• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham 'Fast and Furious' Spinoff Gets 2019 Release

Sygma

Spin off was announced back when FF 5 released so ... what's the deal ? good that it finally is going on

Is this sarcasm?

Vin Diesel's filmography from 2009 onwards:
f0bee73c83.PNG

The Rock's filmography from 2009 onwards:
86f51563b1.PNG

Also I like how you put down Saving Private Ryan as an "action franchise". Unless my sarcasm detector is genuinely broken.

I mean, if for whatever reason you have to restrict it specifically to that time period the Rock did make more movies than Vin, but according to those lists Vin made better movies on average. Vin is like a B- action star and Rock is a C++ action star and the extra + is for all the effort he puts in. Also Vin has a magnetic screen presence and various things on the side like breakdancing and video games. Also Vin Diesel doesn't even have time to do Fast Furious spinoffs because he isn't phoning in his appearances in the mainline films like Rock.

I mean, if for whatever reason you have to restrict it specifically to that time period.
2009 until now is a pretty relevant period of time. Moreso than trying to act as if a movie that Vin Diesel did in 1998 is in any way relevant to the topic at hand.
but according to those lists Vin made better movies on average. Vin is like a B- action star and Rock is a C++ action star and the extra + is for all the effort he puts in. Also Vin has a magnetic screen presence and various things on the side like breakdancing and video games. Also Vin Diesel doesn't even have time to do Fast Furious spinoffs because he isn't phoning in his appearances in the mainline films like Rock.
Yeah, at this point, your post comes across as satire. Well done. Anyone who claims that Vin Diesel doesn't phone it in, well, I can't really take them too seriously.

daviyoung

Banned
Downplaying what they have achieved with the IP in the last coupe years seems weird to me. They deserve their payout... If whatever The Rock and Statham are cooking has negative impact on the success of the main series I would be pissed too.

Then again it's not like any of them will be starving anytime soon.

They didn't get paid for their films?! Should probably sue.

The actors got their payout, if it was up to them what happens to the franchise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

They're pissed because they feel like the own something they don't, and are owed something they're not.

2009 until now is a pretty relevant period of time. Moreso than trying to act as if a movie that Vin Diesel did in 1998 is in any way relevant to the topic at hand.

Yeah, at this point, your post comes across as satire. Well done. Anyone who claims that Vin Diesel doesn't phone it in, well, I can't really take them too seriously.

2006_find_me_guilty_011.jpg

He grew hair for Find Me Guilty and almost permanently derailed his career because it was so hard to see him as an Adonis again after we saw him looking like Paulie from Sopranos. Vin Diesel is a serious actor who has been slumming it in action franchises, like Tom Cruise. Rock is a wrestler who can kind of act in very limited roles, like John Cena.

He grew hair for Find Me Guilty and almost permanently derailed his career because it was so hard to see him as an Adonis again after we saw him looking like Paulie from Sopranos. Vin Diesel is a serious actor who has been slumming it in action franchises, like Tom Cruise. Rock is a wrestler who can kind of act in very limited roles, like John Cena.

This one gives it away man, sorry.

The cool thing about Fast Furious spinoffs is that there are less actors and they can all fit in one car. Usually it's everyone in their own car racing each other because they are Family and they are very competitive with each other, but there could be one where Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gal Gadot, and Ludacris go on a road trip and drive slowly and just get to know each other.

This one gives it away man, sorry.

All it gives away is that I'm a Vin Diesel superfan who bothered to watch and remember Find Me Guilty.

I saw The Pacifier in the theater God's honest truth.

Tyrese is serving Nikki Blonsky realness right now. Pretty soon it's gonna be "Hey The Rock, it's Tyrese Gibson from the movies 2 Fast 2 Furious and Ride Along 2, LOVE ur new spinoff, got a part 4 me??"

ViciousDS

Banned
I think tyrese ain't faking being mad

that's fine

Tyrese has been boring as fuck since like 6.....its funny because 5 was the first movie the rock was in and it was the last time I even found Tyrese's character to be halfway enjoyable.

Maybe these spin offs will have better writing since Vin probably won't have anything to do with them production wise

Blader

Shaw still killed Han right?

Did he just say oopsie and get a hug from the family?

ha, I don't think he even did that!

Tyrese is serving Nikki Blonsky realness right now. Pretty soon it's gonna be "Hey The Rock, it's Tyrese Gibson from the movies 2 Fast 2 Furious and Ride Along 2, LOVE ur new spinoff, got a part 4 me??"

lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ4Yd2rneFG/?hl=en&taken-by=tyrese

Na, he said he were offered a Roman/Tej movie but he decline.

Wasn't 2F2F already a Roman/Tej movie?

LOL

That aint his hair

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30973-1381335545-30.gif

SRG01

All it gives away is that I'm a Vin Diesel superfan who bothered to watch and remember Find Me Guilty.

I saw The Pacifier in the theater God's honest truth.

The problem with Diesel's career is that no one watches his dramatic films. He's already proven himself to be a good actor, but knows that they don't bring in the money.

It's like Adam Sandler or even Michael Caine: pop-culture, mainstream films pay way more than arthouse films. No one ever got rich from winning an Oscar.

MechaX

Do not worry, they will address this in F&F9 when they bring Han back. This is why Justin Lin is rumored to come back to do it.

I will put money on Statham being like "lol I didn't kill him, it was a ruse all along, we have been secretly working together for years"

Cyborg Han is still possible though

I was referring to modern Vin Diesel, not 11 Years Ago Vin Diesel. You specifically said that he doesn't phone in his performances in the Fast films. All you have to do is compare the performances between Rock and Diesel in them. RLM summed it up pretty well. The Rock should be the star of these films, not Diesel, who has no likeability/charm.

I will put money on Statham being like "lol I didn't kill him, it was a ruse all along, we have been secretly working together for years"

Cyborg Han is still possible though

Statham actually saved Han by helping him fake his death so DK would stop chasing him.

JWiLL

Banned
Whoa Shane Black rumored? I'm in! Guy is the master of action comedy.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is still one of my all time favorites.

Rock on this project,

My goal from day 1 was to come in and create an exciting/fun character for the fans, elevate the franchise and build it out. #HobbsShaw2019

Tyrese: I feel bad for you.
Rock: I don’t think about you at all.

Top Bottom