• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Schedule and News Summary -- JUNE 15-17

Tyl3n0L87

Neo Member
I didn't read through all the thread however I did look a dozen of pages so far. I'm mostly looking forward Diablo III, Starcraft II stuff. I didn't find anything related to theses games. Is there anything new about theses? I'd like to see some videos of Diablo III.

What about the Valve "Surprise"? Is it Portal 2 coming to PS3 along with Steam?

Finally, what about NHL 11? Any gameplay videos?

Magnus

At this point, I have to look at every new shooter and ask, "what's different about this one?" in order to create some kind of recognition in my mind. They're all seriously starting to blur together for me. Sorry :(

I just saw a thread about a game called Brink getting delayed. Had never heard of it, guessed it was another dudebro-lookin shooter and clicked. Surprise. I'm sure there was something wonderfully unique about it that I don't know about, and I'm sorry it's in 2011 now, but man, I feel like all these shooters are going to get lost in the pile come the next 12 months.

sdornan

RAGE and Bulletstorm actually look pretty cool. The rest are generic in every way, especially Killzone 3 and Medal of Honor.

Magnus

I'm remembering Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm more than any of them at the moment. Definitely had some signature shit happening on screen.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but according to some gametrailer videos, it looks like Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Tactics are being ported to mobile/iphone/ipad/ipod.

MMaRsu

Banned
If anyone here is attending E3 please ask Square or IO if they know anything about Hitman 5 and when they will be ready to show it :(

bozeman

Is this Strikeforce MMA card a sort of unofficial E3 event? It's sponsored by EA and it's really odd for them to put on a semi big card on a Wednesday when they have a big event next Saturday. I think their minor cards have always been held on Fridays.

AniHawk

DAY TWO

so it started off with going into the line for kinect. i was there for thirty minutes and it didn't fucking budge, so i bailed. the worst part was being stuck in a narrow tubelike hallway with so many other people. if i wasn't claustrophobic before, i am now! i took some pictures and videos though.

next we headed back to zelda. i have a much more favorable view of the game now.

afterward, saw charles martinet, who remembered me from last year (we played nsmbw a few hours together, and on the last day). talked a bit about his work on ratchet & clank and shook his hand and took off for the next area.

then it was off to goldeneye and nba jam before meeting up with an ex-coworker. goldeneye was actually pretty crappy, and i'm not even talking about the visuals. also, there didn't seem to be any wii-remote controls every controller at the booth was a classic pro. on the plus side, it seemed you could adjust the sensitivity pretty good, which i failed to do because other people were waiting on me to switch from inverted to normal. there's no one thing that is offensively bad or anything, but it just didn't grab me.

nba jam though, was a game i came back for a second time. that shit is fun. flicking the wii remote to shoot feels great when you're doing dunks, just slamming it in there. the animation and visuals are fucking awesome. it might be coming to other systems too, because when my friend asked if it was coming to other systems he said "it's just coming to the wii for now" and when i asked if it would have online, the guy there responded with "for the wii?"

after that, i met up with my ex-coworker guy for lunch. i left about an hour later and headed back to the nintendo booth for the games i'd missed.

i waited for kirby for about 15 minutes. that game is fucking amazing. they use the yarn concept to its fullest. visually, it's one of the best games i've ever seen. everything animates really well and has this believable 'hand-constructed' look. it's reminiscent of littlebigplanet. unfortunately, i broke the game and the guy said he'll have to send an e-mail about the thing i did. because i broke it, he gave me and the guy next to me two kirby patches instead of one. woo, swag.

next was metroid and THE LINE WAS ONE HOUR LONG. CHRIST. the headphones sorta glitched out, which made it sound better, because all you could hear was the awesome music and none of the voices. the gameplay itself is all right, but should have been more 2d than it is, since you're moving around 3d space with a d-pad. i imagine that'll be the chief criticism about the game if people are able to get past the voice acting and writing and animeness of it all.

went over to the sony booth, at some point i played two games of marvel vs. capcom 3 and it rocks. one of the prettiest games at the show. afterward, i played socom 4 with move. some video on that too. move works pretty well! the super happy fun ball thing is made of rubber and not plastic like i expected. i have never played socom before, but i completed the demo without getting killed. i probably needed more time with it, but it controlled similarly to resident evil 4 wii, although there was more to take note of (ordering tactical strikes, tossing out grenades, taking cover, etc). also, it seemed like sony was much more quicker to rely on buttons than gestures. most of what i was doing was just pointing at the screen. you could do melee with the move wand. there was nothing like "toss the grenade by flicking the subnav"

at some point i checked out golden sun ds. yep, it's golden sun, all right.

and i think that was about it. there was way more standing in line for stuff compared to last year. unfortunately, i made this the one day of the semester i'm skipping class, so i'll be back at school tomorrow (i'm on good terms with the professor so he's cool with it). i'm not sure what else i'd check out anyway.

pictures and videos:
kinect (really just a line):
it's only an hour wait from here.
welcome to the world OF TOMORROW!
a little blurry but same deal
i just thought this was funny.
the kinect line out the door
the end of the kinect line

zelda:
closeup of huge artwork if someone wants wallpaper or an avatar or something
same deal
one more
controls explanation
booth photos 1
booth photos 2
booth photos 3
end of the second day (24 hours remain)

capcom booth:
booth zombie
marvel vs. capcom 3 tourney thing

socom 4 with move
socom 4 with move

misc:
3ds booth area
all nerdy things

Just wanted to say thanks very much for your impressions Anihawk. Just as entertaining as last year's. Unfortunately my memory fails to recall anything before that, but this is at least the second straight year I've enjoyed reading how E3 was from your perspective.

Furret

Banned
I assume the fact that there isn't a separate thread answers my question but did Capcom not announce anything new? Apart from their 3DS stuff?

They specifically promised a "couple of surprises", so what where they?

Jax said:
have to ask. WTF is Capcom doing this year at E3? No show or some shit? I mean, they are legendary and I've heard almost nothing of the new Dead Rising and Marvel vs Capcom is old news (we've known for weeks). Is that all??

They had a Dead Rising party on monday night, perhaps they did something there. The only new thing they actually said was RE5 Gold Edition with Move Support. On the online front theyve virtually just issues PR's on the games weve all known.

MMaRsu

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
They had a Dead Rising party on monday night, perhaps they did something there. The only new thing they actually said was RE5 Gold Edition with Move Support. On the online front theyve virtually just issues PR's on the games weve all known.

Man what a boring failure of an E3. On some fronts that is.. loads of games I was hoping for haven't been shown at all :(.

jax (old)

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Man what a boring failure of an E3. On some fronts that is.. loads of games I was hoping for haven't been shown at all :(.

Yeah it feels a little like this to me. Even neogaf doesn't seem as active this E3

It's one week early next year.

e32011530.jpg

bozeman

Was there a "Scribblenauts" this year? (A game that came from absolutely nowhere and took everybody by surprise and got us all buzzing....guessing that since I haven't heard about it, probably not.)_

Magnus

bozeman said:
Was there a "Scribblenauts" this year? (A game that came from absolutely nowhere and took everybody by surprise and got us all buzzing....guessing that since I haven't heard about it, probably not.)_

Journey and Bulletstorm both fit that bill for me, and really, since it was the first time gameplay was shown, MvC 3 has me a million times more excited for it than I was before.

But yeah, I understand your question and agree there wasn't anything like Scribblenauts. But I also think I'll end up playing those three much more than Scribblenauts. :lol

Actually, hey, couldn't we say the massive 3DS lineup surprise was about on par with Scribble's surprise debut?

domlolz

Banned
Was E3 this entertaining before the Wii and the physical comedy it has brought forth from it's waggle and awkward demonstrations (and the subsequent bandwagon the others have jumped on)?

Ephemeris

The third day was definitely the best for me. Among the highlights: While playing some Peacewalker in the 3DS line, the guy in front of me - who works for Konami - noticed my playing and we struck up a convo that definitely helped pass the time. We talked about how awesome/addictive PW is, to how well the new 3D Castlevania he's working on performed (I played it the day before and loved it) and even why we haven't seen a Z.O.E 3 yet (blame Z.O.E.2 and next gen costs).

Oh and MGS3 on the 3DS looked amazing. :D

Raistlin

Has there been any confirmation on what changes may or may not exist in the new PS3 rev?

Some rumors point to 11n?

I'm looking to get a 2nd PS3, and am wondering if I should wait for the new version?

bozeman said:
Well to be fair as far I was can remember the Scribblenauts hype did not start RIGHT after E3 it took some time get on track/steam and THAN it took over the entire summer.

For now all I can say it that Konami did it for me this year man I think I will not laugh again this hard in a very long time.
Please Konami please next year be as EXTREEEEEEEEME as this year!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Thread worthy? http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Sony's Ron Egale said that Team ICO's The Last Guardian was not shown at E3 because development was not yet at a point where you can show a demo, but the game will probably be at the Tokyo Game Show in September.

Also

Valve announced that Portal 2 will be coming to PlayStation 3, the PS3 version will have exclusive features like Twitter updates.

^-Not sure if this is real.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I mean the Twitter updates. :p

Top Bottom