• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013 - best E3 ever?

Dandalf

Neo Member
You know what's going to push this over the edge as the BEST e3 ever?! The one thing that'll make this e3 something we'll remember forever?

Smash Brothers screens.

Thank goodness for the screens. That's the clincher. Those static screenshots of character models that'll make me go crazy for months. Thank you, Nintendo - for screen shots. You've made this year's e3 the best ever.

Bungie-Destiny-Shirt-Tease.jpg

All that plus more new ips shown by Ubisoft and EA showing Mirrors Edge 2 and you got yourself a deal mister. (All so some 3ds stuff too hopefully)

I don't understand why people get excited for Smash Bros, but yeah, it's looking like a good one. I just want the delivery of the press conferences to be about 100x better than they are usually. For such huge global companies, they're usually utterly inept at talking on a stage.

AmFreak

It will be the same as every year.
Most people will hype themselves to unreachable heights and then leave dissapointed.

Jawmuncher

If Smash Bros doesnt have snake or some sort of big reveal than its getting a pass from me.

I'm reserving best E3 ever for a new Dino Crisis game or Resident Evil Outbreak HD/3

Bullza2o

Don't forget Pokemon and new 3DS games. The Zelda 3DS could very well be a surprise considering the gap until the next Zelda for Wii U, as a duo with WW Reborn for this Christmas.

and to a lesser extent, Vita games. I really wish P5 is coming to it because I find its long term support lacking.

Derrick01

Banned
Come on son. PS4/new Xbox reveal already make this the best one in a long while by default.

Not necessarily. What if MS' conference is full of next gen kinect games and stupid apps no one cares about? What if Sony spends another 30 minutes on their next gen wonderbook garbage that 100 people will buy? There are too many variables that no one can see coming right now to warrant a "best E3 ever" or "best E3 in years".

Not necessarily. What if MS' conference is full of next gen kinect games and stupid apps no one cares about? What if Sony spends another 30 minutes on their next gen wonderbook garbage that 100 people will buy? There are too many variables that no one can see coming right now to warrant a "best E3 ever" or "best E3 in years".

So much truth. Adjust your expectations so we may all
possibly
be pleasantly surprised, guyz.

EVIL

This E3 has the potential to be fantastic

hardware:
  • PS4 reveal
  • Xbox reveal
  • more Steambox news?
  • Maybe a sneak preview to the commercial version of the occulus rift?

Software:
  • Mario Kart Wii U
  • 3D mario Wii U
  • Smash bros (4) Wii U
  • Dragon Age 3
  • Singularity from Quantic Dreams
  • Doom 4
  • Starwars 1313
  • Bungies Destiny reveal
  • Watchdogs
  • MGS: Ground Zeroes
  • MGS 5
  • Fallout 4 Tease?
  • Rainbow Six: Patriots
  • beyond good and Evil 2?
  • Ryse
  • Whore of the Orient
  • Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay
  • The Witcher 3
  • Human element
  • Respawn Entertainment Game
  • Battlefield 4
  • call of duty modern warfare 4
  • Mirrors edge 2 Tease?
  • New guerrilla Games IP tease
  • Thief 4?
  • Alan wake 2 tease?
  • GT6
  • HL3 Tease (propably with an arg that starts the second gabe newell had his talk at D.I.C.E and turns around revealing a crowbar print on the back of his shirt with some code stuff) BELIEVE!
  • Playable version of The Last Guardian, Demo to be downloaded a week after E3

abundant

Nintendo's 2011 and 2012 E3 press conferences are proof enough that unveiling a new console doesn't automatically mean that it's going to be a good E3.

Globox_82

Banned
It will be the one, next year. When consoles are out and they show second year games.
First gen games will not be massive leap. HW will take a lot of time from press conferences. But overall it is going to be sick.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
They all have potential. How often do they deliver on that potential?

of course the last couple E3s were going to be bad its the end of the cycle with nothing to show because they are saving it for the new hardware this E3 should be a blow out

EVIL

They all have potential. How often do they deliver on that potential?

There are tons of games that have reveals that have been lingering E3 after E3, and I think (read: hope) 2013 is the year they all align and make it a kickass E3

All those years of cynicism have brought us to this clairvoyant post and validation of your tag :)

Niks

Even if the hardware is revealed before E3, the software will take center stage at E3.
We are going to need a bigger train...

shaowebb

This E3 just had Smash Bros hard confirmed for it with some kind of screens to be shown. That alone is enough for me to believe it will be hype because unless some sort of surprise fighter, card game, or shmup shows up that is the one thing I really care about.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'd be willing to bet cold hard cash that at least one of the next hardware reveals will feel half baked and receive a lukewarm reception

but to answer the question, I think it'll be the best E3 we've gotten in recent memory, in the past 3-4 years.

There is a Wii U joke to be had here but it would be too easy. As for E3, I hope this year actually delivers. Last couple of years have blown tremendously.

PS4
Naughty Dog project
Guerilla project
SSM project (if they have 2 teams)
Dark Souls 2
Watch Dogs
The Last Guardian
Beyond: Two Souls
MGS: Ground Zeroes
Rocksteady project
Respawn project
Destiny

It could happen

It won't though

Everyone seems afraid lately to just have some surprises. I can't wait since finally there's some mystery surrounding E3... Hopefully unveils and amazing software to be excited for. Not enough future games to keep people salivating! I'm really looking forward to it, plus I'm a neogaf member now. Gonna be interesting to be in the interactive "THICK" of it.

Vanz

Banned
I certainly hope so, I'm trying to keep my expectations low but it's hard to not be hyped with all the rumors...

I think it's highly likely one or both will be revealed before E3 at their own events, for just games in general E3 has become less important with more announcements arriving before and after, so as much as MS might try to hype up E3 I can see the really big announcements happening on their own.

But E3 will be great for other unveilings, games ideally, we know a few things Nintendo is going to show off, and we will likely see what Sony and Microsoft first parties are up to.

This. I'll be extremely surprised if Microsoft doesn't host their own event like they did with the 360. Probably with a little less Frodo.

Top Bottom