• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008: The Thread (central information aggregate, see OP)

header.png

NOTE: This thread is not for discussion. It is supposed to be an aggregate for all the news that breaks during E3. When E3 starts, posts should consist of announcements, and links to the appropriate thread to discuss the announcement in. I will then add the links to discussions under "THE DISCUSSIONS" header. Do not discuss things in here. Just post the announcements and a link to the thread to discuss them in.

Now that I got that out of the way, I hope you all enjoy this thread. I wanted to make it much easier to keep up with the happenings at E3 so m0dus and I created this thread.

Happy E3 2008!
thebigthree.png

MetalMurphy's Google Calendar of E3 2008 Press Conferences

Is your timezone not listed?? VinterBird's got you covered!
Here's a list for every conference WITH every timezone! If yours is not listed, LOOK AGAIN.

Microsoft's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 14, 2008 at 10:30 AM PST/1:30 PM EST/6:30PM UK
Live Video Feed NOTE: G4TV WILL BE PRESENTING THE BIG THREE CONFERENCES LIVE AND COMMERCIAL FREE ON THE INTERNET AS WELL AS ON TELEVISION
Text/Pic only Liveblogs

Server: irc.globalgamers.net
Channel: #gaf-e3

Nintendo's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST/5:00PM UK
*links to live video coverage*
*links to several liveblogs*

Sony's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 15, 2008 at 11:30 AM PST/2:30 PM EST/7:30PM UK

Square Enix's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 14, 2008 at 12:30 PM PST/3:30 PM EST/8:30PM UK
NO LIVE VIDEO FEEDS FOR THIS CONFERENCE
  • Gamespot link
  • Other
  • Other
NO KNOWN LIVEBLOGS AS THIS TIME.
  • Gamespot link
  • Other
  • Other

EA's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM PST/6:00 PM EST/ 11:00PM UK
G4 INTERNET VIDEO FEED ONLY

Ubisoft's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM PST/5:30 PM EST/10:30PM UK

Capcom's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 15, 2008 at 4:30 PM PST/7:30 PM EST/July 16 12:30AM UK
  • G4
  • Other
  • Other

Activision's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 15, 2008 at 8:30 PM PST/11:30 PM EST/July 16 4:30AM UK
  • G4
  • Other
  • Other

Take-Two's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 16, 2008 at 10:45 AM PST/1:45 PM EST/6:45PM UK
  • Gamespot link
  • Other
  • Other
  • Gamespot link
  • Other
  • Other

Konami's E3 2008 Press Conference
July 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM PST/5:30 PM EST/10:30PM UK
  • Gamespot link
  • Other
  • Other
  • Gamespot link
  • Other
  • Other

announcements.png

microsoft.png

THE CONFERENCE IS OVER: HERE'S THE RUN-DOWN
  • Fallout 3 is demo'd live. Exclusive DLC for XBL AND GFW. No mention of re-confirming release date.
  • Resident Evil 5 is demo'd live. Online two-player co-op revealed! Release date: Friday the 13th, March 2009.
  • Peter Molyneux announces Fable 2 is complete and scheduled for October Release. He shows off new feature: orbs that represent XBL friends locations in the overworld will allow the player to invite said player into game instantly. Game starts with the player's boy version getting shit on by a bird.
  • New Gears of War 2 Trailer Shown, Mad World has been TOPPED! CliffyB takes the stage and demos new singleplayer level. Graphics are ridiculously amazing. Announces new online mode called Horde, five players fighting off constant barrage of Locusts. Release date is November 7, 2008. Oh yeah, you can RIDE A FUCKING BRUMAK!
  • NBC Universal and MGM and Constantin Films joins XBLVM.
  • New Xbox 360 Dasbboard shown. Includes Avatars, more family friendly. Rare-created the avatars. Community channel allows eight players to "mingle" and voice chat.
  • New channel called Primetime, allows players to access Trivia games created by Endemol Entertainment. Real prizes are at stake.
  • Geometry Wars 2 Announced, releases August 6th.
  • Galaga Legions announced, releases next month. Made by the people who brought you Pacman C.E.
  • Portal:Still Alive expansion announced for 2008. Exclusive to Xbox 360.
  • South Park XBLA game announced.
  • Netflix to be accessible through XBL. If you have a Gold membership, you can join Netflix for free! You can also watch movies with eight friends!
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise trailers shown.
  • Original Banja-Kazooie to be released on the XBLA.
  • You're In the Movies game announced. Players film themselves doing various mini-games. The video captured is then added to several campy films for laughs.
  • Guitar Hero: World Tour shown. Will have over 85 tracks.
  • Lips finally announced. Developed by Inis of EBA fame the game will hit this fall and features a microphone with lights and motion-sensing. The game can read music from your Zune and iPod.
  • Rock Band 2 to feature tracks from Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy, "Tangled up in Blue" by Bob Dylan, and the heavily-requested AC/DC with "Let there be Rock" Twenty bonus tracks, all songs forward compatible, and you can export the music from Rock Band 1 to Rock Band 2.
  • Square Enix President takes the stage and drops the bombs.
  • Infinite Undiscovery is exclusive for the 360 releasing Sept 2 in US, and Sept 5 in UK.
  • Star Ocean coming to 360 Spring 2009.
  • Last Remnant shown for 360, will also be on GFW.
  • That about wraps up the show..OMG FINAL FANTASY 13 COMING TO XBOX 360 MEGATON!
*PR and screes go here*

sony.png

Conference is over, here's the low-down.
  • Ted Price live demos Resistance 2 singleplayer level. The level show Nathan Hale fighting a 300 foot all Leviathan. Pretty amazing stuff. Release window was not mentioned.
  • Little Big Planet used to show typical graphs and charts. It was amazing! Releasing this October
  • PS3 launching in Latin America.
  • PS3 Greatest Hits announced for $29.99. Greatest Hits includes Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Call of Duty 3, Fight Night Round 3, Need for Speed: Carbon, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, and Ninja Gaiden.
  • 130 PS2 games coming this year, includes Yakuza 2, Force Unleashed, NCAA Football, Tiger Woods, Warriors Orochi 2, Singstar Pop vol. 2, Madden, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.
  • New Lego Batman PS2 Bungle. Comes with PSTwo Slim, Lego Batman, and Justice League movie. $149
  • Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty announced for PSN. "Sequel" to Ratchet and Clank Future. It is going to be short, with a summer blockbuster mentality. $14.99 this Summer.
  • PSN Montage shows Crash Commando(new), Fat Princess(new), Pixeljunk: Eden, Pain: Amusement Park, Flower, Siren: Blood Curse, Ragdoll Kung-Fu: Fists of Plastic(new).
  • Gran Turismo TV to include PPV car shows, such as Top Gear. Starting August 1st.
  • Home shown again. Game specific spaces for Uncharted, Resistance, and Warkhawk shown.
  • PS3 Movie Service announced. Sony, Fox, MGM, Lions Gate, Warner, Disney, Paramount, Turner, and Funimation are all on-board. TV starts at $1.99. offering both rental and sales. 9.99-14.99 for purchases, 2.99 to 5.99 for rentals. Available today with more content coming each week.
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters PSP bundle announced. Includes Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, a silver PSP, 1GB MemoryStick Duo, National Treasure 2 UMD, and voucher to download echochrome. Available this fall.
  • Resistance Retribution announced for the PSP. Third person shooter, hitting Spring 2009.
  • PSP Montage shows Star Wars, Madden, LocoRoco, NBA, Lego Batman, Patapon 2, Buzz Quiz game, and Valykyria.
  • Life with Playstation announced for PS3 in Hong Kong. Gives weather, news and other information to your PS3.
  • Jim Lee of SOE shows trailer for DC Universe Online.
  • 80GB PS3 for $399 with current functionality of 40GB.
  • God of War 3 trailer shown.
  • Infamous gameplay trailer shown. Spring 2009
  • MAG(Massive Action Game) announced, coming from Zipper Interactive(SOCOM guys). 256 player online battles! Players broken down to squads of 8. CG trailer shown.
*PR and screens go here*

nintendo.png

It's over. In more ways than one.
  • Shaun White Snowboarding from Ubisoft announced. Uses Balanceboard and Wii-mote+Nunchaku
  • Satoru Iwata comes out and talks statistics. Basically Nintendo is owning the competition and more girls are playing every year.
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk announced for Wii. Will be hitting this Fall. Includes WiiSpeak, a multi-directional microphone that can be placed on top of the TV to allow private chat. You can invite friends into your town, and can go to the city to customize your character.
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, and Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party shown, and Call of Duty: World at War announced for Wii
  • Spore Creatures, Cooking Navi announced for DS. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars coming to DS as well.
  • More statistics.
  • Wii Sports Resort announced, uses the Wii MotionPlus. Three mini-games demo'd: frisbee, jet-skiing, and sword fighting. Coming out Spring 2009.
  • Wii Music announced. 50 instruments. Uses Wiimote+nunchaku and the Balance Board. Two modes: Casual mode which is just flailing to play music, and a more hardcore mode that could potentially teach you to learn an instrument.
  • That's all folks.
*PR and screens go here*

Third Party(will be broken down into specific companies as announcements roll in)

Square Enix Conference
Ended up being a lame Q&A
  • Final Fantasy Versus 13 is still PS3 exclusive
  • Working on Japanese version of FF13 first, then will port it to the 360 and localize.

EA Conference
IT'S OVER HERE'S THE SCOOP
  • Sim Animals announced for Wii and DS. Get your furry on.
  • Sims 3 announced for 2009. Boasting very advanced personality, graphics are quite impressive.
  • Dead Space shown, looks awesome as usual. October 21st for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
  • Mirror's Edge gameplay shown. Looks very good.
  • Will Wright talks about Spore. Creature Creator was a huge success reached their end of year goal of one million creatures in less than 22 hours.
  • NBA 09 shown, boasting something called "Dynamic DNA"
  • All-play version of Tiger Wood's shown for Wii.
  • Announces Nucleus. A cross-platform, cross-game identity. Over 29 titles will support at launch.
  • Rupture announced. Players can challenge others to user-generated achievement.s
  • iPhone games shown. Tiger Woods and Need For Speed announced for iPhone.
  • Bioware shows Dragon Age:Origins. Coming to PC first, consoles later.
  • Left 4 Dead shown. Release date November 4th PC and 360. Character designs over-hauled to make them look like everyday people.
  • id Software becomes EA Partner. Rage to be published by EA.

UBISOFT CONFERENCE

• Raving Rabbids 2 TV Party shown. Uses Balance Board. Coming November to Wii and DS.
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway live demo'd, coming out September.
  • 2008 is the tenth anniversary of Tom Clancy. 55 million Tom Clancy games sold.
  • End War trailer shown.
  • FarCry 2 live demo shown. Coming Holiday 2008.
  • Tween girl games shown. Don't actually make me write what stupid kid games they announced, just know that one of them was called Ener-G and another involved breeding dogs. Yeah, it was great.
  • Shaun White Snowboarding shown for next-gen. Loading screen is a half-pipe that you can board on. Whole mountain is available at the start. Flags allow you to instantly jump to any part of the mountain you flagged. Xbox Live play allows people to hop in and out and snowboard together, as well as throw snowballs.
  • Prince of Persia trailer'd and demo'd. Looks phenomenal, coming this Holiday 2008.
  • I Am Alive trailer shown. Natural-disaster survival game. Spring 2009.

discussions.png

Microsoft

Sony

Nintendo

podcasts.png

1UP Show
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday

1UP Yours
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday

GFW Radio
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday

GameTrailer's The Bonus Round
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday

Giant Bombcast
blankfooter.png

duckroll

I'm sorry. You sir, are a failure. I deleted ONE post, I'm not deleting anymore. You could have waited, and I would have arranged something. *sigh*

DrEvil

not a medical professional
FYI: There is a Nintendo Developer's roundtable on Wednesday night, starts at 6:30pm PST.

There's no recording devices allowed, but I imagine people may be liveblogging or reporting from said event, if laptops and wifi are allowed.

Teddman

snack said:
I didn't get second post, and all the info wouldn't fit in the first. So we made a new thread where I was going to get second post in order to fit all the information. It's not your fault you didn't know. Hopefully duckroll can delete your post, if not we will deal.

DUCKROLL DELETE THE OTHERS ABOVE ME JUST IN CASE.
duckroll said:
I'm sorry. You sir, are a failure. I deleted ONE post, I'm not deleting anymore. You could have waited, and I would have arranged something. *sigh*
These kinds of threads really should be started on a hidden Testing Board forum or in the Mod forum and then moved over to Gaming Discussion when they're ready. It's how I build big topics at OA when I want complete control before it goes live.

duckroll said:
:lol :lol :lol
Alright. That is fine. I didn't even know you could arrange things to make it work, but that's fine. I am sorry about the cluster-fuck, thanks for helping me fix my mess.

Attempt two is much better :lol

Man, I can't wait. I'm going to be checking my phone during class so much for the MS press conference :lol

duckroll

In the current state, this thread will not last until E3. I'm locking this until Sunday, then I'll unlock it. This will remain the E3 thread, but only when E3 is about to start.

Amir0x

Banned
Welcome to E3?

Looks like you're taking the place of my epic SYNOPSIS threads. Good luck to you, that shit is exhaustive. Will bookmark this thread.

sphinx

the piano man
Amir0x said:
Welcome to E3?

Looks like you're taking the place of my epic SYNOPSIS threads. Good luck to you, that shit is exhaustive. Will bookmark this thread.

dear mods, just to set things straight:

is this thread the only E3 thread allowed from now on or is any megatonic big announcement getting it's own thread?

would a new zelda unveilment deserve its own thread, for example?

how is it going to be?

Nooreo

You should add the IRC channel OP.

Also isn't their already a thread about E3? oh nvm thats to find out where all the coverage is.

sphinx said:
dear mods, just to set things straight:

is this thread the only E3 thread allowed from now on or is any megatonic big announcement getting it's own thread?

would a new zelda unveilment deserve its own thread, for example?

how is it going to be?
Think of this page as NeoGAF's E3 Table of Contents. You come here to find out about the announcements, and where they are being discussed and then you move on your way. This is not meant to be a place of discussion, it is a place to POINT you to where the real discussion is happening.

Make threads as you normally would during E3. I will then add them into my thread, that way everyone can get a glimpse of what has happened at E3 so far, and can go to the topics that they would like to discuss.

Nooreo said:
You should add the IRC channel OP.

Also isn't their already a thread about E3? oh nvm thats to find out where all the coverage is.
Well, that is partially the purpose of this thread as well, but I guess the other guy didn't see this thread because it was locked until the night of E3. This is your one-stop shop.
Costanza said:
It sucks that I have class during the conferences. Oh well.
Didn't you just get an iPhone. Just keep refreshing this page and I'll have you covered. :D

Costanza

Banned
snack said:
Didn't you just get an iPhone. Just keep refreshing this page and I'll have you covered. :D
Yeah I'll definitely be checking once in a while but I really wish I could watch them live on G4 :)

Costanza said:
Yeah I'll definitely be checking once in a while but I really wish I could watch them live on G4 :)
Well, their is a free application called vSnax in the App Store that allows you to watch streaming videos from several websites, one of which is GameTrailers. I don't know how quickly that app updates, but you might be able to catch some of the videos from there.

Teknoman

IGN's livewire is going to have some kind of roundtable this evening. Then after them, Gamespy editors are going to have a discussion.

Teknoman said:
IGN's livewire is going to have some kind of roundtable this evening. Then after them, Gamespy editors are going to have a discussion.
I am debating whether to include that stuff or not. This thread is going to get pretty crowded with info in the next couple of days, so I am trying to be very smart about what I am going to add. I think I might skip out on the prE3 discussions for the sake of conserving space within the thread. You are more than welcome to compile a post with all the prE3 content you know of, and I will happily link to the post in this thread, but I don't think my post is going to hold all the info as is.

Amir0x

Banned
I have work during all the conferences, but it's kind of a relief. I don't want to be around for it this year.

Teknoman

snack said:
I am debating whether to include that stuff or not. This thread is going to get pretty crowded with info in the next couple of days, so I am trying to be very smart about what I am going to add. I think I might skip out on the prE3 discussions for the sake of conserving space within the thread. You are more than welcome to compile a post with all the prE3 content you know of, and I will happily link to the post in this thread, but I don't think my post is going to hold all the info as is.

I might, but now that I think about it...it'll probably just be more speculation and random jokes than anything else.

Gowans

great OP.

Cannot wait for the onslaught to begin, unfortunately I'm at a friends birthday meal on Monday but will be running back and using my new iPhone to keep upto date.

Hope we all have great things to look forward to.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Sweet, I'll get to see all of the conferences this week. Nice OP by the way.

yurinka said:
I think G4 is the oficial broadcast sponsor (live video feed of everything) of e3.
I think a link should be posted in the OP:
http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/index.html

Didn't they say that their broadcast would be commercial free this year? Last time it was a joke; cutting to commercial in the middle of trailers and shit.

yurinka

purg3 said:
Sweet, I'll get to see all of the conferences this week. Nice OP by the way.

Didn't they say that their broadcast would be commercial free this year? Last time it was a joke; cutting to commercial in the middle of trailers and shit.
I'm sorry I don't know. This will be my first year following live with streaming the conferences. They say:
"With over 17 hours of live coverage on G4 – including COMMERCIAL FREE coverage of the Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo press conferences – its going to be quite a week."

Zilch

Banned
Uh... Metalmurphy's calendar of E3 conferences (linked in OP) makes no sense. Right? Am I reading it wrong?

Zilch said:
Uh... Metalmurphy's calendar of E3 conferences (linked in OP) makes no sense. Right? Am I reading it wrong?
What do you mean? You need to press right on the arrows since it's showing the current week by default :p

Damnation. I have class during the big three and Square-Enix (though I can probably catch the end of S-E and MS).

I'll at least watch Capcom, Konami, and possibly Activision (like hell I'm watching UbiSoft).

Top Bottom