• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PS4

jwk94

“Hello, internet-people! I’m Fidget, co-star of Dust: An Elysian Tail. As you can see in the photograph displayed above, taken moments ago in a candid fashion, I’m playing the game with a DualShock 4! That’s no Photoshop job, that’s the real deal! Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PlayStation 4 REALLY REALLY SOON! I KNOW! It’s crazy! Crazy like a nimbat!

“Now, if you can, imagine all this awesomeness is hand-drawn like an old animated movie from the ’80s and ’90s, but with art at crazy high resomolutions! Like, 1080p! People tell me that’s pretty darn good! Also, 60fps. I’m guessing that’s some sort of speed? Like, the speed of awesome? I don’t know much about these things, though. I mean, look at my hands! I’m not plugging anything into expensive TVs with these ham-hocks.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ming-soon-ps4/?emcid=social_20140828_30638886

So how is this game? If I wasn't a fan of Muramasa would I enjoy this?

Bloodrage

Banned
WTF

Edit: Awwwww

15053685652_9212ce8386_o.jpg

720p screens

15054049745_6240191b06_o.jpg

15054050415_e4ec88080f_o.jpg

15031046616_bb6c249346_o.jpg

14867313179_e8f49814d9_o.jpg

14867379460_fee7c30dc5_o.jpg

jbug617

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/28/dust-an-elysian-tail-coming-to-ps4/#sf4389933

“Hello, Internet-People! I’m Fidget, co-star of Dust: An Elysian Tail. As you can see in the photograph displayed above, taken moments ago in a candid fashion, I’m playing the game with a DualShock 4! That’s no Photoshop job, that’s the real deal! Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PlayStation 4 REALLY REALLY SOON! I KNOW! It’s crazy! Crazy like a nimbat!

“So, what is Dust: An Elysian Tail? I’m glad you asked, this being an announcement post about it and all!

“Imagine a 2D side-scrolling platformer, with crazy-fast swordplay and screen-clearing MAGIC supplied by yours truly. There are power-ups! Special abilities! Hidden passages! A whole world of STUFF to find! Main quests! Side quests! We’ve even got a quest where you can choose to put poison ivy into some jerk’s laundry! I KNOW! It’s magical! Let’s poison his laundry TOGETHER!

“Now, if you can, imagine all this awesomeness is hand-drawn like an old animated movie from the 80’s and 90’s, but with art at crazy high resomolutions! Like, 1080p! People tell me that’s pretty darn good! Also, 60fps. I’m guessing that’s some sort of speed? Like, the speed of awesome? I don’t know much about these things, though. I mean, look at my hands! I’m not plugging anything into expensive TVs with these ham-hocks.”

bigkrev

Surprised it wasn't also announced for Vita (the other games announced today all are). Also surprised it went on the EU site before the US site.

Really soon= this year?

SeanTSC

Man, didn't see this coming. I loved the game on my X360. Was a fairly interesting Metroidvania-lite-ish game with some neat combat.

Hope people give it a shot.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
“Now, if you can, imagine all this awesomeness is hand-drawn like an old animated movie from the ’80s and ’90s, but with art at crazy high resomolutions! Like, 1080p! People tell me that’s pretty darn good! Also, 60fps. I’m guessing that’s some sort of speed? Like, the speed of awesome? I don’t know much about these things, though. I mean, look at my hands! I’m not plugging anything into expensive TVs with these ham-hocks.

I feel like they're trying a little TOO hard with this. I dunno.

wow! that's awesome! everyone should really play this gem. i read that all the art and programming was done by one guy?....

the art was good on 360, and the story was touching. combat got really good once you got more abilities.

the only thing that grated on me was the annoying high-pitched voice of your sidekick (i forget her name now....)

Did they rework the art or is it the same art just at 1080p? If so then no reason for me since I played it on PC at higher than 1080p. =

tauke

This is a surprise to me. Still haven't beat it on PC but I'm happy it is available on more platform.

More power to Noogy!

Eusis

Nice.

. . . Though I find it funny that I only just now noticed it's a Microsoft Studios published game on PC while looking at the Steam sale. Was thinking that might have undermined coming to PS, but I overestimated how much that mattered I guess.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Great news! I have this on PC, but it's obviously in my Steam backlog.

And here comes the furryphobe brigade.

Amazing graphics, but did anyone find the stat balancing to be way off? I had like a +10 strength for a while then got an item that gave like... +200, and I became too powerful. Anyone else run into that?

Tucah

you speak so well
Cool, I'd probably pick it up again if it's free on PS+ or cheap during a sale. Gameplay is fantastic even if the artstyle is awful.

Bisonian

Man Sony is having a huge day with announced games today between this and the Nidhogg online ports, and Salt & Sanctuary, and Alone With You. Really great to see.

Finished it not long ago, and really enjoyed it.

Congrats to PS4 owners! If it ever comes to Xbox One I'll definately doble dip.

Top Bottom