• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Ubisoft Conference of Crystals and Magnets (concluded)

sn00zer said:
Just as a thought...do white gloves help pick up motion better on the Playstation Eye or Natal?

Maybe not as much on the move because it's got those giant glowing balls on the thing for the camera to know what's going on.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I <3 Memes said:
Memory walls were cool? Assassination targets being highlighted?

It's like all of these things they do to games is to make them as easy and as simple as possible. If Ubisoft made Half-Life games your HEV suit would highlight the route you need to take, all of the items that you need to make physics puzzles work, then put a big arow above the items you can pick up and throw with the gravity gun.

I like that it is set in the future, that there is something linking the games instead of the characters being related and that there is a reason for it all. The story set in the future isn't great but better than having nothing imo.

Stitch

Gold Member
Amir0x said:
No I'm judging someone based on the horrible way he treated his children and the fact that he slept with other children even though HE SWEARS HE NEVER TOUCHED ANY OF THEM LAWL
so you know more about this than the people who tried to put him into jail but didn't have enough proof. maybe you should talk to the press.

Amir0x

Banned
If any adult man, no matter who they were, slept with any of my children... no matter whether they actually ended up touching them or not... I would think of that person as sick and gross, and a failure as a human being. MJ releasing good music doesn't change that.

I am convinced he ALSO molested children, but that doesn't matter at all to the equation. Whether he did or not I'd still believe he was an inherently sick person, who treated his children awfully (like little dolls, cloistered from the world, yet dangling them out of balconies with his sick fucking head of his) and did shit that was gross.

Anyway that's all I have to say on that matter. That's why I don't anticipate an MJ game.

But the Rayman game does look interesting. Just a bit janky.

Snaku

Banned
Hey guys, how was the new Beyond Good & Evil 2 trai

StuBurns said:
BG&E's Jade or Raymond?

Both MIA unfortunately.

picardno.gif

trupclow

I just got home and have been trying to avoid any news about this conference. Is there a link where I could watch it? Gamespot and gametrailers both don't have it up yet.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Duelist said:
It's totally like you should be designing these games.

Meh on you, I <3 MEMES definitely raised many good points, I can relate to anything he said about AC2 for one, and then some.

Gagaman

Rayman and Child of Eden alone means this conference had more that I want to buy than both Microsoft and EA's put together.

Okay I'm watching the conference via g4 on my DVR and JUST before the Rayman trailer (which looks GREAT) where they're talking about the various artists working on Rayman (and/or with Ubisoft) and it struck me as one of the artists was redrawing a piece from Yoshitaka Amano's Virgin gallery, heavily traced.

There's no vid of the conference yet that I can find, so I can't easily screencap it. But it's this piece of art

5bvdx5.jpg

Wasn't Amano working with Ubisoft on an upcoming game?

benjipwns

Banned
skip said:
this absolutely was not the crowd, it was piped in. very noticeable when it faded out into the music.
Don't know if you want to answer, but I got the feeling this happened a lot during the conference. There was a drastic difference in crowd reaction between Joel (or as he was called by one guy, James) joking or on-stage stuff sometimes and the trailer reactions. Especially when any crowd shot showed everyone bored, but the reactions made you think the games were getting standing ovations.

skip

benjipwns said:
Don't know if you want to answer, but I got the feeling this happened a lot during the conference. There was a drastic difference in crowd reaction between Joel (or as he was called by one guy, James) joking or on-stage stuff sometimes and the trailer reactions. Especially when any crowd shot showed everyone bored, but the reactions made you think the games were getting standing ovations.

it was only noticeable to me during the opening MJ craziness. everything else was either genuinely well-received (child of eden, brotherhood, rabbids) or bombed HARD (breathing coach, imagine: lazerz, etc). felt bad for joel having to try to save those segments with a weak prompter script.

NullPointer said:
Can we have at least have at least one high quality shooter series that puts strategy and tactics at the forefront? That rewards planning, communication and adaptability?

To be fair, Rainbow Six still does that. But then they haven't showed the next Rainbow Six yet.

benjipwns

Banned
skip said:
it was only noticeable to me during the opening MJ craziness. everything else was either genuinely well-received (child of eden, brotherhood, rabbids) or bombed HARD (breathing coach, imagine: lazerz, etc). felt bad for joel having to try to save those segments with a weak prompter script.
Yeah, I'd pretty much agree from my outside perspective, Eden and Rayman came out pretty well-received on the stream. Joel was trying harder as it was clearly getting worse content-wise, went for a lot more during games quips than he did last year.

But on the stream, I was on at least, there were some odd semi-standing ovation sounding cheers (from segments of the audience but clearly not the bulk of it) for Shaun White and Ghost Recon trailers and post-gameplay but crowd shots didn't seem to show anyone excited. (I admittedly bailed to get a drink and stuff halfway through the breathing montage.) It was Joel's pushing hard of Ghost Recon when the "crowd cheers" were like five seconds long that made it seem weird and the Jackson thing just made it seem like all of the crowd reaction was faked since it seemed like nobody even knew what was going on as I heard cheers but saw nothing but boredom.

I defer to you and anyone else there of course, and anyone else who watched the Ubisoft conference for reasons other than lulz, in what "really happened." Especially after the EA conference stream where I saw more of the PS3 controller than I did Medal of Honor.

Don't think I've seen anything bomb in the last few years like Imagine: Battle Tagz though. It was like three straight minutes (on the stream I watched) of crowd shots of people checking their phones. Mid-season Laker games show more interested people in the crowd.

Dascu

Choppasmith said:
Okay I'm watching the conference via g4 on my DVR and JUST before the Rayman trailer (which looks GREAT) where they're talking about the various artists working on Rayman (and/or with Ubisoft) and it struck me as one of the artists was redrawing a piece from Yoshitaka Amano's Virgin gallery, heavily traced.

There's no vid of the conference yet that I can find, so I can't easily screencap it. But it's this piece of art

http://i45.tinypic.com/5bvdx5.jpg[img]

Wasn't Amano working with Ubisoft on an upcoming game?[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I think he and Ancel are friends or have worked/are working together on something. So yeah, certainly possible that he's invovled with the new Rayman game.

Wow some Ubi games I will actually get...

Child of Eden is a must have while Rayman and Dust look interesting.

Best publisher announcements so far for me... :O

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
How is Mania Planet not the coolest shit announced at E3? If they can put out a shooter version and an RPG version that is as quality as the racing version...

my god.

And those screens they showed? PC. exclusive. graphics. The only PC exclusive graphics at the conference that wowed me. They were only short glimpses, but still. Nice.

Top Bottom