• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 - 7 mins of New Gameplay/Trailer

Justin9mm

Nah game looks fine, and the level of games we are getting now. Also for whatever reason, the quality on this vid is 30fps. Do a Youtube search for their last presentation they did where the gameplay was 4k/60, it looked a lot better.
Even the first game still looks good imo, on PC anyway.
Yeah I watched the (Dying 2 Know) full presentation in 4K on my 4K screen. I still stand by what I said, I'm wasn't talking about the graphics. Maybe my expectations are too high. This game overall still looks like your mediocre AAA.. Not saying it's bad, just saying it's not breaking any new ground imo.

Stuart360

Yeah I watched the (Dying 2 Know) full presentation in 4K on my 4K screen. I still stand by what I said, I'm wasn't talking about the graphics. Maybe my expectations are too high. This game overall still looks like your mediocre AAA.. Not saying it's bad, just saying it's not breaking any new ground imo.
Well its a cross gen game so, and it def is a step up from the first game.
If you think the level of graphics are going to suddenly jump up now the new consoles are out, i'd taper you expectations. There will be games like this throughout this whole gen.

Day 1. The combat looks phenomenal. Depending on how they handle faction dynamics this could potentially be one of GOTY contenders.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
seems like the gameplay in the trailer was run on a PC or a next gen console

It just looks really last gen in gameplay and design
I don't understand what 'last gen gameplay and design' means in this context.
The only aspect of this I could agree is decidedly of a particular generation is graphical fidelity. But gameplay?

How can gameplay be tied to a generation when the design documents for most of the big AAA games probably haven't changed significantly since the 2000s?

Last edited:

scalman

that game was only one for me as zombie game , so this is no question will be next in line. weapons modifications where awesome.

LMJ

Game looks awesome, loved the first one and the new traversal, wider combat and stealth options and God willing ACTUAL context sensitive choices that ACTUALLY have an impact on story and environment have me smiling :D

Nickelodeon Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I am kinda underwhelmed, the game doesn't look bad but facial expression is nearly non existent, animations seems wooden ( compared to other games ) and the overall graphical fidelity seems meh.

But I guess thats just me talking after seeing all these next gen games.

Still I'll gonna paly the shit out of it. The first game made a lot of fun. Pretty sure the sequel is gonna be fun to play, too!

Looks great and Im glad they got out of that development hell that was talked about just a few months back. I thought we would never see this game just like Dead Island 2.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Looked alright. Tried the first but it played like shit on console and always thought it was some co-op game. Will try this.

Sevenfold

Day 1 for life.

E: Oh shit a release date !!!

Looked alright. Tried the first but it played like shit on console and always thought it was some co-op game. Will try this.

It's really good SP.

Last edited:

thief183

You know what I'd love to see in a game like this? A fixed number of NPC.

For example Faction A has 230 ppl and if I kill them all the faction is dead, with all the implication of the case. That means that every single NPC of a faction has a role in the situation and it could make choices more important.

KemoSabe

I wonder when this cross gen crap stops.
I get they need to make money off of gen users, but visually it's just holding current gen back by a mile.
Current console are out for more then a year when it releases...

You know what I'd love to see in a game like this? A fixed number of NPC.

For example Faction A has 230 ppl and if I kill them all the faction is dead, with all the implication of the case. That means that every single NPC of a faction has a role in the situation and it could make choices more important.
Doesn’t outer worlds do this?

Edit; sorry for the double Post I meant to edit that in above.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of a survivor (Aiden Caldwell) in a post-apocalyptic city overrun by zombies. As players traverse the open-world environment, they interact with characters, complete mission objectives, and engage in melee-style combat against human survivors and zombies. Players use makeshift swords, machetes, and pipes to hack and slash at enemies; damage often results in dismemberment and decapitation. Large blood-splatter effects occur as enemies are hit; large blood stains remain in the environment. The game contains some suggestive material in the dialogue (e.g., “Into bondage, are you...Too bad. This issue's centerfold is...painfully sexy”; “Strange because I thought I knew all the women here. And I mean inside out”; “...I get all the p*ssy”; “I was payin' your t*ts a compliment.”). In one sequence, a female character is seen leading a man into her bedroom before the scene fades to black. The words “f**k” and “c*nt” are heard in the game.

Top Bottom