• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Schedule and News Summary -- JUNE 15-17

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-ceo-john-riccitiello-talks-e3-online-pass-3d-gaming-and-more/

IG: On a related matter, I almost sort of separate this out, have you seen Nintendo’s 3DS personally? Have you actually had a chance? Have they given you access?

JR: It’s like one of these things here where with Nintendo where you’ve got to be very careful here because they’ve got a lot to say at E3, and I want to be careful to not accidentally transgress an NDA. I will tell you, I’ve seen it; it’s cool.

IG: OK, well, that’s good to hear. (Laughter)

PR person: Next question.

Nice to hear and the PR person :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

imtehman said:
BELIEVE IT OR NOT I"M WATCHING E3!
Believe it or not, I'm watchin' E3!
'Cause the Internet streams are free-hee-hee.
Bombs are droppin' at the shows and the floor!
What could it be?
Believe it or not it's E3...

To me it looks like I'll go to gametrailers for any E3 footage and Neogaf for the discussion.

I can already see how much of a clusterfuck of news IGN's E3 section is gonna be, while GT seems awesome with the cool interface(Newest, Must See, Daily Wraps, Game Debuts, Walkthroughs, Trailers, Gameplay, Interviews)

[Nintex]

TheOddOne said:
Gametrailer promo says: ''Don't miss a shocking suprise with one of the most legandary names in games unveils his top secret new project for the first time.''
Shigeru Miyamoto - The Legend of Zelda

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

It's probably

Iizuka with Sonic the Hedgehog: Episode 2

TheOddOne said:
Gametrailer promo says: ''Don't miss a shocking suprise with one of the most legandary names in games unveils his top secret new project for the first time.''
It's so lame they are using a Super Model as a co-host :lol Just goes to show that gamers are mainly horny male nerds. What's next? Elijah Wood to host the Natal show?

Metroid Killer said:
It's so lame they are using a Super Model as a co-host :lol Just goes to show that gamers are mainly horny male nerds. What's next? Elijah Wood to host the Natal show?
Nah, he already launched the 360, Justin Bieber obviously.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
TheOddOne said:
You people are clueless, Michael Cera is gonna present it.

Lady GaGa and Obama pls.

TheOddOne said:

Why is it that the most exciting thing in that promo was the promise of Edgar Fucking Wright presenting Scott Motherfucking Pilgrim vs the Fucking World: The Sodding Game?

Edeuinu said:
do they have any e3 streaming sites for iphones? ill be in obx all next week =(
Well if G4, GT, IGN or GS would be in HTML 5 you would be ok but I thing everything is flash based so I think you are out of luck :(, but everything will be on Youtube very quickly though.

Biff

Edeuinu said:
Yeah, I'm really looking for a mobile solution as well.

Work's internet filters are crafty in blocking any and all gaming sites.
All but GAF, for some reason :)
Those three listed in OP are blocked for sure.

VPN is out of the question. Out of all the valid reasons to lose my job, installing a VPN client on a company computer to watch an E3 press conference is quite low on my list.

ChefRamsay said:
Yeah, I'm really looking for a mobile solution as well.

Work's internet filters are crafty in blocking any and all gaming sites.
All but GAF, for some reason :)
Those three listed in OP are blocked for sure.
And GAF will be down most of the first two days..... :(
CNET (parent company of Gamespot) has a lot of HTML 5 already on they sites but I think most players are still flash :(. I know IGN uses a differnt system but it has a plugin so no go for the phone or company pc I'm afraid :(.

Edeuinu said:
This was something that was asked last year too, and from what I can tell, not much has changed in terms of options.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363582

1. Ustream app for iPhone and Android - Probably your best bet for live streaming video (Since a couple of stream will probably go up), though this isn't saying much. I just tried the Android version, and when I tried to view the PBS oil spill stream, the video would buffer a couple times then crash. EDIT: I should also mention the Justin.tv app for iPhone, as sites like 1up tend to host their streams on Justin.tv.
2. Wait for the videos to be posted on Youtube, which may not take too long.

The rest of these options are text-based.

3. LiveBlogs - There are a couple of text-based live-blogs that usually come to mind, like IGN or Eurogamer.
4. Twitter - There'll probably be a couple folks attending the conferences and tweeting updates, sort of like a live-blog, but I'm not sure who these people usually are.
5. NeoGAF - Probably the last-resort option, since as mentioned before, the servers will most likely be swamped during the major press conference days of E3. Of course, it would be worth mentioning that mobile-oriented version*: http://secondapps.com/neogaf/

* Though its usefulness would be quite limited if GAF hits a swarm of 500s.

Nintendo has its annual evening developer roundtable at 6 PM on Tuesday.

Something usually happens here: Smash Bros. reveal in 2006, impromptu Pikmin announcement in 2008, Legend of Zelda reveal in 2009.

Doesn't mean any big news will happen this time, but there will be liveblogs so it's worth noting.

Mikey Jr.

Besides television, where are you guys going to go to watch the conferences live?

1. Gamespot
2. IGN
3. Gametrailers

Are there any others? I know g4 has it, but I don't have g4.

Gametrailers has the potential, but last year was kinda bad. Freezing and slowdowns and a lot of shit. But, they had the best resolution. If they can make it smooth, this one will be the best.

Gamespot is a tank. Reliable and the most up to date, but the resolution is mehh at best.

IGN is good too, but they are too far behind. It was like 30 seconds or something behind last time. Definitely not a great place to watch and browse GAF at the same time.

Mikey Jr. said:
Besides television, where are you guys going to go to watch the conferences live?
Always Gamespot for me, works 99% of the time GT will be better this year from want we have seen, and IGN is a pure backup for me.
First and Seccond day GAF will be down so I have to rely on live blogs + streams.

Mikey Jr. said:
I remember using 1UP last year. I think they used justintv or livestream instead of their own player and I did not experience any video problems.

weeman_com

Neo Member
GDGF said:
chiwatabomb6di.jpg
A bit late but meh :p
bullet_bill.gif

Garjon

Mikey Jr. said:

1. Gamespot
2. IGN
3. Gametrailers

Are there any others? I know g4 has it, but I don't have g4.

Gametrailers has the potential, but last year was kinda bad. Freezing and slowdowns and a lot of shit. But, they had the best resolution. If they can make it smooth, this one will be the best.

Gamespot is a tank. Reliable and the most up to date, but the resolution is mehh at best.

IGN is good too, but they are too far behind. It was like 30 seconds or something behind last time. Definitely not a great place to watch and browse GAF at the same time.
Definitely No. 3.
Gamespot has the best coverage ALWAYS. I fear the annoying commentary between shows on G4 and the horrible Flash of Gametrailers, so Gamespot kinda gets a snug fit. Or should I say would have, only due to exclusivity, some pressers will only be shown on one channel. A personal FU from me to that.

Relix, here are some potential streaming sites, and I updated the schedule: removed Valve's conference due to its cancellation, added the Natal event, cleaned up the list by removing the words "Press Conference" from all but the big three, and made the big three stick out a bit more with bullet-points. As for the stream sites: It was mentioned previously that 1UP usually hosts their live streams on justin.tv instead of their own servers, and G4tv also hosted last year's live streams via justin.tv.

1UP: http://www.1up.com/e3/
G4tv Online: http://g4tv.com/e32010

Schedule of Press Events:
  • Microsoft Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 10:30am PDT <World Clock>
    [*]Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th, 9:00am PDT <World Clock>
    [*]Sony Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th 12:00pm PDT <World Clock>

EA - Monday, June 14th 2:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
Ubisoft - Monday, June 14th 5:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
Activision - Monday, June 14th 9:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
Konami - Wednesday, June 16th 1:00pm PDT <World Clock>
Natal/Cirque du Soleil - Performed Sunday. Airing Tuesday June 15th, 12:30pm PDT on MTV, 4:00pm PDT at GameTrailers.

Garjon said:
Definitely No. 3.
Gamespot has the best coverage ALWAYS. I fear the annoying commentary between shows on G4 and the horrible Flash of Gametrailers, so Gamespot kinda gets a snug fit. Or should I say would have, only due to exclusivity, some pressers will only be shown on one channel. A personal FU from me to that.
From what I remember of my experiences last year, GameSpot was the "old reliable" of streams, not that strong in the video quality department, but you'll get a smooth stream. Gametrailers had a better video quality, but their servers tended to get swamped during the big three conferences, resulting in a choppy feed. During the smaller conferences, GT's feed looked good and was quite smooth. Of course things could have changed in the past year, like if GT updated their servers to better handle the load during the big three.

Chris R

Argh, just got confirmation that I have a job interview on Tuesday morning at 10:30 PST. Won't be able to watch the Nintendo conference live, and I'll be cutting it damn close on the Sony one.

Sucks the spoiler free thread idea isn't going to happen :| I'll try my best to avoid shit, but there isn't really a point if I want to watch and post during the Sony conference.

OH WELL :<

Mikey Jr.

rhfb said:
Argh, just got confirmation that I have a job interview on Tuesday morning at 10:30 PST. Won't be able to watch the Nintendo conference live, and I'll be cutting it damn close on the Sony one.

Sucks the spoiler free thread idea isn't going to happen :| I'll try my best to avoid shit, but there isn't really a point if I want to watch and post during the Sony conference.

OH WELL :<

Hmm, you wanna try somewhere else?

Chris R

MMaRsu said:
I'll make a new one I think if the other one isn't unlocked, it's pretty ridiculous.
Meh, I wouldn't want to do that. They locked the other one and haven't responded to other requests so I would think the idea is dead.

I'll just open up Firefox and open up the Nintendo thread and leave that there. When I get home after my interview I'll watch as much of it as I can before the Sony one starts.

Top Bottom