
n-off said:
I see a white ds and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black

+1 black ds lite sold in europe
bonus points for awesome song reference

aoi tsuki

Xellotah said:
Hurrah... I need to buy 3 DSLites, 1 for me and the others for my young nephew and niece. Now if only they released a pink one as well!!
My money's on Australia launching with pink, next Smarch.

Top Bottom