• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

If I can make one suggestion, at the end of each level there should be a ranking system and the high rank should be BRO. You are only hardcore if you BRO rank every level.:D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jocchan, do you use MSN/AIM? PM me your details. I'm talking to Mik on MSN right now.

MoFuzz

:lol

Holy shit at you guys for actually making this game from what was once just an obscure post in a completely unrelated thread.

Dude, I totally dig this project, bro.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TheOneGuy said:
Oh hey this thread was made.

I'll help.

Hey man, how is your sprite art? I would love to do the cutscenes in retro sprite art.

Twig

Banned
thetrin said:
Hey man, how is your sprite art? I would love to do the cutscenes in retro sprite art.
I'd still classify myself as a beginner. I don't know if I could handle something as big as a cutscene. :lol

I could certainly try though!
i can offer no guarantee i would get it done in a timely fashion, though ):

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
V_Ben said:
go figure
First three letters in my last name, better believe it.

I'm drawing up some ranking stuff, sorta like Devil May Cry's style meter only every rank has a bolded B. anyone have any suggestions for what the ranks should be called?

Brosome
Broseidon
Brogeddon
Brosaurus Rex
Broicidal
Brotastic
etc...

And the top one should be something like Straight Up Brolocaust Dawg.

thetrin

FunkyPajamas said:
Sign me up for programming as well, depends on what language/platform you guys have in mind, of course. :D

Unity3D. http://unity3d.com/

Show of hands: How do you guys feel about the game being browser based? Unity has a pretty powerful browser based dev side to it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thetrin, you have a PM.

TheOneGuy said:
I'd still classify myself as a beginner. I don't know if I could handle something as big as a cutscene. :lol
Lies, you're awesome!

V_Ben

Banned
thetrin said:

Show of hands: How do you guys feel about the game being browser based? Unity has a pretty powerful browser based dev side to it.

as long as the engine's powerful enough to handle the kind of liquid brawsome that will be pumping out of the speakers :-D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
TheOneGuy said:

I could certainly try though!
i can offer no guarantee i would get it done in a timely fashion, though ):

I don't think the cutscenes would be any more animated than, like, a Fire Emblem dialog segment or a Tales skit. They would be, like, full-screen still images with text below them and maybe voice-overs, and the images would change every 10 seconds or whatever.

thetrin said:

I'm okay with it. If we want to bring it to WiiWare/XBLA/PSN, we can work on porting it later somehow. Browser-based means it gets out to anyone with an Internet connection, which would be great.

Instead of a health bar Dudebro should have a "Buzz" meter. Dudebro must be inebriated at all times and can replenish his Buzz by picking up Natty Ice and Keystone's scattered throughout the level. If he reaches 0 buzz he is Buzz Killed, but if you pick up too many Nattys Dudebro will throw up and Party Foul.

Brobzoid said:
First three letters in my last name, better believe it.

I'm drawing up some ranking stuff, sorta like Devil May Cry's style meter only every rank has a bolded B. anyone have any suggestions for what the ranks should be called?

Brosome
Broseidon
Brogeddon
Brosaurus Rex
Broicidal
Brotastic
etc...

And the top one should be something like Straight Up Brolocaust Dawg.

Brofficially Broniacal?

I'm not very good at this :/

Edit: Hey, maybe the boxart could be called the "Brofficial Broxart"

Yesss, finally an official thread. It's really amazing how this thing has evolved from an Imagine Babiez witch hunt, but I fully support where it is going. I wish I could help, but I don’t have enough time :(

MoFuzz

ludwigDUDEBRODv2.gif

aww shit, Dudevig in the house.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh, because someone asked for it...

Updated version of The Story So Far, for those just jumping into the thread:

• Cuyahoga makes thread about Imagine: Babiez Fashion, posts one blurry pic and no impressions
  • Arpharmd B accuses Cuyahoga of being a pedophile
  • Cuyahoga asks Arpharmd B if he's a pedophile just because he isn't playing "Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time", a title he made up on the spot
  • A couple posters quote Cuyahoga's made-up title and note that it sounds like a fun game
  • A few photoshops of a theoretical Dudebro game appear
  • Jocchan and thetrin start taking it more seriously, writing scripts and sketching character designs
  • Mik2121 creates a 3D model of Dudebro in Zbrush
  • Danthrax sets up a Twitter account and buys www.dudebro2.com which redirects to a teaser site hosted on Jocchan's server
  • V_Ben emerges as the definitive voice actor for Dudebro and Dudebro's sidekick Chicken
  • Manos The Hands of Fate emerges as the project's IP lawyer
  • Various posters discuss the merits of bro-related puns
  • Everyone debates what genre and platform the game should be on
  • Thetrin creates an official Dudebro thread, revealing its presence to greater NeoGAF

And here we are.

Owensboro

Much like a Katamari, Dudebro will eventually get so big it absorbs the universe. I'm just glad I'm here to witness it's birth. Keep the ball rolling gentlemen!

Twig

Banned
Danthrax said:
I don't think the cutscenes would be any more animated than, like, a Fire Emblem dialog segment or a Tales skit. They would be, like, full-screen still images with text below them and maybe voice-overs, and the images would change every 10 seconds or whatever.
That's a good point.

I am willing to try! Once finals are over I will expend my energy on a practice cutscene of my own concoction and see how the final product looks!
MoFuzz said:
aww shit, Dudevig in the house.
Right on, bro.

*fistbump*

JDSN said:
I will gladly do they voices of weak ass minorities thats get their shit shoot/sliced.

Oh yeah, voice-overs. I would take a boss or two if everyone's fine with that. I can do some very ridiculous voices.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Future industrial design engineer here, I'd love to help out with...well anything, only problem is I'm more of an old school pen and paper guy :( maybe there is no room for me in this wacom photoshop XVII age of ours...

edit : also as I my tag suggest I'm a lowly orphan in need for some bromance and bresents during bromas

I'm a professional developer. I might be interested in helping, but it would be best if it was a web based game in the vein of the kingdom of loathing as my expertise lies in business apps and not graphics. :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thunder Monkey said:
Seriously, send me some concept art and I'll send you back some renders. If you just need someone on monsters/enemies I'll totally be there.

These are the boss designs Jocchan has come up with so far:

brahnson-jocchan.jpg

brollingstan-jocchan.jpg

We also don't have renders for the generic enemies, which will be at least brobots and zombies, but we have no concept art for them yet.

I request that Dudebro's nemesis, Shaquille Bro'neal, appears as a end-level boss. When defeating him, you finish him off by punching him in the asshole, causing his cock and both nuts to explode. Dudebro comments "3 pointer". End level.

Wow im glad dudebro came out of the darkness of that odd thread of genius (i would advise people to read it).

There NEEDS to be north koreans in this game, along with a villan with a british accent/ german accent/ nazis/ russians. Dudebro should also leave everywhere he enters a WORSE state team america stlye and be as blundering as captain quark (but with an even BIGGER chin). He should also light fires with the fiction of his beard :lol

True to form his biceps should bigger than his head.

Also, there is no chin under dudebro's beard only another fist,

Carlisle said:
Any preorder deals? Other than bragging rights for preordering the greatest game ever spun off a disc?
What car would Dudebro drive?
Maybe we could get some of the Forza 3 livery masters to knock something up for DLC gift or viral marketing?

An LBP level?
Art book? ( pdf of course )
A room for Home or an NXE theme?

Posters of Dudebro doing Bro things. The touchdown, dropping out of the sky onto the mech and the Aftermath images all spring to mind.

Manaka

Of all things (banning of the year, etc.), who thought this would be the result of the imagine babiez topic? :lol

GAF finally working together instead of members fighting each other, this project may change the world as we know it.
MegaBroaton indeed

EDIT: A fake beard would be an awesome preorder bonus.
Or a huge fucking gun

Danthrax said:
These are the boss designs Jocchan has come up with so far:

brahnson-jocchan.jpg

brollingstan-jocchan.jpg

We also don't have renders for the generic enemies, which will be at least brobots and zombies, but we have no concept art for them yet.
I'll be in class for a few hours, but I'll have at least one of them to show later tonight.

Jocchan's style isn't too far removed from mine.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I wonder if the Gaffers who didn't click on the Imagine:Babyz thread actually thought people were talking about that game. :lol

Top Bottom