• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 EA Conference Thread [Over]

Shadow780

BF3:

2pzjjgowsqt.gif

Seda

backflip10019 said:
What was your favorite part? The part where there were dust storms or the part where there was a tank?

This is how I feel sorta....looking pretty != awesome game, though it certainly helps.

I'm not sure of even how much control he had of the tank.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Aw man, end of October/beginning of November:

Battlefield 3, a week later Uncharted 3, a week later MW3 and Skyrim, a week later Saint's Row 3

Basch

Battlefield 3 might be my Game of the Year.

Anybody want to help me build a PC powerful enough to run that? lol

Deadly Cyclone said:

Battlefield 3, a week later Uncharted 3, a week later MW3 and Skyrim, a week later Saint's Row 3

Jesus, not fair. But you could've left MW3 out. Not picking that up right away. Bargain bin maybe.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Great graphics on that Battlefield 3 demo but, overall, a boring conference.

Rad-

Boring conference. Can't believe they didn't show any proper BF3 MP footage.

lol at the people saying boring demo, explains why CoD sells millions.

That was a dull demo and BF2 is my favorite shooter ever.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
3rd party devs really are bringing home the bacon, lots of great looking games.

[Nintex]

Great show, I like how JR gave Sony and Microsoft a special shout-out and Nintendo wasn't there. Still working with those third parties I see lol. Also did Don Mattrick 'woohooo' during the Insomniac now on Xbox bit?

Darklord

Banned
backflip10019 said:
What was your favorite part? The part where there were dust storms or the part where there was a tank?

The infrared bit, the airstrike bit, the graphics, the sound, the tank combat.

Klocker

Deadly Cyclone said:

then gears3 and Halo CE too. shit!

Garjon

Not a great conference it has to be said. There was far too much CGI domination though on the other hand, the sequences involving gameplay seemed uninspired, particularly the NFS section and the BF3 demo took far too long to get going. I enjoyed this one more than MS's though if only due to the better pacing, digs at CoD and the 100% focus on the games themselves.
I strongly dislike the diss against MS for having celebrities and then wheeling on 3 celebrities for the Madden section though. And Insomniac's game looks interesting, though it is almost impossible to make any sort of judgement on the game itself; I can't even tell what genre of game it'll be from what they showed us. I hope we get a lot more BF3 MP footage this week as well.

Tiktaalik

Battlefield 3 + Frostbite Engine 2 just looked absolutely godlike. I've never really played the Battlefield series and I've mostly sat out FPS games this gen, but after that presentation I'm day one.

Oh Lord. That was a boring BF3 demo, plain and simple. As well as the most unrealistic tank battle I have ever seen, ever. That tank battle was about as unrealistic as any battle in the MW series.

NeoUltima

Hope BF3 looks that good on consoles :/

Was hoping to see mutliplayer. That tank gameplay was awesome looking, but got old really fast.

Igo

backflip10019 said:
I know you don't want a real answer but definitely the parts where the dust clouds were obscuring his targets. I'm imagining myself playing it and I can already feel the tension. This will be godly online.

Gandie

Seda said:
This is how I feel sorta....looking pretty != awesome game, though it certainly helps.

I'm not sure of even how much control he had of the tank.

Are you serious? He had full control over the tank, just like in BC2 for example. They even showed the on-screen hints for steering the tank at the beginning.

BF3 looked great but that demo was WAY too long and got boring quick. I'd imagine it's not boring when you play it but watching it like that... I was like come on, get out of the tank, do something.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, I think both BF3 and MW3 will be awesome and I will buy both of them day 1. It is possible to like both. I just wish they showed a better demo.

Jal said:
Boring=Not running around like a paintballer on acid.

Meh. I thought it looked boring because you were locked in a vehicle moving through a boring environment doing the same not very exciting thing for a long time. Tanks don't interest me, at all, and desert plains are just desert plains. I can crawl through an entire level in Ghost Recon without getting bored, so that's not it.

Sianos

So, I guess its time for Ubisoft to lower the bar again, and after that we'll have the NGP and Cafe blowouts?

I love E3. <3

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Immediate impressions.

God Tier
Battlefield 3
Mass Effect 3 (that big ass Reaper won me over)

Good
Overstrike
SSX
The Old Republic

Meh
Reckoning
FIFA 12
Madden 12
The Sims Social

Bad
Need for Speed: The Run (seriously, wtf?)

Klocker

EP8 said:
Thank god they didn't go the casual route like MicroSOFT

that's why MS has 3rd parties. they are covering all the bases and taking advantage of the annual mainstream media blitz to see Kinect. console core is already well satisfied.

Top Bottom