• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 1 PS5-Series X|S Update Now Live - 1080p/60 FPS - Dynamic/60 FPS - 4K/30 FPS

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Edit:

Patch is only live on PS5 right now. Xbox patch is coming soon.

Along with 60 FPS on next gen, they also "improved" the 30 FPS mode on PS4 Pro. Which probably means they fixed the double buffer v-sync issues it had before.

• Performance mode now gets you 60 FPS in Full HD resolution
  • Balanced mode targets 60 FPS in QHD resolution
  • High Resolution mode offers 30 FPS in 4K
  • For those of you who haven’t upgraded yet, you can now enjoy the improved 30 FPS cap on PlayStation 4 Pro

Soon you will be able to feel the benefits of next-generation experience with new video modes coming to Xbox! Stay tuned!

Last edited:

klosos

looking forward to playing this when I get around to it. I think ill wait a good six months before jumping in. A lot of Eastern European games need a good few patches to really shine then after that you are left with a cracking game . Same with Elex2 wait to its completely patched to get the best experience.

hlm666

looking forward to playing this when I get around to it. I think ill wait a good six months before jumping in. A lot of Eastern European games need a good few patches to really shine then after that you are left with a cracking game . Same with Elex2 wait to its completely patched to get the best experience.
This games already old, I can't see them throwing many more patches at it after this.

adamsapple

Heads up, the Xbox version is on sale right now for $11.99. Includes the base game and The Following DLC.

Get it before the patch and the sale ends.

Midn1ght

Which was the correct version to buy? There was some cosmetic stuff that was useless..
If you like the main game then get the version with "The Following" DLC. It's a complete new map (Countryside) with a fair amount of quests/challenges and you can drive a car.

thatJohann

So is it still a native PS4 app running in BC or is it now a PS5 native app? can't find it on the PS store as native PS5

Hugare

Dying Light 1 can't even hit native 4K 60fps? this game is like 6 years old!
That is a bit disappointing.

It is a PS4 game after all... it should run at higher resolution even at 60fps.
It's not a native PS5 app. It's an update to the PS4 version, so it doesnt use all the PS5 hardware.

That's why its not a locked 60 on 4K mode

I'm testing it right now: Balance Mode seems pretty stable so far

Loadings are fast. Not 2 seconds fast, but fast.

Game still looks very good, even better now at 60 fps

ethomaz

Banned
It's not a native PS5 app. It's an update to the PS4 version, so it doesnt use all the PS5 hardware.

That's why its not a locked 60 on 4K mode

I'm testing it right now: Balance Mode seems pretty stable so far

Loadings are fast. Not 2 seconds fast, but fast.

Game still looks very good, even better now at 60 fps
Do you mean they made a PS5 patch not for PS5?

Hugare

Do you mean they made a PS5 patch not for PS5?
PS4 games can be PS5 Aware without being a native PS5 application.
This

Mass Effct Trilogy does the same thing. Also God of War and TLOU 2 (and many others that I'm not remembering)

Its a good patch. They've increased draw distance, framerate, resolution, all for free.

Thats good enough

Considering that its not using all of the PS5 hardware, it runs pretty decently.

Mass Effect Trilogy has some serious drops, for example

Synless

Tbh, I see bitching about a free patch they had zero obligation to do to begin with. Especially because this game is not going to get the amount of playtime for the effort they already did here.

Be fucking happy you all got shit. All this site does is bitch. Might as well get danger hair at this point and be done with it, certainly many of you will fit in with that crowd that demands a mile when an inch is given.

Neo_game

PS4 is 1080P 30fps so 4K 30fps is what you would expect. Not sure about 1080P 60fps mode though. This is one of the biggest advantage of PC IMO the whole scaling and older games runs great on newer hardware without any dev inputs.

intbal

They made some modifications to the PS4 Pro in the patch, there's hope they might for One X too.

I sent them a tweet inquiring about any improvements to the One X version. They directed me to send a private message to their tech support, which I did.
Here was their reply:

Okay Kindly reconnect your wallet to the node webpage to get full restoration of service. Would you like me to guide you through the steps?

I still haven't the slightest clue what this means.
Any ideas?

adamsapple

PS4 is 1080P 30fps so 4K 30fps is what you would expect. Not sure about 1080P 60fps mode though. This is one of the biggest advantage of PC IMO the whole scaling and older games runs great on newer hardware without any dev inputs.

Why not sure ? The patch not only has a 1080p/60 FPS mode, but it also has a QHD 60 FPS mode (i-e aiming for 1440p/60) which probably has some drops, hence presented as an option and not the default.

intbal

What the fuck, it sounds like they're trying to indoctrinate you into a cult lol

My interpretation was more along the lines of: "You don't like the game we made, pay us a shitload of money and we'll have an intern code a resolution patch for it."

I reported their twitter account for abusive behavior.

intbal

They responded back. Told me to visit tokenautocorrection.com which is some sort of bitcoin-related website.
I think Techland's Tech Support has been taken over by hackers.

Neo_game

Why not sure ? The patch not only has a 1080p/60 FPS mode, but it also has a QHD 60 FPS mode (i-e aiming for 1440p/60) which probably has some drops, hence presented as an option and not the default.

If it can do 4K 30fps it should be doing close to 120fps mode in 1080P not locked 60fps. Considering that PS4 already does 1080P 30fps 🤦‍♂️

adamsapple

If it can do 4K 30fps it should be doing close to 120fps mode in 1080P not locked 60fps. Considering that PS4 already does 1080P 30fps 🤦‍♂️

These are just enhanced BC patches, the game is not taking advantage of the new console hardware as a native app would.

We're getting this as a free upgrade, many companies charge $10 or so for the same thing.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Man, the more I hear about this game, I more I think I should buy. They already had my interest with the parkour, but now it runs smooth on consoles too. My backlog has been growing too fast this year.

Neo_game

These are just enhanced BC patches, the game is not taking advantage of the new console hardware as a native app would.

We're getting this as a free upgrade, many companies charge $10 or so for the same thing.

1080P mode makes them look really bad, even if it is free. I first thought there are some differences in these modes but they haven't mentioned anything.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Been waiting months for this checking probably twice a week since they announced it was on the way.

Has anyone heard when the Xbox patch drops? Any idea what the update size is?

assurdum

Banned
Did they have updated the TAA used at least? It was really atrocious and primitive, full of ghosting artifacts and practically ineffective with tons of aliasing. Can anyone check it?

Last edited:

Shakka43

Played about an hour in 1440p/60 mode and all went pretty good, didn't notice any frame drops even during a night chase.

Top Bottom