• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham 'Fast and Furious' Spinoff Gets 2019 Release

Prompto

Banned
With Fast 9 moved back to 2020, Universal is now officially putting the project on the calendar, dating it for a July 26, 2019, opening.

Chris Morgan, who has shepherded the script chores since 2006's Toyko Drift, is now writing the spinoff that will focus on Luke Hobbs, the Diplomatic Security Service agent played by Johnson, and Deckard Shaw, an assassin character who was one of the primary bad guys in the franchise before being redeemed and joining the motley crew of antiheroes that make up the roll call.

Meanwhile, sources say that one reason for Fast 9's push was to accommodate potential director scheduling. Sources also say Justin Lin may be lining up to return to the franchise and is the top man to helm the core entry of Fast 9.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnson-jason-statham-fast-furious-spin-gets-2019-release-1046326

Message Tyrese on Instagram if old

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Someone check on Vin Diesel.

Zzgjwoj.png

My children need wine!

Santiako

I hate that they are all cool with him murdering Han :/ It kinda ruined fast 8 (even though statham was the best part of the film).

Maddocks

The family is dead, bury it.

But if I'm being honest Paul was the heart of the series and without him you can seriously see it lacks that, so I rather have a rock and jason movie that is fun and silly vs vin mumbling about family.

robotrock

Banned
I hate that they are all cool with him murdering Han :/ It kinda ruined fast 8 (even though statham was the best part of the film).

Do not worry, they will address this in F&F9 when they bring Han back. This is why Justin Lin is rumored to come back to do it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its actually going to be a movie about the Rock and Statham training a girls peewee soccer team and taking them to the play offs as the big underdog with a whole hell of a lot of heart. Vin Diesel plays the Villain and Tyrese plays a tree.

Ronin Ray

I want Han in this movie. Just make it where Statham was hiding him while he has next to Gisele hospital bed staying with her while she recovers.

robotrock

Banned
Its actually going to be a movie about the Rock and Statham training a girls peewee soccer team and taking them to the play offs as the big underdog with a whole hell of a lot of heart. Vin Diesel plays the Villain and Tyrese plays a tree.

Kicking and Screaming 2

Madness

Somewhere Vin is mumbling angrily to himself

Him and Walker had beef too read up on it. We all know the franchise was about Brian ans his character but his easter egg at the end of the first, the cameo in Tokyo Drift coupled with his superhero returm he tried to make it the Dom story. Only later did they reconcile, the birth of Diesels daughter naming her after him and going forward as a family with Luda and Jordana and Michelle and Tyrese etc. This lasted until F7 end and then F8. Vin Diesel had the end scene of Hobbs and Shaw joining cut as producer. Wanted to keep it a family thing. Rock mentioned his candy ass male costars when he learned the scene wouldn't be in etc. But you don't become the highest paid actor and #1 social media star without being smart. He finagled his own spinoff. Hobbs and Shaw and somr hot young new talent. Imagine they get Michael B. Jordan in a role, keep it action and heist and special ops oriented. Think Expendables but with better actors and writing.

I see where Tyrese coming from but he did a similar thing to TGT. Cash your own cheques playa. Don't be living off of handouts. FF9 going to be in decline. FF8 while still a billion dollar movie made hundreds of millions less than FF7, Walker's last film. Vin and Letty story worked as side story to Brian and Mia. Their scenes were near silent while everyone loved Hobbs/Shaw. It could be measy going forward. But Rock ain't turning a chance to be face of multi film story down.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Vin is probably eating up Tyrese going off like this. You know Vin isn't about this spin-off nonsense.

Mortemis

Banned
I still haven't watched 8, and probably won't. If Justin Lin is back though, I'm definitely in for 9. Doubly so if they bring back Han.
Please ;_;

Top Bottom