• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

BruceLeeRoy said:
6fdjplz9yho8rr4xbpmo_2nlinecreenshot01.png

Holy Shit. This is the best looking game ever.

Fuck me.

Doesn't the BETA start today?

3rd June in Australia today, and it apparently starts for us today so YEAH!!!!!! I got in through work, absolutely rapt.

WinFonda

Did you see how visibly excited Evan Wells was after he showed that U2 demo? He was about to do cartwheels as he went off stage. He knew he impressed the fuck out of that crowd.

oneHeero

LCfiner said:
no, I never said that.

wait, did I? I can't remember and can't search. I don't think MGS raiden is a megaton.
I dont know if you did, lol, I was just pointing it out. I this the FF is megaton but because its another MMO not just SP.
Gary Whitta said:
Really? During Beatles Rock Band @ 360 briefing:
During Modern Warfare 2:

I was being mildly sarcastic, but nonetheless, how did you search for that lol :(
Although you have taken numerous jabs at sony this e3 when MS had a great conference and play it like sony had just a decent conference.

Both conference are either tied or 1 will 1up the either based off your personal opinion, but no one should say 1 blows the other out or edges the other out as fact(I've said sony won though personally).

XTERC

Calling the Uncharted 2 pictures bullshots has probably made a lot of people at Naughty Dog very happy. How do you want your crow? Seasoned with Bitter Tears?

Don

I can't believe how good Uncharted 2 looks. The gameplay demonstration for Uncharted 2 was the most impressive thing of E3 for me.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Stop It said:
Take your goggles off, and anyway FF XIV looks to be a PC MMO with a PS3 version, Agent is a name and nothing else and most of the games we seen are 2010 titles.

Also, if you consider the 2 titles above as the best Sony have to offer, you also have to accept that Sony have went against their previous statements that they don't buy 3rd party exclusives any more, because those seem to be exactly that.

2009 is the year of the PSP, but will PS3 survive playing 2nd fiddle until 2010?
so saying that you can say everything MS showed was also expected.... I was arguing with him because he said MS had the most surprises... Crackdown 2 was speculated daily on gaf not to mention the camera motion control.. SONY's wand was much less known ...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Loudninja said:
By the why were people getting mad at the clapping? :lol
I guess because Nintendo had virtually no clapping at all during their conference.

They were dead silent in there. I really don't have a clue why.

Shurs

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Like I've said, all Nintendo needed to show was Zelda and or Icarus and they actually would have won.

Nintendo gives you new 2d and 3d Mario games, plus a new take on Metroid and you're complaining that there's no Kid Icarus? Yeah dude, you have your priorities straight.

Dragon

Banned
chubigans said:
I guess because Nintendo had virtually no clapping at all during their conference.

They were dead silent in there. I really don't have a clue why.

I think the mic was broken in their conference. That's the rumor :)

FUCK ME. Did anyone really expect we would see games that look this good. I mean honestly I thought after I played KZ2 and Gears 2 it wasn't going to get any better.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that these are legit.

Shurs said:
Nintendo gives you new 2d and 3d Mario games, plus a new take on Metroid and you're complaining that there's no Kid Icarus? Yeah dude, you have your priorities straight.

Who's complaining.

I'm saying Zelda OR Icarus would have tipped them over the edge to being a winner. I've put way more praise on Nintendo than most members here.

Don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about.

BruceLeeRoy said:
FUCK ME. Did anyone really expect we would see games that look this good. I mean honestly I thought after I played KZ2 and Gears 2 it wasn't going to get any better.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that these are legit.

So... Are you going to make the Official thread for uncharted 2?

Shurs

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Who's complaining.

I'm saying Zelda OR Icarus would have tipped them over the edge to being a winner. I've put way more praise on Nintendo than most members here.

Don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about.

Please explain what makes Kid Icarus such a hot property?

Shurs said:
Please explain what makes Kid Icarus such a hot property?

So you never played the original? How can I explain that a classic game is a classic game and that wanting a remake is only natural?

fuck, there's no point.

This thread is as bad as the Killzone 2 one.

Surprised there was no Ratchet, Heavy Rain, White Knight or any of the other numerous games we know are being developed. Obviously they already had a shit ton of content during the conference, I just wished they had cut out all of those shitty montages (although the PSP one had loads of new footage in it, it was tiny as all hell). I mean seriously, they bothered to show an old Home montage.

Top Bottom