• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail creator's new game is Never Stop Sneakin' (Switch)

Mikey Jr.

Haha, that is pretty damn hilarious. Good job nailing the MGS 1 look.

Having said that, not interested. Don't have a Switch, and it doesn't look very interesting really from a gameplay standpoint, probably wouldn't buy on PS4 either.

Also, I think I had my hopes WAY too high for Dust 2.

Battlechili

Banned
This looks really mediocre. ;_;
When I saw that a new title from Dodrill was coming out I thought this was going to be something in the same universe or that we'd hear news of that Elysian Tail movie he was working on.

This is.....eh. Gameplay looks easy. Music isn't as good as Dust's. Art isn't as pretty as Dust's. Animations are terrible. The comedy is...okay I guess.

Noogy

Thanks everyone! I knew the style and aesthetics would be either a hit or miss for a lot of people, but that was also true of Dust. It's been fun to create something totally different though, and I hope those of you who pick it up enjoy it!

Right now it's debuting on Switch, but as proven with Dust I'm not married to any one platform. These things just take time with a core team of one.

Wildo09

Finally I've been dying for a game in the N64/PS1 polygonal style, and the best part is no furries! This definitely looks interesting.

EDarkness

Thanks everyone! I knew the style and aesthetics would be either a hit or miss for a lot of people, but that was also true of Dust. It's been fun to create something totally different though, and I hope those of you who pick it up enjoy it!

Right now it's debuting on Switch, but as proven with Dust I'm not married to any one platform. These things just take time with a core team of one.

Did all that by yourself? Heh, well done, man.

Kudos on being driven to make something entirely different and seeing it through. You've got my sale, man. Just tell me there's an extended version of the song?

Gala

Just wow! This looks amazing and I'm really curious to find out more about it. Especially about progression.

Mikey Jr.

Congrats! Hope it does well for you.

Just a general question, just curious, why did you decide not to do Dust 2 for your next game? Any particular reason? Just wanted to do something new?

As an aside, I love Dust 1. One of the best indie games I played on PS4. Every few months I would check in on the status of Dust, just to see if there was even a hint of another one.

Eh, I get that it's an MGS parody but it still looks ugly and not like something I'd actually want to buy.

This guy seems good at that seeing I was completely put off by Dust's character designs no matter how good it supposedly is.

RRockman

Banned

Day one sir. Day one.

Sapientas

Game looks great. Definitely getting it day one.

Mr. Tibbs

Congratulations on the reveal. Your game looks delightful. :)

ZeroX03

Banned
Looks funny but Jesus this developer has no eye for art direction at all. Hard to get into a good game if it’s painful to look at.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Glad to see him back at it -- wasn't sure if Noogy was going to stick around in game development, but I'm glad he is. Dude knows how to make cool stuff.

Dudes wanted to make a completely different game. I dig it and this looks great to me.

So when's the call for Dust porting to Switch also.

Gameplay doesn't look very sneaky. The option to play that way may be there, but it doesn't look like the focus of the level design. Its sense of humor is on point, though. I'll be keeping tabs on this one.

EhoaVash

Haha, that is pretty damn hilarious. Good job nailing the MGS 1 look.

Having said that, not interested. Don't have a Switch, and it doesn't look very interesting really from a gameplay standpoint, probably wouldn't buy on PS4 either.

Also, I think I had my hopes WAY too high for Dust 2.

Huh no switch? didn't you just that make that horizon vs botw thread where you said switch has no games you're interested in and you plan on getting rid of it? ;d

Noogy

Congrats! Hope it does well for you.

Just a general question, just curious, why did you decide not to do Dust 2 for your next game? Any particular reason? Just wanted to do something new?

As an aside, I love Dust 1. One of the best indie games I played on PS4. Every few months I would check in on the status of Dust, just to see if there was even a hint of another one.

Many thanks. Don't worry, I'll be returning to Dust someday. The first one took me 3 and a half years, and two years worth of support/ports. So I just needed to do something completely different. But trust me, I'm not done with that world.

NSS is a smaller, more experimental. Just what I needed.

Vamphuntr

Dusk was a gorgeous game this looks not so pretty but I guess this is on purpose because it tries to look like MGS. Not sold on it.

Hexagon!

Really digging how the cutscenes look, but wish it looked more like a PSX game during the actual gameplay. The bright reds, blues, yellows, and greens don't mesh well IMO.

uPb26JY.png

n128

I cant accept the graphics at all,
it really reminds me of ps/saturn era.
first impression is already no for me.

Shahadan

This is probably one of the ugliest and most visually unappealing games I've ever seen
and I'm not even talking about the faux-mgs polygonal/pixellated stuff, which I like (those who haven't played that won't though), but the ugly neon colors coupled with the ugly metallic stuff, bleh...that's like the classic combo for a ticket to the bomba bin

No offense intended obviously, just going to be honest. Dust wasn't my cup of tea visually but it was always going to appeal to a rather large number of people, with or without furries, but this will definitely be the opposite.

I'll probably buy it though. Kudos for doing something different and not simply Dust 2, and it's a really cool idea to boot. Hope it plays well.
Bonus points for vice president helicopter

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Congrats on the announcement Noogy! Wishing you tons of success. Not my kind of style of game I like to play but I'm sure as hell buying it day one. :)

Nose Master

I suddenly realized why people don't go for the ps1/ps2 era when going retro.

I feel like the joke of this game has already come and gone with the one trailer. Which is "remember MGS?"

Top Bottom