• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light PC Performance Thread

Dries

Hey guys, thinking about picking this game up, but first I'd like to know what performance I can expect. My rig is a:

i5 2500K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz
GTX 980 4GB
8GB RAM
Playing on a 1440p screen with G-sync

I was wondering if I could push all the settings to Ultra/Max and still get something like 45 fps at 2560 x 1440? Maybe I could even downsample further if 1440p holds up.

Hey guys, thinking about picking this game up, but first I'd like to know what performance I can expect. My rig is a:

i5 2500K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz
GTX 980 4GB
8GB RAM
Playing on a 1440p screen with G-sync

I was wondering if I could push all the settings to Ultra/Max and still get something like 45 fps at 2560 x 1440? Maybe I could even downsample further if 1440p holds up.
Should be fine provided you don't completely max view distance. I maxed everything with view distance at 50% on 2500k @4.0 and a 970 and I get pretty much constant 60.

Decado

Is the demo a good indicator of performance? Anyone know what to do or where to go to stress things a bit?

I have a modest rig with a 670 2gb it runs quite smoothly on High settings, 1080p. Not sure how that holds up once things get a bit hairier.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone having issues with Windows 10? The game is hitching and dropping frames constantly, whereas during my first playthrough on Windows 8.1 it was 60 locked and as smooth as butter. I'm having the same issue with Witcher III so I thought it was my hardware, but I just tried Mad Max and it runs flawlessly.

bee

game just updated to 1.6.2

· Fixed problems with completing some of the collector quests (no trigger on Toygar)

· Removed desaturation post-process effect when player has low health

· Fixed freezes after using alt+tab during in-game movies

· Fixed various rare crashes

removed desaturation but kept chromatic aberration :((( every other comment on steam is to do with it being removed

Game has really strange performance.

For some time I played game with everything on ultra exept view distance(50%) with v-sync on at 60fps without any problems. Then I don't know, what happened but performance fell and I had drops to 30 and even lower at every settings.

Now I am playing with eveything on ultra exept shadows with 100% view distance and pretty good framerate 50-60 but with a lot of tearing. If I make v-sync on, even with setting like before(everything on ultra exept view distance(50%) with v-sync) game become not playable with drops to 30fps all around.

it is so strange.

gtx 780, i5 4670 16gb ram

(sorry for my english)

This has happened to me, too, did you ever fix it?

Win 10
gtx 970
i5 2500k @ 4.5
8gb ram

Got the Ultimate Edition, game version 1.6.1. For over a week I played every day with a flawless 60fps (once I capped it there with Rivatuner), everything maxed but view distance at 50% and fov a couple clicks above default. Butter smooth. So good in fact that I eventually bumped up the resolution for some downsampling since it seemed like I had performance to spare.

The downsampling seemed to result in a slightly less buttery performance, so I reduced it, and now my performance sucks. It's at 60 but with CONSTANT hitching and stuttering. I lowered the resolution back to 1080p, still sucks. Lowered other settings, still sucks. View distance to 0, still happens. Nothing seems to make any difference. CPU and GPU never go above 60-70%, VRAM never goes above 3300-3500.

I'm playing the same game in all the same areas as I was before, but somehow I've gone from flawless, locked 60fps to a hitching mess. What the hell has happened?

This game's driving me up the wall. Did clean install of Nvidia drivers, reset all settings in Inspector, etc. Flawless buttery 60fps again. But then after playing for an hour or so with no drops, it got stuttery again, and has been a hitchy mess ever since. Is it a caching issue or something?

nkarafo

OK so the game runs well/60fps at high settings/1080p/No AA/Ambient Occlusion OFF with my GTX 960.

However, i'm getting sudden drops to 30fps whenever more than 3 fire barrels are on screen at once. I actually tested this. I move the camera so i can see 3 barrels and it's 60fps. Once i scroll a bit to a 4th barrel, it goes 30fps.

Is there a way to make those fire effects less demanding maybe?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck did they do to the performance? It keeps dropping down to about 30fps for no reason. Before the expansion it was rock solid 60fps 100% of the time. I guess I'll hold off for awhile, Dying Light was my #2 game of 2015 so I don't want to spoil it by playing it like this.

OK so the game runs well/60fps at high settings/1080p/No AA/Ambient Occlusion OFF with my GTX 960.

However, i'm getting sudden drops to 30fps whenever more than 3 fire barrels are on screen at once. I actually tested this. I move the camera so i can see 3 barrels and it's 60fps. Once i scroll a bit to a 4th barrel, it goes 30fps.

Is there a way to make those fire effects less demanding maybe?

Is it exactly 30 fps? Are you running vsync?

Just picked the game up a couple days ago. Running a 980 with everything maxed at 1080p and I get 60 fps most of the time but occasionally get severe fluctuation between 30/60. Really frustrating and makes me not want to play anymore

UnrealEck

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
37084, 360000, 75, 133, 103.011

103 FPS average, 75 minimum.
Driving full-speed in buggy around the map.

Settings used:

Maximum, no motion blur, no film grain. 2560x1440 resolution.

Hardware used:

GTX 980 Ti
6700K stock
16GB DDR4 3200

If anyone cares, Techland recently added NVIDIA PCSS shadows and a toggle for chromatic aberration. Naturally, the game looks much better without it!

Kezen

Banned
The Rock HAS COME BACK TO NEOGAF?

lol
What ?

Yeah, it's not like they didn't know of the complaints when the game first launched. I seen many here on NeoGaf alone call the game beautiful but ruined by chromatic aberration.
Agreed, CA is way overdone here. It can fit quite well in other games (Alien Isolation) but not here.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
ROFL.

Just FYI I instantly thought of the Rock as well and I haven't watched wrestling in over 10 years.

bee

nice, took them a year but the chromatic aberration toggle is much appreciated both in terms of looks and being able to easily join multiplayer games, the patch also fixed pcss shadows for me, before when enabling that option it disabled all shadows. unfortunately it's just too intensive at 4k, played through the whole game and it very rarely dropped below 50 fps and never below 40, turned pcss on and instant 38 :( does look sweet though

Top Bottom