• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever new Screenshots

celebi23

I still can't believe this is ACTUALLY coming out. Oh & here's the RUMORED "Balls of Steel" edition

17566118224088181347411.jpg

It obviously doesn't look like a legit picture, most likely a mock-up of what this will contain. I mean, I don't remember seeing any clear images of those Duke pics at PAX. Would buy this in a heartbeat though.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I miss that "classic" style of FPS design, Wolf3D and DOOM were pretty essential games in my childhood and there's not really anything like that in the FPS genre in the modern day, so the whole "throwback" with this game should be interesting. I prefer when games don't take themselves too seriously either.

Also, I'm almost ashamed to admit but I never played Duke 3D (only the 2D ones)... how does the 360 XBLA version hold up? Keep in mind I frequently play old games for the first time regardless of the date (currently playing Vagrant Story from 2000).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Shambles said:
What's it called when someon starts inventing an opposition group in order to have something to fight against in order to make their own position seem more legitimate?
Gaming forums?

djtiesto said:
Also, I'm almost ashamed to admit but I never played Duke 3D (only the 2D ones)... how does the 360 XBLA version hold up? Keep in mind I frequently play old games for the first time regardless of the date (currently playing Vagrant Story from 2000).

The 360 from what I played was a good port the problem With Duke 3d is its first few levels are gold then it becomes pretty shitty.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
The 360 from what I played was a good port the problem With Duke 3d is its first few levels are gold then it becomes pretty shitty.

You are a terrible human being. I bet you hate kittens too.

MDSLKTR

The latest OXM has a preview of the multiplayer:

-DukeMatch, Team DukeMatch, Capture the babe and King of the Hill with xp unlocks (should be only visual unlocks)
-Jetpacks are in!
-You can fire weapons while shrinked.
-Mutators.
-10 maps including Duke burger, a throw back to old Sin-style miniaturized maps.

This game is mine. Day 1. And I'm buying it purly because I've been waiting over a decade for it to launch and the fact it's real and is now coming out secures my purchase.

Well, that and the fact that Duke Nukem 3d rocked my world back in the day!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
a duke bust?? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Tacitus_

Ah fuck, the PC CE is sold out everywhere. Someone posted on Amazon forums that there's only 2k boxes total of it :|

Dyno

Xater said:
That sounds very barbones in todays FPS market.

We're not even supposed to have this game! I understand if you think the game is not good enough earn your money - a case can be made. But don't nitpick this game, it's disrespectful and in poor taste to talk shit about the dead.

Tacitus_ said:
Ah fuck, the PC CE is sold out everywhere. Someone posted on Amazon forums that there's only 2k boxes total of it :|

In typical oversell fashion, GameStop Canada is still taking orders on all versions of the CE.

Dyno

disappeared said:
I wonder if a Making Of DVD is in the works? The history behind this game is the stuff of legends.

Unfortunately we won't see the epic meltdowns that took place in their office. All that shit took place before the 'record everything' world we live in now.

Pity.

MDSLKTR said:
The latest OXM has a preview of the multiplayer:

-DukeMatch, Team DukeMatch, Capture the babe and King of the Hill with xp unlocks (should be only visual unlocks)
-Jetpacks are in!
-You can fire weapons while shrinked.
-Mutators.
-10 maps including Duke burger, a throw back to old Sin-style miniaturized maps.
Tell me: will there be Duke-bots?

If so, GOTY confirmed.

Xater said:
That sounds very barbones in todays FPS market.
Really? Really?

Thoraxes

I'm just glad they didn't change the gameplay (so it seems from the impressions) to match what shooters are like today. I'm really glad they seem to be staying true to Duke, and it's honestly a better game for it. After having waited so long for this, i'm really happy it's finally coming out.

Also, who cares about the graphics if the game plays well and is fun? Sure I have a super-rad PC, and am disappointed that Crysis 2 won't be a benchmark, but not every game has to push my computer, especially if they seem like they'll be really fun like DNF.

Tacitus_

TheNiX said:
In typical oversell fashion, GameStop Canada is still taking orders on all versions of the CE.

Well I'm in Finland so we propably get maybe like 10 boxes if that 2k figure is true :|

Found a few shops that still accept preorders for it though... gotta call them tomorrow and ask whether this is accurate.

Nocebo

I can't wait to get access to the demo 5 minutes sooner than the rest of the world through my special duke club membership thing. :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Tacitus_ said:
A Limited Edition that for once is actually limited, YEY!

I pre-ordered my PC Balls of Steel edition from HMV for £40. All I have to hope now is that HMV don't go out of business between now and May (Which, alas is a possibility it seems!) and I'm golden.

I honestly can't wait, awesome CE aside, this is a slice of gaming history, and as long as the game is passable, £40 is more than worth paying for it.

Tacitus_

Stop It said:
A Limited Edition that for once is actually limited, YEY!

I pre-ordered my PC Balls of Steel edition from HMV for £40. All I have to hope now is that HMV don't go out of business between now and May (Which, alas is a possibility it seems!) and I'm golden.

I honestly can't wait, awesome CE aside, this is a slice of gaming history, and as long as the game is passable, £40 is more than worth paying for it.

Not Yay if I can't preorder one two months before the launch :|

BuddyC

Tacitus_ said:
Well I'm in Finland so we propably get maybe like 10 boxes if that 2k figure is true :|

Found a few shops that still accept preorders for it though... gotta call them tomorrow and ask whether this is accurate.

That figure isn't true, that number was pulled from has an image with a "Art not final" disclaimer on it. The specifics of the print run haven't been announced, but there will be more than 2000.

Tacitus_

BuddyC said:
That figure isn't true, that number was pulled from has an image with a "Art not final" disclaimer on it. The specifics of the print run haven't been announced, but there will be more than 2000.

Thank the FSM!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Xater said:
Yes, really! Fucking UT 2k4 has this beat.
UT is series whose entire focus is multiplayer.. I'd rather have a few very focused and time-tested modes than a bunch of superfluous shit no one will ever play.

I expect no one to play this the moment the next new thing comes out.
On consoles perhaps. The peasants have the attention span of gnats.

Its funny that the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition is a nearly exact replica of the Witcher 2 Collectors Edition. Geralt bust, I present you Duke bust.

the-witcher-2-special-collectors-edition-screenshot-small.jpg

Emitan

I don't want the CE because some of that stuff would just take up way too much space (a bust? honestly?), but at the same time, it's Duke Nukem Forever! I want to own the biggest, baddest version of it I can.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Its funny that the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition is a nearly exact replica of the Witcher 2 Collectors Edition. Geralt bust, I present you Duke bust.

the-witcher-2-special-collectors-edition-screenshot-small.jpg
I'm going to buy them both and make them make out.

Top Bottom