• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durango/XBox720 devkit on eBay by DAE

rdrr gnr

It just seems like shenanigans to me, but oh well. I'd like to finally see some concrete leaks about specs for next gen.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Where are guys seeing this 11,000
Its still 405 on my ebay account.

Yeah, these were retracted. Seems like people having fun...

QXw9M.png

sakipon

Since when you can you retract bids on eBay?
It's been possible for years. I was pretty annoyed seeing it the first time. I had made a high bid. Someone made several bids until they outbid me. Then they retracted them all claiming they did a mistake.

Iceblade

It's been possible for years. I was pretty annoyed seeing it the first time. I had made a high bid. Someone made several bids until they outbid me. Then they retracted them all claiming they did a mistake.

Huh. How do you do it/what's the criteria?

Trickster

That sounds really stupid. Removes any risk involved with trying to jack up the auction price.

FyreWulff

I wouldn't be surprised if all these early dev kits are property of Microsoft. They send them out, serialized and asset tagged, basically 'on loan' to their partners.

Microsoft essentially owns all dev kits out there. For dead consoles they stop caring, though.

Even if this is legit it's MS's property, and he won't be able to sell it.

manzo

DaE is either mental or then he's the ultimate troll; if MS removes the auction, we know for real that it IS a real devkit.

The guy will get in trouble. The kits are MS' property. I'm 100% sure selling one will lead to prosecution.

Either he's a programmer looking to get out of the business with a bang or then just a plain idiot who stole the kit from somewhere.

Choc

Banned
DaE is either mental or then he's the ultimate troll; if MS removes the auction, we know for real that it IS a real devkit.

The guy will get in trouble. The kits are MS' property. I'm 100% sure selling one will lead to prosecution.

Either he's a programmer looking to get out of the business with a bang or then just a plain idiot who stole the kit from somewhere.

this is why he did it. I am almost certain. He is not insane.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's probably a box with an old pentium and riva tnt in it.

I mean seriously though, he can put a dev kit up on ebay, but can't detail the specs of the thing?

mik83kuu

Banned
This guy is actually doing the gaming community a huge favor with this. If it gets pulled everything he says will be validated by Microsoft's actions. Therefore he is actually validating all the rumors he's been passing on :)

manzo

This guy is actually doing the gaming community a huge favor with this. If it gets pulled everything he says will be validated by Microsoft's actions. Therefore he is actually validating all the rumors he's been passing on :)

If he would only open the sidepanel and take a picture of the graphics card...

Triple U

Banned

I think he's just trolling.

I mean we have a pretty good confirmation from DF.

This. He doesnt even need to sell the thang, all eyes are set on MS on this one.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If it's the same guy, he's at least given some details.

Those are broad strokes. I mean details-details. What kind of intel core. What kind of memory, bandwidth. What kind of GPU, the core configuration on there etc. etc. How much memory exactly vs 'more than 8GB'. I mean the guy clearly doesn't have an issue making big risks and being indiscrete - if this is true - so why not get down to the nitty-gritty?

I can´t wait for the seller to remove the item and GAF believing: "MS TOOK IT DOWN! ITS REAL CONFIRMED!!!"

Quite the elaborated hoax!

DaE seems to live in Australia full time. note some of his tweets, and i also recall that from studying his post history on assembler forums.

but he also recently was traveling across Europe apparently.

point being the whole north carolina connection could be bullshit.

this guy sure is annoying.

Triple U

Banned
DaE seems to live in Australia full time. note some of his tweets, and i also recall that from studying his post history on assembler forums.

He's stringing the entire internet along his fishing line.

The Shift

Banned
This machine could be from one of the Flextronics facilities in the US that was rumored to be manufacturing Durango dev kits.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-04-microsoft-begins-manufacturing-the-next-xbox-rumor

Is that twitter location anywhere near these offices?

Flextronics United States operations are located in Milpitas, Morgan Hill and San Carlos, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Austin, Dallas, Houston and Irving, Texas; Louisville, Kentucky; Northfield, Minnesota; Memphis, Tennessee; Atlanta, Georgia; Asheville, Raleigh, Charlotte and Creedmoor, North Carolina; and Columbia, South Carolina.

edit - that looks sus

eso76

dunno.
If/when it's pulled, will we know it was microsoft and not him ?
And couldn't microsoft be interested in stopping him even if it's just a hoax ?

He will take it down at some point so it appears that MS took it down so he has some validation for his FAKE.

And people will fall for it!

So what has DAE said about the performance of this devkit?
Has he stated whether it's a beast or not?

both lol.

he told me the gpu was closer to a 7770 than a 7850.

he said in tweet reply it's not as good as an i7-gtx 680 rig.

but yet he also said in tweet reply that it's a powerful gaming pc, or something like that.

so, yeah.

gsx302

Why isnt anyone smart enough to realize he built it to ms specs and got the xdk? He didn't have to get the whole kit from ms.

Marco1

both lol.

he told me the gpu was closer to a 7770 than a 7850.

he said in tweet reply it's not as good as an i7-gtx 680 rig.

but yet he also said in tweet reply that it's a powerful gaming pc, or something like that.

so, yeah.

Now I hope he's legit but that would make a great next-gen console.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why isnt anyone smart enough to realize he built it to ms specs and got the xdk? He didn't have to get the whole kit from ms.

Im too stupid to understand what you are saying.
Could you rephrase that in layman's terms

brogan

Neo Member
This really is intriguing. It's hard to imagine where/how he would have got a hold of a genuine dev kit. I'm pretty sure if one went missing it would be noticed?

Also, if legit, I don't understand why he'd put it on ebay. Surely that's asking for trouble?

soultron

Banned
Nice job breaking NDAs, brew!

Have fun when MS comes to collect. Assuming this is real, of course.

I would say that even replicating the build (by sourcing similarly spec'd parts) and passing it off as a dev kit would be dangerous. Even moreso if he managed to yank the XDK, like you mentioned.

Top Bottom