• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dwayne Johnson Teases New Video Game Movie Announcement

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is apparently making yet another video game movie, according to a recent interview, but he's not revealed which game that's being adapted quite yet. Johnson is no stranger at this point to video game movies given the fact that he starred in both Doom and Rampage as well as the recent Jumanji movies that swapped the board game of the original for a video game. Given his star power, however, there is practically no telling what he could be up to other than the fact that it will likely be big.

"I can't tell you which game in particular we're doing, but there will be an announcement this year," Johnson told Men's Journal when asked about future plans to bring video game characters to the big screen. "We're going to bring one of the biggest, most badass games to the screen--one that I've played for years. I'm really excited to bring it to fans around the world. Of course we're going to do right by our gamer friends--but really we're just going to make a great movie."

Vandole

I hope it's God of War. If they finally got around to making the Bioshock movie and he's starring in it I'm going to be very disappointed.

Deerock71

nailedit.
Dwayne Johnson Pose GIF by Jumanji: The Next Level

Stuart360

I bet its God of War. Its obviously going to be something that has a huge muscular main character i would of thought.

If it is GOW, i hope its based more on GOW3 and that games epicness, not the reboot with his annoying son and pussified Kratos.

ZywyPL

Banned
I honestly cant see him as Kratos either. He is to "innocent" for a lack of better word and not sure if he could pull off an Anti-hero.

Your thinking about the old vengeful Kratos, but the new one is also a lot softer than he used to be, so Johnson would fit perfectly with his physique, especially with that grey beard:

7b3154d04142b5d3ea5d0aac4a0a8b00.jpg

"Boy..."

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Imagine he wanted to be Solid Snake, and it was the only way to get the project off the ground. I'd feel weird.

I could actually see Andrew Garfield being a great Raiden. I mean, who am I kidding, he'd be great in most roles, but that'd work well for me.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Imagine he wanted to be Solid Snake, and it was the only way to get the project off the ground. I'd feel weird.

I could actually see Andrew Garfield being a great Raiden. I mean, who am I kidding, he'd be great in most roles, but that'd work well for me.
Hard to imagine someone who's 6'5 and 270 pounds doing anything regarding stealth.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Hard to imagine someone who's 6'5 and 270 pounds doing anything regarding stealth.
Good point. And he certainly wouldn't be my choice, to be clear.
I can just see it happening, for some reason. I guess because the movie has been in "development" for so long and needs some star power.

Oh wait, Oscar Isaac already signed on, huh? Nice.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

James Franco Omg GIF

Top Bottom