• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Ubisoft Conference of Crystals and Magnets (concluded)

Lijik

2aes6zt.jpg
1567psj.jpg

Date and Time
June 14, 2010
5:00-6:00 PM PDT
8:00-9:00 PM EST
[World Clock]

To watch/rewatch the conference
Not a Jellyfish said:
It is up on gametrailers but you have to skip to 1:23:30 in the video. http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/ubisoft

Games at the Conference
  • Children of Eden [THREAD]
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [THREAD]
  • Shaun White: Skateboarding
  • Battle Tag
  • Inn'ergy
  • Motion Sports
  • Your Shape
  • Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time [thread]
  • Ghost Recon: Future Soldier [thread]
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • Project Dust [THREAD]
  • Rayman Origins [THREAD]
  • ManiaPlanet (Trackmania 2, Shootermania, Questmania) [thread]
  • Untitled Michael Jackson Game [THREAD]

Liveblogs

Conference in text form

CHILDREN OF EDEN
  • Starts with Children of Eden, the succesor to Rez, being played on Kinect.
  • Despite looking interesting, in true Ubisoft fashion the demonstration goes on for an uncomfortably long time
  • MEANWHILE ON G4:
    9ggbcg.gif

JOEL MCHALE 2: THE RETURN OF JOEL MCHALE
  • Joel is hosting again, can't wait for another baf of swag from Ubisoft
  • Joel attempts to explain Ubisoft's "Games you can feel" directive

ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD
  • AC: Brotherhood: The Flash Banner is shown, Ubisoft then plays the trailer released earlier
  • ON THE INTERNET: Streams continue to fail all over the place
  • An ingame cutscene depecting Ezio as a ladies man is shown, leads into gameplay.
  • "Strive to give players more memorable moments with more intense experiences such as this cannon sequence"
  • Constant closeups of the controller playing the game for some undiscernable reason.
  • Game looks more like Uncharted than past AC games, but the combat is still essentially the same
  • No showing of the Multiplayer mode, but its playable at E3
  • BREAKING: Joel McHale on game shown at conference he is presenting: "WOW THAT WAS AWESOME"

SHAUN WHITE SKATEBOARDING
  • Shaun White Skateboarding is shown next, is also introduced by an animation
  • Shaun White comes to the stage, discusses his hobbies while sitting on white Ubisoft cubes
  • A developer on the game comes out to join the already awkward conversation. Does not help ease the awkwardness
  • Take De Blob, add in some skateboarding. Thats Shaun White Skateboarding
  • Theres also a "shaping" mechanic that lets you craft your own rails midair. Looks kind of cool
  • Joel McHale asks the big question: Can you change outfits?
  • Changing outfits confirmed! Joel McHale only person excited also confirmed
  • 3D versions and wii ports confirmed

BATTLE TAG
  • An awkward lasertag show breaks out, Joel McHale forgets how to feign surprise while reading off a teleprompter
    29ohezk.jpg
  • Its an actual game called BATTLETAG, Joel McHale forgets how to feign naievitve. Attempts to imagine a game not on a screen, can't do it
  • Modes include "Checkpoint!" which involves involves running around rubbing keycards against you gun in a race to have your gun fondle all of the keycards, and standard Deathmatch with support for up to 4v4
  • Joel cracks a weird mustache joke involving the movie Maverick, then talks about a "Game that is also an energy booster"

INNERGY
  • Its called INNERGY, presented by Shaun White and Neil Patrick Harris' spawn. Ubisoft's answer to the vitality sensor
  • The game has a cool art style
  • Developer helps Joel mellow out, Joel thanks him with a joke about his dyejob and suspenders

GAMES YOU CAN FEEL
  • A montage of developers talking about Ubisoft's new directive is played with super ambient music. Everyone relax, take your mind off this shit conference and listen to the soothing accents
    34pc5qa.jpg

MOTION SPORTS
  • Two new games for Kinect are going to be shown. The first one involves Hipster sports? I think? BOW BEFORE THE AMAZING MATT
  • Game is titled Motion Sports.

YOUR SHAPE
  • Your Shape is being shown again, probably the same showing from Microsoft's conference
  • Essentially the same demo, but now with added new age phrasings, and super mellow vocal tones "Feel the magic of my environment"

RAVING RABBIDS TRAVEL IN TIME
  • RABBIDS! Fuck you haters, shit is rad. They travel through time in their washing machine tardis and fuck around with cavemen
  • RABBIDS INVENT FIRE
  • RABBIDS FUCK SHIT UP THROUGH TIME
    105rzww.gif
  • No gameplay is shown, just a CGI trailer. Please dont be minigames please dont be minigames please dont be minigames (aww hell, I'll still buy it)

GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER
  • Ghost Recon trailer is shown, Adrian Lacey comes out to talk about the game. Joel is geniunely excited for once
  • Talks about the optical camo and the gameplay changes it will bring.
  • Shows off some gameplay, in the future there is no ocean.
  • Comm device mechanic shown off, stylistically looks slick
  • Close Quarters combat also shown.
  • "That guy had a family" - Joel finally lands a joke
  • Joel actually interested the game has an effect on his pressence, continues to adlib funny lines.
  • The game looks really good speaking as someone who doesnt play much Ghost Recon. GR fans seem to have the opposite opinion so ymmv
    280axc.gif

DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO
  • Driver is being shown next with a CGI trailer, full title Driver: San Francisco
  • Gameplay is now being shown, game tries to recreate the look of 70s chase scenes
  • Tanner is in a coma BUT DOES NOT KNOW IT, this gives him the power to ghost-jack any car he wants. So yeah.

PROJECT DUST
  • Yves Guillemont comes out to the stage to show off three new projects
  • The first is in collaboration with Eric Chahi, called project DUST. About ancient tribes that must save their worlds from crumbling
  • No idea what the gameplay is about, but the concept is intriguing

RAYMAN ORIGINS
  • MICHEL ANCEL IS NAMEDROPPED
  • RAYMAN HD. Made in collaboration with 5 artists, HD 2D platformer, seems to be based around Rayman and Globox's initial friendship
  • Titled Rayman Origins, Ubisoft redeemed

MANIA PLANET
  • The final thing Yves wants to talk about is an online platform
  • Maniaplanet, based on Trackmania's online system. Questmania, Shootmania, TrackMania 2

MY MOTIVATION COACH
  • Yves gives out a motivational speech, that if you try real hard one day you can grow up and be just like Ubisoft.

UNTITLED MICHAEL JACKSON GAME
  • Michael Jackson Ubisoft game? People dancing to Beat it
  • No game related to people dancing to beat it, end of conference, Ubisoft reminds everyone they're still batshit insane

Swery65 on the Ubisoft conference
Oh...I want to watch. I like "Assassin's Creed" & "splinter cell" & ,more. RT @superiorsound Watching the Ubisoft press conference now.
Yeah, I'm watching it. It looks like some sneaking game. RT @superiorsound Ghost Recon now!
Driver is not well in Japan. But I love ti. Oh...I have meeting. I have to go. RT @superiorsound Onto Driver now.

Kifimbo

Can't be worst than last year. Here are some titles that Ubisoft trademarked in the last few months.

High Heat Baseball
Outland
Vineyard Country
Office &Co

Let's see if any of these show up.

I'm really hoping we see a sequel to POP2008. Not particularly interested in other Ubi franchises right now, apart from the real Assassin's Creed 3 whenever that comes out.

Cerberus

Oh boy. This should be good. I doubt Ubi will outdo their conference from last year though. Biggest disaster ever.

Also, BGE2 or bust.

offshore

I'm looking forward to Driver. I'm one of the loyalist who's bought all of them...even after the disaster that was Driv3r.

They should just keep it about driving...the moment they went the way of GTA-clone in Driver 2 was the moment it all started going wrong.

Bömb

Kifimbo said:
Can't be worst than last year. Here are some titles that Ubisoft trademarked in the last few months.

High Heat Baseball
Outland
Vineyard Country
Office &Co

Let's see if any of these show up.

Office sounds really exiting!

Razor210

And AWAY we go

At least they can't possibly have the worst conference this year.

Please let it not be the worst conference this year

UBISOFT KEYNOTE RATING SYSTEM

UBISOFT RATING WILL START WITH

MINUS ONE HUNDRED

a point will be added for go performance

one hundred points will be added if the CEO Ubisoft isn't there

200 points for an Original Intellectual Property shown

squicken

ZeroRay said:
It's guaranteed to top last years' conference one way or another.

Wrong. Last year's conference was the most memorable part of E3. Hopefully Christopher Nolan gets on-stage and reads the entire script of Inception for us this year.

Razor210

Technosteve said:
UBISOFT KEYNOTE RATING SYSTEM

UBISOFT RATING WILL START WITH

MINUS ONE HUNDRED

a point will be added for go performance

one hundred points will be added if the CEO Ubisoft isn't there

200 points for an Original Intellectual Property shown
Minus 10 points for every fitness game?

And yes, Child of Eden info please

Top Bottom