• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light beta playthrough on PC

Today, Techland gave the all clear for theRadBrad's playthrough of Dying Light.

Here is his playthrough of the game on PC using an Xbox 360 controller.

Its the same demo area from the infamous VGX demo.

Man, that bar in the middle is maddening to see, besides that, game looks grand.

They are making a mistake letting people play it early and post videos of it. Looks pretty bad and it kinda killed my hype.

This man is easily impressed.

Indeed. I remember watching a few videos of his playthrough of Amy a while back, and he pretty consistently would stop and say something to the effect of "Wow, I don't know what all the fuss is about, this game is great!" Recall him greatly enjoying Survival Instinct as well.

Xanathus

Aside from the cool-looking wind effect, the video does not impress or make me interested in the slightest. It looks like it actually plays just like Dead Island and it doesn't address Dead Island's *huge* flaw which was that the game was only good in the very 1st Act at the resort. They front-loaded it and then the rest of the game was an awful linear dungeon crawl. I don't have any faith that Techland is going to pull the same shit again with this game.

Aside from the cool-looking wind effect, the video does not impress or make me interested in the slightest. It looks like it actually plays just like Dead Island and it doesn't address Dead Island's *huge* flaw which was that the game was only good in the very 1st Act at the resort. They front-loaded it and then the rest of the game was an awful linear dungeon crawl. I don't have any faith that Techland is going to pull the same shit again with this game.

One can only assume that the open world nature of the game combined with the heavy focus on parkour will negate any possibility of it being an "awful linear dungeon crawl".

Omega

Banned
regen in a zombie game = lol

why even bother with it? The AI in every zombie game is piss poor, and it looks no different in this.

but anything with zombies sells and is easy to make so I already know the answer to that question..

He said in the video he was told to do so by Techland. Maybe mouse/keyboard controls are still being fleshed out?

lets hope they don't get lazy with the mouse and keyboard. I will definitely be playing this on my PC. I might double dip on the future in the ps4 because of my of brother.

Xanathus

One can only assume that the open world nature of the game combined with the heavy focus on parkour will negate any possibility of it being an "awful linear dungeon crawl".

The previews for Dead Island also promised an open world. Just saying that Deep Silver/Techland shouldn't be trusted to be honest.

O.DOGG

Game looks good but I just can't seem to get excited about zombie games anymore. I need some time away from them, a year or two at least.

Top Bottom