• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remasted Announced (Capcom/Wayforward, $15, XBLA/PS3/WiiU/PC)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm psyched!
Love WayForward, and Ducktales ofcourse.

I am so surprised by the Ducktales and D&D announcements.

Everyone (including me) thought that all of those amazing licensed games of Capcom's past would never be released again because Capcom would be too cheap to go after the licenses for each again.

Maybe Capcom is turning things around
probably not

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I want the ability to turn off the voices. Consider it nostalgia to the original game or consider it having my own voice for Scrooge in my head with a true Scottish accent from years of being a fan of the comics and not the watered down stories for the cartoon, I don't want to hear them talking.

I want the red coat as a swap. Easy enough to do.

I want a hug button. I didn't get one in Batman Brave and the Bold and that was the game's greatest fault.

duckroll

I want the ability to turn off the voices. Consider it nostalgia to the original game or consider it having my own voice for Scrooge in my head with a true Scottish accent from years of being a fan of the comics and not the watered down stories for the cartoon, I don't want to hear them talking.

I want the red coat as a swap. Easy enough to do.

I want a hug button. I didn't get one in Batman Brave and the Bold and that was the game's greatest fault.

You might want to avoid this game in general if you really don't care for the cartoon at all. The Capcom guys were talking on the stream about how this remake is specifically designed to be true to the cartoon in particular above all else. :p

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can get by with it being focused and dedicated to the cartoon just fine, I just don't want the voice and I can always mute it if need be. The red coat doesn't even matter, it would just be nice.

I can't play my NES copy any more due to it being damaged in a move, but I do want to play the game again and this looks to be my best opportunity.

Every games needs a hug button though. It just makes everything better. A Boy and His Blob, this game, Dead Space, every game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That offscreen footage looks visually nice. I'm not really needing to see anything else as my nostalgia for the cartoon and old game have me sold already.

Kato

Although I hate games with Dutch VA of any kind, for this one I would love nothing more. Nostalgia for me and the missus and easy for our daughter.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The little nephews are called Huey, Dewey and Louie in the original? I never knew that.
0bDMNE2.jpg

petran79

Banned
Dude, wtf, that's not even the same game. Plz come up with better jokes. Thx.

at that time though if you had this and the NES version, you'd be more impressed with the Amiga version. even though it was more difficult.

remember its 1990, no SNES and the Mega Drive had just made its debut. So 16-bit looked and sounded awesome!

Looking at those gameplay videos, it's still blowing my mind that this is going to be an actual, tangible thing that's actually going to be released.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected this to ever happen, much less put into the hands of a capable studio.

spectros4

Neo Member
I'm in the super long line for this finally. They wouldn't let people in the line for a while. I never played the original, but it looks fun.

Ocaso

I never knew exactly where the nephews came from. Google brought me to a family tree.

Apparently they're the bastard children of Donald's sister and a one-night stand.

Ha! Always wondered this myself. Is this from one of the official comics or a fan creation? Pretty detailed look into the private lives of water fowl there.

Edit: Gotta love how the original known "Duck" appears to be a pirate while the McDucks are descended from knights!

notBald

Ha! Always wondered this myself. Is this from one of the official comics or a fan creation? Pretty detailed look into the private lives of water fowl there.

I belive that was made by Don Rosa for the "life and time of Scrooge McDuck" comic. Which is the best comic book ever.

Speevy

Banned
Why can't they ever improve the art on these remasters? It's always at least a little worse.

ALSO WHERE THE HELL IS MY LITTLE NEMO REMASTERED

Yazuka

I know on good authority that it's Knatte Fnatte and Tjatte, and the girl duck is Anki :(. (Which is the best name ever because Anka is swedish for duck and Anki is an actual name)

This man knows what he is talking about. Came to post the same thing.

Ocaso

I belive that was made by Don Rosa for the "life and time of Scrooge McDuck" comic. Which is the best comic book ever.

So official, huh? Pretty awesome. I'll have to track down a copy of that.

Edit: It seems to be out of print and ridiculously expensive. :(

Agent X

It was a pleasant surprise to find out about this game. I never played the NES DuckTales game, but I do remember the cartoon from many years ago. I admire the fact that they were able to get so many of the cartoon's voice actors on board for this project.

This brings a tear to my eye as I thought me and my family were the only people to think so! My brother and I read them all as they were distributed drop by drop in Picsou Magazine. We were helped by one smarter kid who had a collection going and had issues from before his time as well.

What is all this nonsense about Riri, Fifi and Loulou, being named Kwak, Kwick in some languages? Shame; I actually do not know their names in English off the top of my head, meaning they are not as intuitive as the french ones.

I was introduced to the series by the game even though the books were popular. So I am clawed on my ceiling with with hype and joy :O

Tizoc

I never knew exactly where the nephews came from. Google brought me to a family tree.

Apparently they're the bastard children of Donald's sister and a one-night stand.

Pretty sure their father was shown during Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

Carnby

From Wikipedia

The NES version of DuckTales contains an alternate ending shown when the player finishes the game with at least $10,000,000 and has found both hidden treasures. The alternate ending consists of the same newspaper at the end of the game except the picture shows Scrooge McDuck with a crown on his head, and the paper also states that he "stunned the world with his discovery of 2 Lost Treasures."

There is another, lesser known alternate ending, shown when the player finishes the game with $0. Doing so requires very careful planning and is the most difficult ending to obtain. Scrooge is seen sobbing and the newspaper states that he has "lost his fortune in his search for the legendary five treasures. He will use them to rebuild his empire."

I had no idea the NES version had multiple endings. I hope the remake keeps them.

From Wikipedia

I had no idea the NES version had multiple endings. I hope the remake keeps them.

I know about the best ending, but the ending where you finish the game with no money?

How is that possible? You get money just for completing a stage....

Wait...I forgot you can 'spend' money to replenish health. Holy crap, I think I need to try this.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This brings a tear to my eye as I thought me and my family were the only people to think so! My brother and I read them all as they were distributed drop by drop in Picsou Magazine. We were helped by one smarter kid who had a collection going and had issues from before his time as well.

What is all this nonsense about Riri, Fifi and Loulou, being named Kwak, Kwick in some languages? Shame; I actually do not know their names in English off the top of my head, meaning they are not as intuitive as the french ones.

I was introduced to the series by the game even though the books were popular. So I am clawed on my ceiling with with hype and joy :O

Huey, Dewey and Louie

Rifi, Fifi and Loulou sounds awful, at least Kwak, Kwick etc make sense (Kwack sounds like Quack!)
The best are Qui, Quo, Qua which is the italian name as a play on Here (italian for Qui), Where (Latin for Quo) and another way of saying Here in italian (Qua). Word play is 'cause Qui, Quo, Qua go for Qua-ck! And they're, you know, ducks.

Top Bottom