• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 gifs/Photoshops Thread

Shiggie

2ez7jfp.png

fucking awesome.:lol :lol

KevinCow said:
I want to shop the Kratos/Helios gif to make it look like Kratos is just helping Winnie the Pooh get his head unstuck from a honey jar.

But alas, I am lazy.
If you supply the GIFs, I will supply the productivity (or anti).

octopusman said:
Tell me how to separate an animated GIF and I'll make that Kojima ? and ! edit that everyone wants.

From the Internets:
Choose File > Import > Video Frames to Layers
In the file browser in Windows, type *.* in the File Name and press Enter or click Load.

It will not open any file, but it will view every file without restriction of Type of Files.
Open your animated GIF files, it will show you a dialog box regarding the imports. Press OK to import as default.
Voila! The file is opened in animation frames.

For the new page:

GT5t0.jpg

GT5t3.jpg

Judderman

drawer by drawer
rocK` said:
I don't know where that guy is from :(

He was Yamauchi's translator during the Sony press conference. He would just be writing on his little notepad and just looked bored.

CTLance

octopusman said:
Tell me how to separate an animated GIF and I'll make that Kojima ? and ! edit that everyone wants.
Open the gif in gimp and it will give you each frame as a layer. Working on each and every frame is a bit of a chore though, but what do I know, I'm not good with the photoshops.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Hope we find something else from E3 to exploit before The Translator bit gets completely played out.

sullytao

Oh man this thread is legendary. Iv been crying with laughter for the last 30 minutes. There better be 40 pages when I wake up tomorrow or there will be trouble :D

Holy shit! I'm in an airport lounge, waiting for a the next flight after having missed our booked flight (and being charged up the ass by Qantas to rebook). And I am losing my shit at the translator guy. Bravo Gaf! I fucking needed this.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I <3 translator guy. He's the new LIPS guy.

Woffls

Yoboman said:

This was brilliant. Great work gaf, good quantities of rofl all round.

I might have a shop at something tomorrow, I quite literally have nothing better to do with my time.

Helllloooo!
21kb1og.png

The translator dude looks like such a nice fellow. I felt sorry for him during the conference when he stuttered and thought the notebook was a good thing.

KongRudi

Banned
Can someone make a 'side-by-side gif-video' where the MS dude show the underside of the avatar's shoe, but somehow make the foot and arms of the real person flail in the same angles as the avatar?
And it would be extra cool if you saw the avatar rolling off the E3-stage in a wheelchair-at the end. :)

Zilch

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
:lol

And LMAO@ the posters put off by the GOW3 gifs. Did you guys ever play mortal Kombat? Or watch an action/thriller movie with a rating over PG-13? That shit is not that bad. Grow some balls ffs.

The difference is that 16-bit MK doesn't look real.

GOW3 looks disturbingly real (and I liked the first one, the only one I've played).

People aren't pussies because realistic gore disturbs them.

It's natural gore progression to me. People love Gears gore and Ninja Gaiden 2 gore.
Eventually more games will have this level or even higher level of gore.

Zilch

Banned
Seeing those GIFs made me realize that probably within the next 10 years some games will feature violence that will look like one human killing another human... like, in real-life.

I wonder how ratings boards will handle that.

I look forward to it. Mature games for the adults with so much violence and gore it scares the crap out of the kids.

I even hate scary movie in general. With this kind of gore maybe the survival horror genre can get a boost also.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Zilch said:
The difference is that 16-bit MK doesn't look real.

GOW3 looks disturbingly real (and I liked the first one, the only one I've played).

People aren't pussies because realistic gore disturbs them.
So again I ask have you people seen an action/thriller movie with an R rating in your life time? Those type of movies are as real as it gets.

I'm guessing some of these guys put off by this also didn't see classic movies such as Seven, Predator, Saving Private Ryan, nightmare on elm street, American Psycho, Robocop, Gladiator etc etc etc

It's preposterous to suggest GOW3 is somehow crossing some invisible line of going too far when there are things that are just as bad and worse that are deemed "classics".

Is it gruesome, brutal, and over the top? Absolutely. Is it ok to be turned off by that, yes. But I don't like when people try to belittle a game because of it's violent tendencies, especially when other forms of entertainment offer something much more real.

Zilch

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
So again I ask have you people seen an action/thriller movie with an R rating in your life time? Those type of movies are as real as it gets.

I'm guessing some of these guys put off by this also didn't see classic movies such as Seven, Predator, Saving Private Ryan, nightmare on elm street, American Psycho, Robocop, Gladiator etc etc etc

It's preposterous to suggest GOW3 is somehow crossing some invisible line of going too far when there are things that are just as bad and worse that are deemed "classics".

Is it gruesome, brutal, and over the top? Absolutely. Is it ok to be turned off by that, yes. But I don't like when people try to belittle a game because of it's violent tendencies, especially when other forms of entertainment offer something much more real.

Pretty sure people are only expressing disgust at a disgusting thing, and there is no belittling going on.

This is getting pretty off-topic, but I am personally grossed out/disgusted by violence in some movies. Watchmen, for example. But it's part of the experience.

I thought the head ripping looked pretty cool! :lol

I guess that means I'm going to end up a serial killer.

I've only once been somewhat disturbed by movie violence, during "Reversible" when some dude smashes another's face in with a fire extinguisher. It looked so damn real.

Oh, and the burning scene in Silent Hill was pretty bad too!

Top Bottom