• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 — New fifteen-minute-long gameplay video released

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Any hype for this title?

dying-light-2.jpg

Looking good, let's hope next time they will up the frame-rate to 30FPS before releasing a new video because this is not smooth at all

Techland has released a new video for Dying Light 2: Stay Human, showcasing 15 minutes of brand new gameplay footage.
According to the team, this new gameplay video shows off the game’s “A Place to Call Home” quest.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human is a story-driven open-world action RPG. This time players are visiting the City – mankind’s last stronghold in the fight against the virus.
Developed parkour mechanics enable players to explore the vast open world and master tactical combat. This lost civilization, a world set in the modern dark ages, requires creative approaches to finding items and crafting gear.

Gameplay will shift during a day and night cycle, so players can dare to plunder abandoned lairs of infected at night and discover the dark secrets of those in power by day. Additionally, players must choose which side they want to take and write their own story.
The game will support both DLSS and Ray Tracing on the PC, and will release in February 2022

There’s like negative hype for this game ever since it got delayed out December. A whole 15 minute gameplay video and not one post about it anywhere else

There’s like negative hype for this game ever since it got delayed out December. A whole 15 minute gameplay video and not one post about it anywhere else
Negative hype from a small vocal minority. When this game launches it will sell millions. The first game is a classic and this looks like a noticeable improvement. It has the best parkour of any game since Mirrors Edge and will make Back 4 Blood obsolete.

Negative hype from a small vocal minority. When this game launches it will sell millions. The first game is a classic and this looks like a noticeable improvement. It has the best parkour of any game since Mirrors Edge and will make Back 4 Blood obsolete.

I’m skeptical, its not even like a ton of gaming news dropped today, this games previews have been flying under the radar.

The paraglide looks cool, and the story seems somewhat interesting. Some of the animations especially the lip syncing seems rough as hell. The combat also looks kind of one note. Slash slash, drop kick. I like the premise of gaining territory and changing the world. so I’ll eventually check it out.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Day 1 for me.
just hope its not a bugfest like CP2077.

And when is the dying light enhanced version release?

b0uncyfr0

Hmm, my only concern is the tight movements on a controller. Is there an adjustable FoV? Will it support mouse and keyboard on Xsx?

SJRB

Gold Member
Am I crazy or did the graphics get a MASSIVE downgrade?

Traversal looks amazing. Big oof at the dialogue though, both the bit at the start and the conversation with the characters at the 5th minute.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
They should have hired away whoever did the rope implementation in TLOU2 for that cable-to-the-generator sequence.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Am I crazy or did the graphics get a MASSIVE downgrade?

Traversal looks amazing. Big oof at the dialogue though, both the bit at the start and the conversation with the characters at the 5th minute.
It honestly never looked like a looker to me even during his first appearance.

And it is crossgen.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Visually it kinda sucks.. The lighting, especially indoors, is at times very flat. Characters and animations looks a bit stiff. Textures blurry..

But I guess looks isn't everything... I'm a fan of the first game, and gameplay wise it looks fine enough as far as I can see.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Man it's a real shame. All their previous games have looked really nice visually and this one just looks... weak.

Whatever solution they've used for global illumination and general lighting/colouration looks pretty awful, and the general lack of complexity to the objects/ meshes which I'm guessing is a sacrifice they've made for last gen consoles, which honestly, had the game released last year or this year might have seemed a reasonable sacrifice, but the further this game gets delayed the decision to compromise the entire experience for those consoles becomes worse and worse.

They cancelled the 360/PS3 versions of Dying Light 1 for a good reason, and they were rewarded for that decision, so it's surprising to see them opt to keep them on last gen this time especially when the gimmick of a game being "Next Gen Only" would be an almost unique quality for a 3rd party game to have.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm very impressed by draw distance with almost zero noticeable pop-in which is something I greatly prefer over prettier lights and shadows.

Traversal and combat looking good, I'm definitely getting this game unless there is something really wrong about it that should come out in reviews. Not on release tho, too much gaming in February.

This actually looks ambitious but I'm really worried about the lack of hype and excitement around it. It wont help that horizon 2 and elden ring release in the same month. Also, will there be 60fps on current gen consoles?

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Day 1 for me.
just hope its not a bugfest like CP2077.

And when is the dying light enhanced version release?

given they delayed it multiple times to add polish I'm really hoping it isn't a mess. There really would he no excuse if they did the right thing delaying and then just didn't follow through

Kupfer

Looks like fun ... if I had buddies to coop it on PS5.
Will probably skip it because of this.
DL1 was fun, but I never managed to finish it since I felt like it's too long.

given they delayed it multiple times to add polish I'm really hoping it isn't a mess.
CP2077 is polish, too - but it didn't help.
don't hurt me

Last edited:
I'm very impressed by draw distance with almost zero noticeable pop-in which is something I greatly prefer over prettier lights and shadows.

Traversal and combat looking good, I'm definitely getting this game unless there is something really wrong about it that should come out in reviews. Not on release tho, too much gaming in February.
I am not impressed by the unstable 30fps framerate particularly if they are showing off the PC version.

I have a really BAD feeling about this game
Indeed. I think they have too many versions of the game. They even intend to release it on Switch. I feel that this would be too ambitious for them.

Mister Wolf

I'm glad its using Raytraced Lighting, Shadows, and Reflections. Should make the environment look alot more realistic on PC.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
given they delayed it multiple times to add polish I'm really hoping it isn't a mess. There really would he no excuse if they did the right thing delaying and then just didn't follow through
yea they just suddenly announce the game gone gold i was like ok that was sudden.

There are quite a few previews for this and most are pretty positive. Aside from a couple issues game seems like a big step up from the first, especially regarding combat. I'll wait for 50% off but I'm pretty excited to play.

Hugare

Cant understand the complaints about the graphics.

Looks as good as any other open world in a city environment that we've had during this generation. + RT Lighting, Shadows and Reflections.

What really hurts the presentation are the facial animations. Very, very subpar.

And the traversal system seems to be the best one that I have ever seen in a first person game, honestly.

Mirrors Edge parkour + parachute + insane map design is a killer combo

Last edited:
Yeah, visually it doesnt look like much to write home about. The voice acting seems pretty bad too. The original wasnt exactly known for a impactful story or great acting either.

It seems like they've totally abandoned the look of the original though. The lack of the intense lighting effects makes everything look a bit flat. I still have high hopes for this one since the original was so much fun.

This is kind of why i appreciate TLOU, it seems the be the only zombie game that doesn’t have that gamey-campy writing vibe to it.

I would love to see a game at least add a twist to the zombie stuff like have them able to instinctually strategize like pack animals or something to keep the gameplay interesting.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

This is kind of why i appreciate TLOU, it seems the be the only zombie game that doesn’t have that gamey-campy writing vibe to it.

I would love to see a game at least add a twist to the zombie stuff like have them able to instinctually strategize like pack animals or something to keep the gameplay interesting.
Now that's the kind of AI that still generations away. Only FEAR from the great ps3 had that level of AI.

Warablo

Glad they took fan feedback of making it even more like Mirror's Edge. Should be fun.

EDIT: Again, the main protag sounds exactly like the first.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Facial animations are laughable but the rest looks really good. The melee combat looks really satisfying

CitizenZ

Banned
Easily top 5 games if not my favorite in the last 6 years(yes its been 6 yrs since first one). There is a reason it is STILL very popular and one of the most played games every year.

Top Bottom