• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment, launching January 23

Fake

Introducing the DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment, launching January 23: https://t.co/TXugEMR04u https://t.co/NOnxtpMRTG

• Responsive Back Buttons and High-fidelity OLED Screen: The two back buttons can map up to 16 different actions such as triangle, circle, R1 and R2 to name a few and provide amazing tactile feedback, so you can jump and slide without missing a beat. The attachment also features an integrated OLED display that provides real time information around button assignments.
  • Highly Configurable: A dedicated button allows you to remap back button inputs on the fly, so you are always prepared no matter what game you’re playing. Furthermore, you can save and choose up to three different profiles for use in various games and there is also a headset pass-through for connecting any 3.5mm wired headset to the controller.
  • Developed by PlayStation: The product is tested and approved for all of your favorite PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR titles, and is built with the ergonomics of the DS4 in mind.
The Back Button Attachment launches in US and Canada on January 23, 2020, for SRP $29.99 USD, $39.99 CAD, so make sure to pick one up if you’re looking to play and compete at your best.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yeah, I’m going to say the PS5 pad may just have some sort of back buttons/paddles based on this.

That would be another new thing the pad has, versus the next to nothing the Xbox one has.

VertigoOA

Banned
Stupid. Just stupid

better off getting a legit esport pad for the same amount of money as this dual shock 32x cosplay.

Last edited:

Kagero

Fucking amazing. I've wanted back buttons for a while now and have no desire to invest in a pro/elite controller.

Good job Sony, don't listen to the Debbie Downers over here.
Jealousy is an evil thing ;)

Honestly thought, the thing is a little silly looking. First thing that came to mind is the infamous line," Squeal like a pig", line in deliverance lol. I'm actually excited for this as long as Sony prices it right.

VertigoOA

Banned
First image of DUal Shock 5

32x.jpg

so a ds4 with this bulky piece of shit added to it will run up to 100$. You can get a Nacon Pro v2 that’s infinitely superior for under 90$ And not a frail, cheap feeling turd of a pad like the standard ds4.

stupid

Last edited:

Quasicat

Why is the screen in the back? Wouldn't it make more sense to put it in the front so you can see the remaps by just looking down?
This was my first thought.

Also, I tried using the paddles on the Xbox Elite controller, and I hold it in such a way that I kept hitting them by accident. Hopefully if this is a preview of the DS5, I hope the paddles are removable.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Ohhh I luv how Sony keeps evolving and innovating the controller. This is probably to keep the old controllers compatible with what is to come in the PS5. Dual shock in general is the best controller.

ethomaz

Banned
How wants that?

I even having a hard time to think about some persons with disabilities that needs that button.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
And an OLED screen at that. What the fuck were the designers high on when they made this. I can see the buttons being something like a cheaper alternative to elite type controllers with paddle crap without having to buy a whole new controller but why a screen on the back ffs?! LOL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom