• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualshock wireless adapter for PC spotted on Amazon.fr

Krakn3Dfx

Maybe they'll release Windows drivers for the controller as well, so we don't have to fight with 3rd party utilities to game on a DS4.

Vuze

Uhh, doesn't DS4 just use regular Bluetooth? inb4 glorified 20€ dongle just because M$ charges the same lel

So its an official PlayStation Bluetooth dongle? Sure why not. Hopefully this means official drivers too. PlayStation Now seems like a good bet it'd be weird if this was just for remote play other games.

So its an official PlayStation Bluetooth dongle? Sure why not. Hopefully this means official drivers too. PlayStation Now seems like a good bet it'd be weird if this was just for remote play other games.

Considering that PS Now is most likely coming to PC, they'll want it for that (and remote play). I'm highly doubting this would come with Xinput drivers. Lots of computers that have bluetooth chips are old versions of bluetooth.

so if this is an Xinput adapter, would it allow you to use a DS4 with a steam link

(this is under my assumption that you cant use a DS4 with a steam link)

Official support would be excellent! It would make a lot of sense too as there is a remote play app on PC now and some recent PC games have offered PlayStation controller support and inputs.

Every Bluetooth adapter I've tried to use for a DS4 on my PC has had really bad input lag. Like if you get more than a foot away from the adapter it's unplayable. If this fixes that, I'm all for it.

Official drivers plz so devs can be more motivated to put PS button prompts in their pc ports

When I first bought Witcher 3 it natively recognized that I was using a dual shock 4 and gave me the correct button prompts but at some point that stopped happening

khaaan

Official drivers plz so devs can be more motivated to put PS button prompts in their pc ports

When I first bought Witcher 3 it natively recognized that I was using a dual shock 4 and gave me the correct button prompts but at some point that stopped happening

Yes please. I'm tired of being some pleb who has mentally mapped Xbox buttons to PS buttons.

Joey Ravn

Banned

khaaan

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/768111643544780800

Wario64 just tweeted this

PlayStation Blog just leaked itself, PS Now on PC is coming

Man, GAF must be hella slow right now. I thought new thread would have been instant. No one in the PS Meeting thread is talking about it either. It's great news but at the same time I'm still not interested in the service due to data caps and streaming quality.

I don't want to be the one to do it because I'm assuming someone will beat me to the punch like always.

Edit:
And by the time I posted this, the tread was made =P

Teletraan1

Banned
So this dongle is going to convert xinput button prompts that are coded into every game and exist on all of MS's gamepads and all 3rd party xinput pads including the steam controller to make them the PS prompts?

The reason there is no official xinput driver is because the Dual Shock family of controllers do not comply with the standard. Why would Sony release an official driver for a confusing product that won't even have the right prompts? Developers would have to have a toggle for what prompts you see like in FFXIV on PC but that is not a standard and there really isn't a big enough push for this.

It works as a Direct Input gamepad just fine. If the developers of each game supported direct input as well rather than only xinput then we could get the prompts like in TW3. Unfortunately MS depreciated Direct Input and hardly anyone uses/supports it anymore plus like I said there probably isn't enough people using DS4 on PC for every PC game release to implement it. MS forced a standard and it is paying off for them. It is what they do or at least attempt with everything.

Lazaro

I wonder if there's something special about this adapter other than Bluetooth connectivity. Maybe this in conjunction with official drivers gives less input lag?

artsi

I wonder if there's something special about this adapter other than Bluetooth connectivity. Maybe this in conjunction with official drivers gives less input lag?

Could be literally just a Sony branded BT dongle. Let's see.

joecanada

would be the ultimate irony if ds4 worked on windows 10 before xbox one controller, which as of now the drivers are totally screwed for wireless.

I'm pretty sure 'official' drivers would be just another XInput mapper, with all the same problems InputMapper etc. have. Sony can't release proper XInput drivers.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/

29055258292_cdc0954b4e_z.jpg

Top Bottom