• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualsense doesn't do remote play

Skyfox

Dualsense doesn't work for remote play.

No mobile devices support it whatsoever. No ios devices, no android.

Which might not have been as bad if Sony hadn't blocked ALL non-playstation controllers too.

PS5 is still in beta. The amount of disappointments is insane.

Last edited:

Banned
Dualsense doesn't work for remote play.

No mobile devices support it whatsoever. No ios devices, no android.

Which might not have been as bad if Sony hadn't blocked ALL non-playstation controllers too.

PS5 is still in beta. The amount of disappointments is insane.

so you're saying that I'm imagining using it on my PS4 via a third party remote play app on android???

I made a whole thread about this btw. just sayin
vvvvvvvvvvv
LINK

Last edited:

Banned
I can't use my PS5 controllers for mobile games? Aww.

you can tho,

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Ok OP, seems like it does?

Last edited:

Justin9mm

OP talking about using remote play on his PS5 through the mobile phone to play PS5/PS4 games with his Dualsense controller but it is not supported by Sony yet which is insanely fucking dumb!

There is a third party app called PSPlay at least on the Android app store here in Australia, it does cost $7.49 but it is better than the official remote play app from Sony and it supports PS5 remote play and with the Dualsense via Bluetooth or USB. It also allows the remote play through mobile network when not at home.

It beggars belief that a third party can easily do it but Sony has shit the bed with this.

OP talking about using remote play on his PS5 through the mobile phone to play PS5/PS4 games with his Dualsense controller but it is not supported by Sony yet which is insanely fucking dumb!

There is a third party app called PSPlay at least on the Android app store here in Australia, it does cost $7.49 but it is better than the official remote play app from Sony and it supports PS5 remote play and with the Dualsense via Bluetooth or USB. It also allows the remote play through mobile network when not at home.

It beggars belief that a third party can easily do it but Sony has shit the bed with this.
I love psplay. I wasn't sure they would be able to figure out ps5 remote play but I'm so happy they did. I have yet to put my Razer Kishi through it's paces though.

I haven't tried hooking up my DualSense to my Android phone, mainly because I only own a connector for the DualShock 4. But, PS5 RemotePlay has, so far worked flawlessly using a DS4.

So will the Kishi work with PS5 Remote play /PS5 Games?
Just tried it with Immortals Fenyx Rising ps5 version and it works with my galaxy s10 and Razer Kishi.

I just need to figure out how to map the touchpad to a button for the inventory menu, preferably in place of Share, which I never use. I messed with some configs in the psplay app but kept ending up with buttons not working.

Nester99

Playing some Ubisoft games on PC before Ubi+ runs out. I have been using a DS4 for a while with a cable to my pc.

Swap out my DS4 for the Dualsense via UbS-c cable and win10 or ubi+ won’t recognize it.

Lame!

using the ds4 on remote play for ps5 is also screwed as the mapping is messed up........14.3 also doesn't fix it...its the app thats the issue
the only work around is to have the ps5 in the same room with another account and you use 2 controls...you wont be controlling it over the app but directly with the ps5

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Last edited:

Tschumi

what do you mean by this? as far as i know the controller's wireless.. does its bluetooth just not work with many devices? like dualshock 4 needed an app on my laptop before i could use it with my pc?

well i mean, alright~ it's an expensive, very specialized piece of tech... it's intended for ps5, so yeah~

wow, i just realised that i'm living at the time of ps5. holy shit ps2 Tschumi check this shit out.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How does a PS5 controller not working with a mobile app (apparently it does after all?) mean the PS5 console is in beta?

Codes 208

Dual sense support is hit or miss on pc as well. Epic store doesn’t recognizes it wirelessly and some steam games don’t either (like phasmophobia.) Or atleast wirelessly

The app clearly needs an update ...just like the system needs a few firmware patches but it’s a waiting game

both consoles probably needed another 6-12 months in the oven to be honest

Skyfox

PS5 with playstation remote play app:

You can not use a razer kishi (I have one and tried), you can not use a dualsense, it doesn't work on ios, it doesn't work on android.

I sold my ps4 pro so I don't have a DS4. I'm not paying a third party app maker - they get blocked by sony anyway.

Rikkori

Sony just doesn't give a fuck anymore. The arrogance of reaching #1.

tymberlee hill shrug GIF by HULU

Nester99

You can not use a razer kishi (I have one and tried), you can not use a dualsense, it doesn't work on ios, it doesn't work on android.

I sold my ps4 pro so I don't have a DS4. I'm not paying a third party app maker - they get blocked by sony anyway.

AH nutz, i was just about to buy a Razor Kishi for XSX and PS5 Streaming. How lame to hear it does not work.

AH nutz, i was just about to buy a Razor Kishi for XSX and PS5 Streaming. How lame to hear it does not work.
It works with this app.

I tested it yesterday. The only thing I can't get working is the touchpad.

Will it work in two weeks after I've paid for it and Sony do a fw update?

Will the app maker fix that?
Yes. The app didn't work with ps5 originally and was updated to work with ps5. He does routine updates. You may have to wait for him to update the app to work with the latest firmware but so far firmware updates haven't broken anything anyway.

Top Bottom