• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkey's Best of 2018

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
100 hours in Gungeon? That's cute.

He has great taste. Glad he gave ups to Zero Ranger and Monolith, which pretty much no one else is going to acknowledge outside of the shmup community.

GamesAreFun

Banned
Half of these games aren't from 2018. Dunkey always has interesting taste, though surprised to see Uncharted 4 and God of War make the list, I thought he disliked cinematic games.

Last edited:

Dunki

Half of these games aren't from 2018. Dunkey always has interesting taste, though surprised to see Uncharted 4 and God of War make the list, I thought he disliked cinematic games.
It the games he played or even replayed. At first he had a very decent Opinion of Uncharted 4 and gave it a 3/5 I believe. The same thing did happen with the Last of US too. And for God of War especially because he does not like these kind of games it speaks for the quality of the game. He once did a video about game critics in which he mentioned how much of a praise it can be when someone who hates a certain genre or game style like turn based Combat. And suddendly really likes a game with these traits than it must be really good.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I find most his stuff pretty funny but his Octopath video was painful to watch. It was like he never played Videos games before. I guess he was acting like this to be funny but to me it was painful. He should never bother playing JRPG.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I find most his stuff pretty funny but his Octopath video was painful to watch. It was like he never played Videos games before. I guess he was acting like this to be funny but to me it was painful. He should never bother playing JRPG.
i know you like octopath but that game was pretty painful even for a snes rpg veteran like me

Codes 208

His quip about smash was brilliant lol. He also makes a good point on dkctf vs nsmbud (the former has a ton of variety put into each level and has had the effort put it into the game itself, despite it being a barebones port. Nsmbud however is a plastic looking barebones game with same music, little variety and repeating map aesthetic.)

I get a kick out of his stuff.
Not a fan of this guy's type of humor
Neogaf.gif

Codes 208

And as a list with mainly indies, I actually liked how MHW was on his list. I’m hoping for a sequel near the launch window of next gen.

-MD-

i know you like octopath but that game was pretty painful even for a snes rpg veteran like me

Painful in what way? I hate motion controls but I ended up loving Splatoon 2.

edit: why did i read octopath as splatoon? musta been the 'octo'

Last edited:

Spukc

Painful in what way? I hate motion controls but I ended up loving Splatoon 2.
the 16 year old that was in charge of the shit filter they put on top of the perfectly fine spritework. instagram has beter filters

legit the game looks horrible

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Glad to see Castlevania Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon get a solid mention. The game was surprisingly great for a budget title.

Spukc

I highly disagree. The game looked gorgeous, especially in motion.
it would minus all the extra crap like i said before i am a huge snobby 16 bit connoisseur . pvm frame meister rgb scart modding legacy hardware etc.

octopath is a huge waste of good sprite work

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
it would minus all the extra crap like i said before i am a huge snobby 16 bit connoisseur . pvm frame meister rgb scart modding legacy hardware etc.

octopath is a huge waste of good sprite work
I guess too bad you didn’t like it. But I god damn LOVED it, both 2D artwork, the sprites and the graphical effects.

Top Bottom