• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
after viewing an email promoting Just Cause 2, perhaps this thing should be even MORE over the top...

V_Ben

Banned
how do you guys feel the game should sound? which would you prefer, slightly crushed bit-style or cleaner sounds. im prototyping over here :-D

Cheeto

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I'd love to use SDL to make this game open platform. And I'd much prefer 2D. If anything like that goes forward you can sign me up for some programming.
I could probably help with this too.

MNC

TheJollyCorner said:
I....... uh

kkcobraclap.gif
I'm the surprised one :lol

GET THIS GAME ON STEAM

GET THIS ON THE STEAMWORKS

AND I'LL FUCKING BUY IT

http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay this is the list I have so far of what people have volunteered to help with:

Design doc: thetrin; Jocchan
Writing: thetrin; DrAndronuts; bombshack
Concept art: Jocchan; LiK; Tyrant_Onion
Cover art: Jocchan
Promo art: Divvy
Programming: Somnid; TheOneGuy; Funky Pajamas; ScrabbleBanshee; AbortedWalrusFetus; Cheeto; zeouterlimits; Wormdundee; Alts; centracore
3D Modeling: Mik2121; Thunder Monkey
Sound design: V_Ben
Music: V_Ben; centracore; John
Sprite art: TheOneGuy
Voice actor (Dudebro, Chicken): V_Ben
Voice actor (unspecified part): JDSN; Monroeski; ZephyrFate; Scythesurge; Carolina-blue; scitek; Drkirby; Goron2000
Voice actor (Brolling Stan boss): cosmicblizzard
Voice actor (General Pesquali): BobFromPikeCreek
Voice actor (rapper for soundtrack): morningbus; soul creator
Voice actor (narrator?): Ca1amity
Marketing: Danthrax (Twitter); theusedversion (CafePress t-shirts, etc.); nskinnear; DrAndronuts; schuelma
Copy editing: Danthrax; schuelma
IP law: Manos The Hands of Fate; schuelma
Producer: Danthrax
Original title idea: Cuyahoga (<3 you bro)

BTW, yeah, I added myself under copy editing. I'd like to proofread every word that goes into the final product... I'm a professional copy editor, after all :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If you guys are interested in developing in Unity 3D (possibly web based, possibly iPhone), please send me a PM. Thanks!

MNC

Hey, the most credit should go to the user who rented Imaginez, come on. His name should be on the cover

"After an idea by C-somethingIforgothisname"

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Don't have much in the way of technical skills at this point, but I'd love to help out if I can. I guess add me to the list of voice actors?

Danthrax said:
Okay this is the list I have so far of what people have volunteered to help with:

Writing: thetrin
Design doc: thetrin; Jocchan
Concept art: Jocchan
Cover art: Jocchan
3D Modeling: Mik2121; Thunder Monkey
Sprite art: TheOneGuy
Voice actor (Dudebro, Chicken): V_Ben
Voice actor (random enemies?): JDSN
Voice actor (Brolling Stan boss): cosmicblizzard
Sound design: V_Ben
Marketing: Danthrax (Twitter); theusedversion (CafePress t-shirts, etc.)
Copy editing: Danthrax
Programming: Somnid; TheOneGuy; Funky Pajamas; ScrabbleBanshee; AbortedWalrusFetus; Cheeto; zeouterlimits
IP law: Manos The Hands of Fate

BTW, yeah, I added myself under copy editing. I'd like to proofread every word that goes into the final product... I'm a professional copy editor, after all :D

I can help with marketing materials. I've got my MBA in advertising, so I can help with whatever. Also, I can help write if thetrin needs any help. I've got a few screenplays written if you need references.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
This is straight up awesome. Pre'bro'rder +1.

And by that I mean I'll buy a copy in advance if it contributes to development.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm editing that post above as people continually step forward.

V_Ben said:
right, heres my first test of the game's menu theme. feel free to rip it apart, suggest improvements, and other miscellaneous stuff! i went for a heavy rock type thing. you know, typical BRO stuff!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lzhfjc4wynz

there you go!

Pretty cool. Duke Nukem-esque, which is kinda what we're going for. Needs a little catchier riff though... more of a theme, I think

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cheeto said:
So who's the unity guru?

We don't have one! WEEEE

As a toolset, it seems pretty powerful (and easy to use). I would love some feedback from programmers if they think it won't work.

V_Ben said:
right, heres my first test of the game's menu theme. feel free to rip it apart, suggest improvements, and other miscellaneous stuff! i went for a heavy rock type thing. you know, typical BRO stuff!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lzhfjc4wynz

there you go!

Can we go for a more epic sound, with more chiptune influence? I love the idea, though.

Penguin

Nice to see this game out in the open.

Remembered checking the Imaginez Baby thread at page 5 wondering how the hell it got so big.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Danthrax said:

I'd like to contribute somehow..I'm an attorney by trade so I realize its limited but I could help proof read the script or try and help with marketing or something.

Edit- I could help a bit with IP Law issues. Not my focus but I did some IP work for a firm a few summers ago.

I'll help with voice recordings. I'm pretty good at frat boy douchebag talk, considering that's a large percentage of my friends in college.

This is the best game ever. I will buy five copies.

Irish

In the Imagine thread, a possibly banned user called ultim8poo said (through someone else) he had something 3D up and running with weapons modeled and an environment or two. If one of you guys could see what that is about, he may be of some use to you.

I'm so pissed that I don't have a basic mic or something I could record clear audio with. I would have loved to have provided a voice for someone, but I can't. My crappy youtube videos made with a shitty camera are all I have.

RAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

(After Pesquale gives his final monologue, DudeBro just has to say, "Cool story, bro, but I don't give a damn.)

Sounds great V_Ben...

But I just had an idea....

G.A.M.E. absolutely HAVE to make some songs for the game. Their last couple releases have pretty much put them into pro level (imo), and they got so many various styles down, that they can be great resource for the soundtrack!

Somebody page Monchi-kun asap!!

Another professional programmer here willing to help out with it. I haven't used unity before so I'll definitely be checking it out later today.

thetrin said:
We don't have one! WEEEE

As a toolset, it seems pretty powerful (and easy to use). I would love some feedback from programmers if they think it won't work.

Can we go for a more epic sound, with more chiptune influence? I love the idea, though.

I'm not really familiar with Unity. I have basic experience with SDL and XNA, and that's about it. My thoughts are, if this is going to be web-based, use an established web-based platform (Java, Flash, Silverlight). Java is really the only one of those three that supports 3D well. Unity is pretty much the only other browser based technology for 3D gaming. Any of them can be used for 2D. SDL could be used for WiiWare, PSN, and any PC platform, but I'm not so sure of its compatibility with Xbox 360 or mobile technologies. XNA can of course be used with 360 and PCs.

Tim-E

I think browser-based would be excellent, considering how far browser-based games have come in the past few years.

Also, GAF is a good place to get together and get ideas, but maybe something like Basecamp would be useful for those already working on the project so you guys don't have to sort through random post after post to communicate with one another. Anytime anyone wants to hop onto the project, create an account for them. I think it's pretty nice for organizing a project like this.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thetrin, that guy on Twitter named o0ultimate0o sent you and TheRealDudebro tweets about his 2D shooter engine, saying we could have a game running on it in a few weeks. I don't know if you guys want to think about that. He said he made it with GM7 (I don't know what that means though).

[edit] the problem is that he said he won't be able to work on it until January. I don't know if we want to wait that long or what.

Tim-E said:
I think browser-based would be excellent, considering how far browser-based games have come in the past few years.

Also, GAF is a good place to get together and get ideas, but maybe something like Basecamp would be useful for those already working on the project so you guys don't have to sort through random post after post to communicate with one another. Anytime anyone wants to hop onto the project, create an account for them. I think it's pretty nice for organizing a project like this.

I was thinking Google Wave would be a nice collaboration tool for it :D

Alts

I may be able to help with programming. I've never done anything with Unity, but I'll look into that now.

Tim-E

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I was thinking Google Wave would be a nice collaboration tool for it :D

Wave would also work really well. Maybe we can set up a Google Groups (Which work through Wave) for the project and give Wave invites to anyone who wants in who doesn't have it?

I can probably provide some voice acting if you need it. Not really sure what else I can do, but I'd love to volunteer for this project!

I take issue with the bad guys having bro in their names.

They aren't bros, they should be the completel opposite of dudes and bros.

Unless u have a rip off mario and luigi tag team boss. They can be bros, but evil bros.

Kccitystar

I want to help with writing, I am an english major if that helps :lol

The main character's name is Dudebro, or are you guys planning to flesh it out and let that be his nickname or something?

Tim-E said:
Wave would also work really well. Maybe we can set up a Google Groups (Which work through Wave) for the project and give Wave invites to anyone who wants in who doesn't have it?
Yup, and Google Docs would be perfect for organising people, having shared lists of what has to be done etc.

Top Bottom