• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Ubisoft Conference of Crystals and Magnets (concluded)

D4Danger said:
that was dreadful. all of it.
buh buh...LASER TAG!

okay, but what the shit. can someone explain to me why Ubisoft would buy rights to MJ's likeness and logo...put that shit up in lights...attach THEIR LOGO beneath MJ's, as if to suppose a game is coming...

...then just dance until you end the conference? what in the fuck?

I'm still waiting for them to announce Moonwalker 2. Fuck that. they're not this retarded.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
At least Ubisoft is nice enough to let me keep most of my money for the next year. AC and Rayman are the only games that interested me.

jrricky

Banned
Well...guess thats it for the night. Going back to developing my game. See yall again tomorrow in the Nintendo and Sony threads (cause I made sure I had this day off, thank God I didnt for Microsoft's :lol )

J-Rzez

Is... is it over? Is it safe to go on the internet again?

I blacked out for a while there, I had a bad dream, one where Ghost Recon was destroyed, hopefully it was a dream.

CTLance

Uh, well... it wasn't a total loss. I mean, another Rabbid game may or may not be great. That Rayman game looks promising. That gray stealthshooter could go either way. The *Mania games are going to be awesome, if Trackmania is any indication. Sure, the rest was horrible enough to tear off lumps of my brain, but hey, at least I was kind of prepared by the rather lackluster MS conference and last years' performance.

't was OK. For an Ubi conference, that is. Fits right into E3 so far.

Lime

Ubisoft has single-handedly made me despise the industry even more. So besides ass raping their PC games with atrocious DRM, they churn out ridiculous, uncreative, uninspired, derivative shit aimed at the lowest common denominator.

I feel dirty after watching this shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Technosteve said:
sealsmile2.jpg
:lol

wsippel

Banned
All in all a surprisingly good conference. Quite a few interesting new games, too. Not bad at all. UbiArt and Nadeos new platform looked damn interesting. Many other ideas are hard to classify. Ubisoft is either made of idiots or made of visionaries. Some ideas sounded really fresh and great, but I have absolutely no idea whether or not they will work. :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't understand they just no game they started dancing and i was waiting but they promised i would get BGE2 but i dont i see i think something's wrong the ratio of dancers to games is too big i i if they dont give me my BGE2 then i'll set the building on fire

Erebus

Dead Man Typing said:
Legendary. I didn't think they'd be able to top last year with James Cameron and Pele, but they knocked it out the park for unexpected, weird, boring and generally confusing announcements.

The other companies will have to try really hard to top that one for entertainment value.

You guys just dont get GET what Ubisoft was going for. It's just so meta.

Let me break it down MENTALLY.

They had what was ostensibly another shitty conference out of IRONY . It was a parody of last year's conference. That's all.

I still love Joel Mchale btw.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Nicktals said:
Isn't there one on Wii, or coming to Wii? Isn't that a console?

I keep trying to edit my post to say:

*May not apply to a console I do not own. But the board keeps crashing on me.

bluehat9

So the MJ thing was for a game....right? A game with gameplay or even a title shown for it?
:lol

Oh Ubi, next time bring some of what you're smoking to share with the audience.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
A Black Falcon said:
Ghost Recon - Another shooter... not my thing. Looks fine for one of those games at least, but I won't be playing it.

Driver San Francisco -- As like many people I loved the first game, but didn't like any other game in the franchise. As this game seems to be getting back to the style of the original, I'm interested, and it's looking pretty good. The Shift ability is weird... could be interesting, we'll see.

Dust - Very cool video, but what's the gameplay? Hopefully it's as unique and interesting as the video was...

Rayman Origins -- WOAH! Now that is a surprise, I had no clue that this game existed... did anyone? It looks like the original Rayman, except redone and in 3d... awesome! It looks fantastic. Hopefully it won't be impossibly hard like the original game was (or too easy), but what was there in that video looked brilliant. I want to play that game now. :)

Mania Planet - Game creation software? Very cool, stuff like that is great... I'm very interested.

The first 45 minutes of this conference (Not the first game Child of Eden, which was interesting) The made me wonder if Ubisoft had lost it. I have little interest in Assassins Creed and Shaun White and the Vitality sensor thing was...awful.

I liked Ghost Recon, that could be interesting, but Driver looked really bad.

Then things went weird, Project Dust is really intriguing, but I'm not sold yet.

Then....Rayman, wow. Rayman back in the day was beautiful, this was just a whole new level. I was mourning the death of Rayman during the Rabbids trailer with the GCC lot, we ended up completely flabbergasted when we seen him pop up. Totally mesmerising. Day 0. I want it now, right, fucking now.

Somehow it got better. I didn't know Ubisoft picked up Nadeo and thus Trackmania, loving the maniaplanet idea and I really cannot wait to see how Shootmania and Questmania turn out.

Overall, I...don't care about sitting through that conference. Ubisoft just won E3. Rayman...wow.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I am so so very confused right now and that's not an easy feat to accomplish. Bravo Ubisoft for this wonderful trip into the surreal

A+

KAL2006

Banned
Rainier said:
Microsoft: 6/10
EA: 8/10
Ubisoft: 4/10

really?
Microsoft - 2/10 - nothing new except casual kinect games, gears 3, halo reach was expected
EA - 3/10 - again nothing new, except Battlefield expansion, and more on expected game like Crysis 2
Ubisoft - 6/10 - new driver, Child of Eden, 2D Rayman, first gameplay footage on Ghost Recon which looks promising

Rocksteady33

I'm honestly surprised so many people were disappointed by this.

Rayman Origins
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Michael Jackson Dance
Your Shape
Dust

Driver looks brutal though, as do the "not even video game games". No BG&E2 is incredibly disappointing though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Ghost Recon footage was a diamond at the bottom of a deep well of manure. I'm not sure it was worth the dive. Where do I even begin?

"How do we make laser tag even more fun?" "I know, we make the player carry around ammo and manually reload because everybody who has ever fired a gun knows that reloading is the most entertaining part of the process."

"Michael Jackson" Uh, is there a game there? The head of ubisoft made it sound like there was going to be a game. All I saw was 5 dancers trapped in the 80's and a dead man's name on the big screen.

Rayman looked interesting, but the CEO was talking about the tools that the five people used to make it... and they never showed the toolset. WTF?

I think this one ended up marginally ahead of last year's. Bonus points for no Cameron. Negative points for bringing back McHale. McHale got some good lines in but almost always at the expense of the products he is supposed to be presenting, or their creators.

Cerberus

Getting on the hype train for Ubi at E3 2011. They deliver the worst conferences. Can't miss it.

Greatest moment ever: McHale is talking, gets interrupted by electronic music, chicks come out playing laser tag.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
You think? There is no doubt that this made Microsoft's look good.

If I'd rate Microsoft's a 3 just due to Halo: Reach and Gears, then Ubisofts has to be rated a - 23.

kadotsu

Banned
For me its basically:

Higher heights, way lower lows than Microsoft. But Ubisoft announced more games I want to play (Rayman, Child of Eden, Mania Games) than MS so for me Ubi > MS.

Top Bottom