• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack: "NeoGAF...I would say is probably the worst forum." Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifrit

doomed1 said:
surprised no one's posted it yet. you KNOW Dyack has become infamous when he gets a Castle Vidcon about him. :lol

2meer9s.jpg

http://www.castle-vidcons.com/2008/08/19/comic-56-the-latest-score/#comments

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol They're always on time

Raein

Banned
Dyack deserves every insult that's been thrown his way.

I've been reading through his childish responses to some of the criticism of the game on this forum, as well as his inane interviews with game publications, and that guy has dug himself into quite a shit hole.

Good riddance.

P.S. I will never buy another SK game again, nor will I support anything that man does.

Raistlin

Woffls said:
Does GAF itself not provide the platform to challenge Dyack? Unfettered, without challenge... sounds about right to me.

So, you're comparing posts on a private forum to 'professional' gaming sites' journalism?

I'm not sure what's funnier, the incommensurability of the comparison, or the unintentional slam on 1up if one were to assume your statement actually does hold water.

PSGames

DjangoReinhardt said:
If anything, this forum is overly tolerant of spam from industry professionals. As far as I can tell, the last time Dyack made a post outside of a Too Human thread was 8/22/07. And the topic of that thread? An interview with Dennis Dyack. The guy was whoring product and nothing else.

Last time I check most developers here only post in their respective company's threads.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering when the next Great GAF Cleansing would happen.

Though I hate to see Dyack get banned...It would so much funnier if he were here to defend himself.

WrikaWrek

Banned
EviLore said:
Joates, kk, said what you had to say, time to move on before you hijack the thread for your own purposes.

He was permabanned for Dyack-related insanity, but he's actually been messaging me here and there for a while now talking about how he has had a serious change of heart about Too Human and Dyack after the 1up Yours podcast and related scandals. I'll paste a couple of the messages here since he wanted to have a chance to say it:

Ark-AMN: Too bad I cannot participate in the Too Human threads anymore, I'd love to say how I don't like Denis or SK anymore. I lost a ton of respect for him for his behavior.

EviLore: Heh, that's surprising, even after a lot of other people changed their stance. You were pretty much the #1 supporter.

Ark-AMN: Yeah, I like SK's games, but Denis' behavior needs a facelift. No other head of a company should act like he does. It's cool to be passionate of what you work on, but don't start getting personal with internet message forums of all things.

Well, that was unappropriate.

andthebeatgoeson

Gbeav said:
So not being able to take criticism is bad on his part but you calling him a douche is pure glory of epic scales.

Look at a mirror if you want to cut someone down for behavior.
I not sure what your point is. But my point is, he's in the limelight and he has to be just as willing to accept rejection, critics and praise. He doesn't, therefore, I think he's a douche. What are you getting at?

Dyack wasn't just a loud-mouthed developer, he was the worst kind of troll, the kind that washes down his morning Trolling with a hot cup of Important Messages.

A ban well deserved.

JCX

threads should only be this big if something big has happened

nothing big has happened, but I suppose I'm part of the problem now.

Zertez

Sucks he got banned because he was posting information in the official thread, understandable why he was banned though. He burned that bridge himself. Sad part is when he was just talking about the game itself and everything good about it, he seemed like a good guy; but when he went off to left field trying to defend the game it was painful to watch. Hopefully he gets help for whatever caused him to fall off the deep end.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
this was more boring than expected. I wouldnt come here if I thought the people didnt suck. I hope dyack is right and I can continue to revel in the hilarious hyperbole and insane hate that is the gaf.
Its not like anyone is here for anything other than cats.

That said. I think what he said was in relation to GAFs hate for Too Human (they hated it the worst)

Brashnir

He just couldn't shut himself up, so it's for the best to ban him, but posting it like this for a spectacle is just silly and obnoxious.

Then again, silly and obnoxious pretty much sums up most of what goes on here, so carry on I guess.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
This is a private forum run by individuals that provide a service to users for FREE.

Yes, the internet is the pan-ultimate galaxy for freedom of speech, but as a web-designer and webmaster of many sites myself, I will tell you one thing: individual websites play by their rules set up by whomever owns them.

Play by those rules, or get the fuck out. Evilore nor his staff have any reason to allow Dyack to be anymore part of this community as it is their choice and their choice only. Don't like it? You can follow Dyack right out of the damn door.

If Dyack has an opinion to express, he can do so on any other website that is gullible enough to sniff his bullshit and call it relevant.

If Dyack's time on here was so bad, then he should ask for a refund. Oh, wait, nobody is making him pay to post here. Then again, the people that bought his game won't be getting a refund either.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Quick question to everyone: What would happen if a regular member kept insulting everyone, the owners of this forum, and how it was run with each and every single post?

Why is Dyack supposed to get some special privilege?

Sean

Banned
Well hopefully the Dyackgate shit will finally come to an end now.

Dyack: "NeoGAF...I would say is probably the worst forum." Response. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Too Human review thread of scoring lower than Haze (BOOSH) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Silicon Knights' next game not 'Two Human,' but trilogy will continue (lulz)

All on the first page alone... This game isn't even out yet and I'm sick of hearing about it already.

Raistlin

reilo said:
Quick question to everyone: What would happen if a regular member kept insulting everyone, the owners of this forum, and how it was run with each and every single post?

If anything, he was given more leniency than normal posters.

senahorse

reilo said:

Entertainment value?

reilo said:

1. He'd get owned by bishop, gifs would ensue, someone would melt down, thread would turn classic.

2. As stated above, otherwise we wouldn't have had this awesome thread.

Mashing said:
Thanks Evilore, it had to be done. I salute you.

Really? I mean, seriously? Dyack was acting like a total douchebag, so Evilore publicly reprimanded him and levied the ban hammer.

It's pretty much what any reasonable person would do, not an inspiring act of heroism.

The sycophants here are starting to nauseate me more than Dyack ever did.

Fewr

All I can think of is that they didn't think the low reviews would hurt his ego, then when they throw the 4 at his forehead (ego) flame threads, rage, etc ensue.

Truant

I think this Denis comes off as a pretty intelligent guy who in his frustration makes some really poor choices regarding communication with his fanbase. It really is a vicous circle, but there really is no forum (no pun intended) for fan/developer interaction on this level.

He should do a face to face with fans instead. The internet is the worst place to be Denis Dyack.

Rlan

Metacritic considers the 1UP "C-" review to be the equivelant of "42" however the Gamerankings believe it means "60".

So it's up to interpretation :)

Vagabundo

"It was the best of forums, it was the worst of forums, it was the forum of wisdom, it was the forum of foolishness, it was the forum of belief, it was the forum of incredulity, it was the forum of Light, it was the forum of Darkness, it was the forum of hope, it was the forum of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way..."

Mononofu

Vagabundo said:
"It was the best of forums, it was the worst of forums, it was the forum of wisdom, it was the forum of foolishness, it was the forum of belief, it was the forum of incredulity, it was the forum of Light, it was the forum of Darkness, it was the forum of hope, it was the forum of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way..."

Bravo! bravo! :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
EviLore said:
As Confucius once said, “the photoshop cat juggles a ball of yarn, and unravels it all over his face.” You are Baldur, Denis. You’re the poorly animated bald Norse technogod, the Übermensch with a thousand pointless book references misunderstood by the dirty proles who aren’t worthy enough to judge you.

Your favorite Nietzsche quote, "he who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster," is one you’ve fallen victim to yourself, if your opinion of this site is to be taken to heart. In these pitiable confrontations with us you've proven to be the monster of gaming development, a sore on the industry and a squanderer of your subordinates' time and effort. Through all this, through this self-inflicted PR nightmare, you’ve conquered vast new frontiers of unwarranted hyperbole and desperate pseudo-intellectual grasping. Buy an unaccredited doctorate, change your given name to Derek, and take up the reins; Derek Smart would eagerly defer to the greatness of Dr. Dyack.

What is an appropriate action to take in response to the man who continues to post here? I won't be tolerating a second retconned "social experiment," a second call for NeoGAF's closing, or a second "worst forum" insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I'll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF.

You know, I really want to say a few things about this post, but I'd probably get banned. I couldn't care less about Too Human, but all I'll say is that the tone and intent of the initial post is rather pathetic, and self-righteous to a humorous degree.

I gotta say that I'm happy and hopeful that we can all rise above this bullshit and get things back to normal around here. Mistakes were made on both sides as far as I'm concerned, but hopefully this and all the other Dyack/Too Human threads can be retired in the archives relatively soon...

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Slurpy said:
You know, I really want to say a few things about this post, but I'd probably get banned. I couldn't care less about Too Human, but all I'll say is that the tone and intent of the initial post is rather pathetic, and self-righteous to a humorous degree.

DD has acted like nothing more than a child, until recently I have avoided his spiral of stupidity but in all honesty he DESERVED this.

This forum is well run, sure some people get banned and dont really deserve it, others get away with stupidity (Dri*cough*nky) after it stops being funny and starts being kind of... well sucks the joy out of everything.

The fact of the matter is, Nintendo gets bashed for the treatment of the VC, they deserve it, I think they have turned a service that I used to get at least 1 classic a month minimum into something where its usually wednesday before I am like "shit... new game, wonder what it was" only to find out it was a letdown

Perfect Dark Zero got bashed for its mediocrity, DD's little game got bashed for mediocrity as well.

With some games mediocrity is expected, no one is claiming the next Mario Party game with revolutionize the gaming scene and change the world, it will be the same thing, still a lot of fun, and it will still sell a lot of hotcakes. DD has decided to make his game be seen as the greatest game known to man when in reality the game does not live up to that hype.

Whether or not the game bombs is yet to be seen, No More Heroes did not do fantastic but the game is amazing, I was as hooked on that game as any (and many times MORE) than AAA material with massive budget, because the game was FUN first and foremost.

Too Human is just not fun, there is no fun to be had, regardless of everyone saying that 'you have to like the type of game it is' as a bailout *coughIGNcough* when Diablo 3 will get raving reviews (hopefully) for being a good game (or else because its Diablo :/ but hopefully its a good game)

All these factors, combined with DDs constantly bashing GAF, being so cocky about his 'moderated' thread (which was utter BS, but that was again admins decision) and constantly bashing this thread, he was lucky he got this long until he was banned, but I think maybe Evilore was hoping the game would be good and things would settle down, that failed and DD blamed his abysmal game on GAF, imagine if GAF had that kind of power so many niche titles would sell like hotcakes >.<

Spoo

Slurpy said:

Really? I thought of it differently: We've been hassled by Denis in more ways than one, and have had the privacy of this forum (such as it is :lol ) greatly disturbed by his antics. There's nothing pathetic about giving a person a second chance to check their behavior, or reconsider their approaches to GAF. He got more than a second chance. There's nothing self-righteous about telling him to leave for it -- or, at least, pushing him out to door. He had his fun, his experiments, he chilled with the Too Human clan in the official thread where Denis himself said was well moderated, and then he failed, utterly, to moderate himself. It's backed up in the text of the OP.

That's nothing short of a betrayal of the leniancy that the mods here have given him. The intent of EvilLore's post is more than clear: begone.

And now we can get back to what we do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom