• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynamic Slash (Nintendo x Sandlot) announced for the Wii

duckroll

http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=11310

From the creators of Earth Defense Force and Gigantic Drive, comes a dramatic action title of Norse Mythology on the Wii!

081002_zan_02.jpg

081002_zan_03.jpg

ShinNL

Mmm, aside from the identical enemy crowd, the graphic engine seems to look pretty nice o_o

Prax

Female lead..? And published by Nintendo? *thumbs up!*

What kind of game is this though? I might want it depending on the suitability of the genre (I am not that great at games that require superior reaction/precision). My "action-ability" pretty much goes up to Tales of levels, and even then, that's mostly unstructured/nonstrategic.

Please skew to having more RPGish elements (or allow for easy-mode mashing/waggling). I need time to think!

farnham

Banned
Prax said:
Female lead..? And published by Nintendo? *thumbs up!*

What kind of game is this though? I might want it depending on the suitability of the genre (I am not that great at games that requires superior reaction/precision). My "action-ability" pretty much goes to to Tales of levels, and even then, that's mostly unstructured/nonstrategic.

Please skew to having more RPGish elements (or allow for easy-mode mashing/waggling). I need time to think!
Metroid Killer confirmed @@!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
BrodiemanTTR said:
The framerate looked awful in the short clip.

Maybe it`s because the Game is still early in development...maybe

BrodiemanTTR said:
The framerate looked awful in the short clip.
I noticed this too, I don't know if it was a capture problems or something, but framerate seemed to dip to 2 frames per seconds when the blood started to fly.

Polari

Why the fuck are people saying this looks like a MotionPlus game? The video clearly demonstrates that you slash in the direction of the pointer.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
duckroll said:
From the creators of Earth Defense Force and Gigantic Drive, comes a dramatic action title of Norse Mythology on the Wii!

So... think it will be better or worse than Too Human -- from the perspectives of gamers, GAFfers, and Dragona?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Brashnir said:
Maybe it's because this developer has a history of games with terrible framerates...maybe.

I`ve a bit of confidence since nintendo is publishin it....and it`s a 09 Game - i guess we should just wait and see ... :D

Prax

farnham said:
Metroid Killer confirmed @@!

More like Metroid.. ancestor.

Blond too! Think of the possibilities!

I'd probably prefer a different hair colour though. For a second, I kept wanting to call the character female-Link, like a Legend of Zelda, starring Zelda (Or Legend of Link: Morning Knight?)!

I'd say, it's probably not 1:1 for the normal part, but you can go into "overdrive" mode where you go bullet-time first person and it'll be 1:1 from there. Otherwise, I think it might be too weird seeing the character's arm flailing and flopping around with 1:1.

It would also be funny if they had an expert mode for M+ where you'll get damaged if you accidentally position the sword so that it would slice through you, because I picture a lot of people flailing their arms to use the sword in the most unrealistic ways.

kiryogi

Banned
It'd be nice if sandlot could pull off their games without framerate issues, but that's no problem in the end. Even with the hitches, their games are mega epic awesome. And it's so EDF norse it's not funny. The GUI is straight from EDF :D

Mdk7

So you're telling me i should go find Earth Defence Force? That it's actually a good and fun game?
I've always thought that was pure garbage. o_O

Mdk7 said:
So you're telling me i should go find Earth Defence Force? That it's actually a good and fun game?
I've always thought that was pure garbage. o_O
it is objectively awful

but I have never played a game so inexplicably fun in my life

ShockingAlberto said:
it is objectively awful
more like objectively AWESOME

Mdk7, go buy an EDF game. You'll love it.

Fantasy EDF with valkyries and giants is exactly what I want from this. Just give me an option to play without waggle and we're good.

This is going to be a fucking awesome game.

Seriously Sandlot could do a whole series of these games. First you've got the aliens and guns, now it's swords and dragons, next giant lolis and tennis rackets...who knows? I'd buy them all.

Looked pretty rough from the short footage (though some aspects of the visuals appear really solid)...Never player anything by Sandlot, but if you guys tell me that they're capable of making games which despite their roughness can still bring some good fun, then I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out.

This looks fun, but I hope this doesn't mean we won't see any more HD EDF for a while. The 360 game was good, but I need a jetpack when I kill giant bugs. Why did you take away Pale Wing, Sandlot, why?

Top Bottom