• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008: The Thread (central information aggregate, see OP)

Costanza

Banned
I'm gonna miss most of the Sony conference... what site has had the most reliable liveblog so I can check it on my phone?

domlolz said:
Hopefully Sony have an interesting conference to save this E3

Hm...
Awesome Next Gen games get demoed in person.
Rock Band reveals the best set list in music game history.
Earth shattering announcements get announced.

This e3 needs about as much saving as a lifeguard in the Sahara.

(That being said, I hope Sony has an interesting conference, too.)

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
domlolz said:
Hopefully Sony have an interesting conference to save this E3
EA's conference saved it already. I just don't think enough people were paying attention (or don't care about PC games). EA has so many of the best games coming out. Best publisher out there right now looking forward.

Haunted

Microsoft Conference: 7/10 without FFXIII, 9/10 with. Love those betrayaltons.
Nintendo Conference: 2/10
Sony Conference: ?/10

Bring it!

domlolz

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
EA's conference saved it already. I just don't think enough people were paying attention (or don't care about PC games). EA has so many of the best games coming out. Best publisher out there right now looking forward.

In regards to the big 3 :)

I agree,EA have a strong lineup and with id joining forces with them aswell

Haunted One said:
Microsoft Conference: 7/10 without FFXIII, 9/10 with. Love those betrayaltons.
Nintendo Conference: 2/10
Sony Conference: ?/10

Bring it!

I'd lower Microsoft's score and maybe give Nintendo 1 more point for the Motionplus(and the WiiMusic drumming)
Final Fantasy wasn't that big a deal,well to some it is

NTom64 said:
Not sure what thread to post this in, but this one seems like the best option. This has probably been posted already but ehhhh the search function ain't working, so here it is:

Sonic Unleashed NEW trailer [WereHog footage]

Quality's pretty shitty but then again it's a youtube vid :lol
At first I was angry at them just making sonic an on rails speed game, then the first 1/3 of that video I was happy, then the werehog happend and the gameplay went to slower speed's then tails in sonic next.

DEAR ME WTF.

domlolz

Banned
Shit all around

biggest announcement,a game which we've not seen anything new of for like ages is now multiplatform

MEGATON!

If it wasn't for the 3rd party games, this E3 would've been terrible. RE5, PoP, Ghostbusters, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, FarCry 2, ID's Rage, Alpha Protocol and hopefully Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Splinter Cell 5 trailers will have sealed the deal.

nib95

Banned
Sony may have had a lot more content, but they really dropped the ball with CGI BS and with too little emphasis on the PS3 (no new megatons, we should have at least seen gameplay of GOW3/Team ICO's game). here's how I rate the conferences.

Microsoft - 6/10 (no real new IP's (outside of Lips and Portal 2), but the FFXIII announcement was big, and the new GoW2 stuff was fantastic). At least they demoed games though.

Sony - 6/10
(New IP wise, GOW3, MAD, tonnes of awesome PSP games and some good/great PSN games announced, but otherwise failure on the PS3 retail game front, especially with the CGI, new Resistance 2/Booty/InFamous stuff was sweet though)

Nintendo 1/10 (Possibly the worst press conference ever. catered almost soley to the casual, of which I'm not a part of, so it was near pointless)

Tbh. They all sucked. Microsoft for relying on their one big megaton being a PS3 game (lol), Sony for thinking CGI trailers still bode well and are a good way to showcase ground breaking new IP's (lol) and Nintendo for completely alienating their hardcore fanbase (ultra lol).

E3 see ya, Liepzig here I come!!!

domlolz

Banned
nib95 said:
Tbh. They all sucked. Microsoft for relying on their one big megaton being a PS3 game (lol), Sony for thinking CGI trailers still bode well and are a good way to showcase ground breaking new IP's (lol) and Nintendo for completely alienating their hardcore fanbase (ultra lol).

pretty good review tbh

Gabe talked about Left 4 Dead at the EA conference yesterday, redesigned player models.

Anyway PC won e3 by barely taking part.

MS
previously announced game content: A lot of live demos and FF13 megaton
new game content: F+ zero new games, besides xbl titles
additional services/products: B+ new dashboard and Live functionality, alot of ripoffs, but good stuff.

Nintendo
previously announced game content: F- awful shit
new game content: F- garbage
additional services/products: F- add-on that does nothing for me

Sony
previously announced game content: B A lot of game footage but no live demos besides LBP
new game content: B- Four new real games and a few new PSN games
additional services/products: B- new video store

akachan ningen said:
MS
new game content: F+ zero new games, besides xbl titles
additional services/products: B+ new dashboard and Live functionality, alot of ripoffs, but good stuff.

Nintendo
previously announced game content: F- awful shit

Sony
previously announced game content: B A lot of game footage but no live demos besides LBP
new game content: B- Four new real games and a few new PSN games
additional services/products: B- new video store

I'd Go with this.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
MS 8/10 - Concentrated on demoing what they had (which is a nice variety of games from 1st/3rd party developers and not just shooters), FFXIII MEGATON, the iNiS thing that works with iPod might be neat, Gears 2 demo rocked all other conference demos.

Sony 4/10 - Seen all of the stuff coming out this year many times before, Sony Bend's new game is nice, too much on MGS4, too much of beyond 2008.

Nintendo 0.1/10 - :lol

P.S. This is just for the conferences of course. E3 is not over.

nib95

Banned
akachan ningen said:
---

MS
new game content: F+ zero new games, besides xbl titles and Lips
additional services/products: B- new dashboard and Live functionality, a lot of rip-offs, but good stuff.

Nintendo
previously announced game content: F- awful ****

Sony
new game content: B- Four new real games and a few new PSN/PSP games (too much CGI)
additional services/products: B+ new video store (with PSP integration), life with Playstation

Fixed

xemumanic

So how do we watch the Ubisoft and Capcom conferences?

Does anyone know whats going on with GameSpot's streaming show? It should have started a bit ago

Microsoft

-Presentation: To say the least, they tried too hard. The casual gamer focused second half almost killed the entire thing. The first half wasted too much time on Fallout 2, which looks horrible. D

-Games: Microsoft has games. We went in knowing this and they delivered. Gears 2 looks absolutely amazing, the RE5 demo was great, etc. BUT it's a shame they didn't show off anything new, or older stuff we haven't heard much about like Alan Wake. B

-X Factor: While they didn't wow us with any new exclusive titles Microsoft stole the show with the gaming coup of the decade. A

-Overall: Little new stuff and too much emphasis on ripping off Nintendo, but demos of GOW2 and RE5 displayed they still had the games. And then there was FFXIII. A-

Nintendo

-Presentation: We've seen this dog and pony show before, and just like last time it fell flat. Nintendo's conference was aimed at getting mentions in the New York Times and discussed on The View, not at you or me. D

-Games: What games? Nintendo highlighted a slightly revised version of Wii Sports which seemed more like an expansion pack than a new title, and a music game so far behind the genre it barely deserves mention. To make matters worse, Nintendo showed off three underwhelming third party titles as if they proved developers are excited about the console. How does another Call of Duty title, a Star Wars game, and another Rayman-game-that-actually-isn't-Rayman title do anything but add fuel to the argument that maybe developers aren't interested in the Wii afterall. F

-X Factor:The 1:1 Wiimote add on is great, but seems like something that should be implemented into future controllers instead of being another additional peripheral to purchase. C-

-Overall: An embarrassment from a company that's clearly content in the fact that it can do whatever it wants and still dominate the market. The Wii and DS own the charts around the world, and while titles like Wii Sports "Resort" will continue that dominance, they won't do anything to entertain hardcore gamers. F

Sony

-Presentation:
Very slick, very cool presentation, Sony's conference was solid but not spectacular in any way. Unlike the other companies Sony focused strictly on games, and they backed that up with amazing presentations like Resistance 2 and MAG. The PS2 and PSP presentations seemed more filler than anything but overall it was solid. B

-Games: As I said above, Sony brought the goods. Resistance 2 looked great, ran smooth, etc. The highlighted PSN titles also looked good. There wasn't anything utterly amazing but the big titles look fun, which is what gaming is about. B

-X Factor: Many expected Sony to somehow respond to the FFXIII debacle. Would it be Twisted Metal? Or God of War 3? Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3? Sony instead focused on games we've known about for some time, and the only GOW3 news game by means of a CG trailer. They just couldn't regain any momentum for whatever reason. D

-Overall: Despite the lack of any "megaton" announcement Sony had a solid conference that answered questions and provided games for gamers. They stayed in their element, didn't force anything, and provided a good (albeit long) presentation. B

Guys, so sorry about the delay at getting the feeds up for Ubisoft. I totally spaced on the Ubi conference, and I was taking a break for the Capcom one.

I'm so sorry.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
MS 8/10. The only decent conference.
Sony 5/10. Just meh all around. Would been 3 but LBP is worth 20% of the whole grade:lol
Nintendo 1/10. turned this one off after about 5minutes...so bad

Wizpig said:
Did you guys see the new Sonic Unleashed E3 trailer?
Game of the forever.

No, seriously, it's awesome!

Link please.

Just finished with the Ubi Conference, WOW Prince of Persia looks stunning. The animation is superb and the overall art style is top notch. Really looking forward to this one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DancingJesus said:
Link please.

Just finished with the Ubi Conference, WOW Prince of Persia looks stunning. The animation is superb and the overall art style is top notch. Really looking forward to this one.
Stream?!

yurinka

In almost an hour there is Capcom's conference nope? At least is what I understand from G4tv page.
Edit : I readed now the OP. Yes.

fin

My E3 ranks:

MS = **1st place**

Cool exlcusive games for the Fall: Fable 2, BK:N&B, Viva 2, GOW2, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant. New dashboard features is a plus.

Sony = 2nd place

2008 year of PS3????
(maybe 2009)
R2 and LBP maybe SOCOM will be the ones I'm picking up this fall.
2009 looks good MAG, Infamous, 1st party Japanese developed games, KZ2 etc.

Nintendo = 3rd :(

If WiiSports 2 is $29.99 with the WiiMotion I'm in.

Top Bottom