• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShock 4 Now Works Wirelessly With PS3

KalBalboa

Banned
Via TheSixthAxis // Reddit

• Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
  • Go to Accessory settings.
  • Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, then unplug and scan for device.
  • While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
  • Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.

Came with the latest firmware update. It doesn't look like 100% support is there yet (not every game works, no rumble), but this is still a step in the right direction.

Jonboy

This is actually pretty huge. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned sooner.

Seems like a great time for another Demon's Souls playthrough!

hesido

Does it still control the PS4 if connected this way?

[this space is reserved for links to the accidental PSN purchase threads]

Oh shit, this is awesome! I'll have to try and sync it tonight, and then I can go back to using the DS4 but not have to worry about that awkward wire falling out.

coastel

Perfect been using a long unofficial wire for the ps4 pad on the ps3 and the connection from the wire to the pad falls out if you move it some times so this is great.

hbkdx12

Wired, it worked with most if not all my ps3 games from day 1

but the problem why i don't use it is because of the lack of rumble.

You don't realize how important rumble feedback is to some games until you don't have it anymore

Rosur

Perfect been using a long unofficial wire for the ps4 pad on the ps3 and the connection from the wire to the pad falls out if you move it some times so this is great.

Yea was having this issue too. Glad Sony's seems to be adding support for the DS4 to the PS3.

todd360

I wonder if this will somehow fix controller compatibility for some games. Kingdom hearts 1.5 for example. Moving sora a certain direction causes him to walk instead of run on wired ds4.

Fbh

Awesome.

Both my Ps3 controller started to give me issues and I was using my dualshock 4. Which sucks because I had to sit right next to the console (I have a rather short cable).

I managed to fix the Ps3 controllers but it's still a nice addition

Listonosh

Holy crap! No joke, the DS3 held me back from wanting to go and play some of the new releases on PS3. This is freaking awesome

Daverid

Woohoo! Hopefully this means eventually we'll get SixAxis & PSButton support.

I bought a DS4 because it's a bloody beautiful controller, but I don't intend on owning a PS4 for at least another 2-3 years, so I've been really hoping they'll increase the DS4 support on PS3. This is a great first (Second?) step.

icespide

Banned
is this going to lead to another thread where someone was using a DS4 on his PS3 and accidentally bought a PS4 game while playing a PS3 game?

ph00p

Banned
My head just exploded a little. :| this is AMAZING NEWS!!!

C'mon Xbox! Time for you to step up, although for them it's not possible or so they say.

Top Bottom