• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales premiere date - Movie 8/12 + Series 9/23

Blindy

Surprising Webby is treated the same as the Huey, Dewey and Louie. I don't remember much of her, is it so he show wants a main female lead? I know Webby had less hair before. She was never apart of the actual action too.

Is Magica De Spell in this? I thought she was the best female in the whole series.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Surprising Webby is treated the same as the Huey, Dewey and Louie. I don't remember much of her, is it so he show wants a main female lead? I know Webby had less hair before. She was never apart of the actual action too.

Is Magica De Spell in this? I thought she was the best female in the whole series.

I'm having actual trouble to come up with an answer for this, but I should have guessed giving some of the spotlight to a few female characters is an issue for someone again.

So just to say something, I'll say Webby gives me major Mabel vibes, and she was easily the best character in Gravity Falls, but even more adventurous and more grappling hook usage. Which is great.

Magica doesn't seem to have been showed yet, but there IS a female duck villain in the intro, maybe that's a different version of her.

Blindy

I'm having actual trouble to come up with an answer for this, but I should have guessed giving some of the spotlight to a few female characters is an issue for someone again.

So just to say something, I'll say Webby gives me major Mabel vibes, and she was easily the best character in Gravity Falls, but even more adventurous and more grappling hook usage. Which is great.

Magica doesn't seem to have been showed yet, but there IS a female duck villain in the intro, maybe that's a different version of her.
Oh don't get me wrong, I like it quite a lot. She stands out of the 4 duck kids the most at least to me. Just surprising, given she was like moral support on the show. Drastic change of character.

She's almost Kim Possible esque with what she's doing lol.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh don't get me wrong, I like it quite a lot. She stands out of the 4 duck kids the most at least to me. Just surprising, given she was like moral support on the show. Drastic change of character.

She's almost Kim Possible esque with what she's doing lol.

She is! Alright, got ya wrong, I'm sorry.

Blindy

She is! Alright, got ya wrong, I'm sorry.
No worries, I can see how my post first glance can be somewhat ignorant rereading it. Needed my cup of coffee.

Def. giving this show a chance, looks really good. Doesn't have the usual in your face humor a lot of cartoons(Particularly ones on the non Adult Swim Cartoon Network) these days have that just doesn't click with me. It's what turned me off from STAR vs the Forces of Evil. I really wanted to give that show a chance since I like the art, theme song and concept. The humor just did absolutely nothing for me though.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No worries, I can see how my post first glance can be somewhat ignorant rereading it. Needed my cup of coffee.

Def. giving this show a chance, looks really good. Doesn't have the usual in your face humor a lot of cartoons(Particularly ones on the non Adult Swim Cartoon Network) these days have that just doesn't click with me. It's what turned me off from STAR vs the Forces of Evil. I really wanted to give that show a chance since I like the art, theme song and concept. The humor just did absolutely nothing for me though.

Check out Gravity Falls though, it's Disney and it's been one of the best cartoon series in ages.

What's Donald doing here?

Wasn't he absent throughout the OG series?

He seems like Scrat here, purely for cheap slapstick.

While he was absent, that was a choice of adaptation for the show, not a case of being fully true to the source material - in this case the Uncle Scrooge and wider Duck Universe comics. The Duck family in general, but Donald especially, get up to some crazy shit when there isn't a certain mouse breathing down their necks. In many nations of continental Europe, they're more than another part of the Disney wheelhouse, but an institution unto themselves.

This is the new Ducktales' central hook - that it's more true to the comics. So this is intended to whet the appetite of fans, while also giving it a much stronger appeal internationally.

I mean hell, I haven't even read that many of the comics personally, but I know enough through sheer osmosis that I'm excited as hell for this.

RagnarokX

Just saw the opening title. Looks great. Still not a big fan of the kids voices, but this seems like it's going to be a great show. Hope it's a success and spawns a new revival of classic Disney.

If they revived Darkwing, you think instead of having him be fired, Darkwing would be Launchpad's night job? Not getting enough sleep will make him crash more.

UberTag

If they revived Darkwing, you think instead of having him be fired, Darkwing would be Launchpad's night job? Not getting enough sleep will make him crash more.
Somehow I don't think Scrooge would be keen to have Launchpad moonlighting. Hell, neither would Darkwing for that matter. Then again, one has to wonder why either of them wouldn't be able to find someone more competent.

Briarios

Huey-Dewey-Louie-Webby.jpg

Based on this image and the theme song alone I think you can bet the girls in this series all got a heck of a makeover to be more adventurous.

Also, girls seem to LOVE grappling hooks huh?

tumblr_mri525Hqz91rcqmk0o2_500.gif

Can't wait for Ducktails. Disney XD has been killing it lately.

I now want a Gravity Falls/Duck Tales crossover that I never knew I needed.

RagnarokX

Somehow I don't think Scrooge would be keen to have Launchpad moonlighting. Hell, neither would Darkwing for that matter. Then again, one has to wonder why either of them wouldn't be able to find someone more competent.

Well, Scrooge likes to keep his money safe. They could have Darkwing's crimefighting be supported by a mysterious benefactor that's hinted to be Scrooge and Launchpad acting as sort of a mole. I mean, how could Darkwing afford all his gadgets? He was Batman without the fortune. And St. Canard IS right across the river from Duckburg.

Ultimadrago

I forgot to say this before, but my boy Donald Duck looks like a fucking KING in that black sailor outfit. I can't believe I've never seen it before. Is that from the comics?

Not sure how I feel about the themesong.. Seems alright. Looks... alright.. Not sure.

But the little clips introducing the characters? I'm not into it. I'm just not feeling it.

Honestly, very much looking forward to this new series. Believe me, being born in 84, the original 87 Duck Tales series is super nostalgic to me. Even so, from what I have seen so far, the 2017 series art style is SUPERIOR to the original 87 art style.

Also, having Donald Duck more involved in this new series is a plus.

HYPED for the new series.

Completely agree Fast Forward.
So hyped for this to start.

If the show succeeds and gets several seasons, would love to see them eventually, later on, bring back and create a new version of Fenton/Gizmoduck.

The new opening title, has it been linked yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

Looking (and sounding) fantastic. You can basically press pause at any time and the faces just look right. Love the facial expressions in this.

Edit also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elTVTt_ER4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu0kqEN2iFk

Yup, IN, I dig that opening. Also, absolutely major props for them keeping the original song and not making something else or something super short.

Also, I agree, love the art style and expressiveness of the characters.

Yeah, these teasing the new adventures are so hype along with the previous first look and birthday one.
And the stylish Webby treasure one, that turns out to just be a cookie jar lol.

I've liked the little character ones a lot too.
Love the animation for this.

I yearn for a new Darkwing Duck if this does well.

That eventually morphs into a full Disney Afternoon relaunch

We need this. Both of these.

I'm going to giggle hysterically whenever Tennant McDuck talks.

Haha.

It's going to be so much fun hearing him regularly :) I really like it, then again I'm huge fan of his Doctor lol.
He's clearly having a ton of fun :D http://youtu.be/HOIxkorzMkM?t=43s

e_i

I was checking my TV guide on my cable so I could record the movie, and they are showing the hour long movie on 8/12 for twenty fours straight on Disney XD.

I was checking my TV guide on my cable so I could record the movie, and they are showing the hour long movie on 8/12 for twenty fours straight on Disney XD.

They're REALLY pushing this, which is great, I think.

Also, while this is bumped, didn't think this needed its own thread but I came across this on the DTVA Tumblr.

tumblr_ou0p1kET241v79cwgo1_1280.jpg

Nicolada

That theme song is actually pretty great. Vocals could be louder, but it's faithful to the original while adding a new oomph to make it fresh. This looks to be one of the better done reboots this decade. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be better than the original show, so I'm excited to watch.

Seijuro

So Donald is in this?
When I watched the OG series as a kid it always bothered me that Donald was written out of the series (in the pilot if memory serves?). Anyone know what the creative reason was for this back then?

e_i

So Donald is in this?
When I watched the OG series as a kid it always bothered me that Donald was written out of the series (in the pilot if memory serves?). Anyone know what the creative reason was for this back then?

I'm pretty sure Donald has a bigger role in the new series.

Richie

Nerdist has the first review for tomorrow's premiere that I know of, praise all around!

I also really applaud the show's readiness to give Donald Duck jokes and funny dialogue. Anselmo has played the character for roughly one billion years at this point, and this version of the character is much more of an everyduck than an angry, fly-off-the-handle mallard.

You guys have no idea of how happy this makes me. FINALLY.

EDIT: Nah, not the first, I see IGN posted theirs 2 days ago and surely there's more out there. Equally positive and also glad for Don's characterization though!

Top Bottom