• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Gametrailers and SpikeTV All Acess Live discussion thread

ButchCat

Good thing these new systems were designed to be easy for developers to program for.

What's that? The problem with game development was never about the development tools?
What's that? The AAA publisher model is destroyed beyond repair?

Hmmm... thank goodness for indies in the PC space.
Can't wait to see all of these October 7th games collide with one another and die in a fire.
It's scary, my fear is that Ubi and Sony will continue this trend.

dab0ne

Oh shit, just saw Angry Joe!!

vRhPopK.jpg

Hasney

I don't have BF4 so isn't the website the only way for me to get in?

I believe so, it was just under BF4 for me. Tried looking on the PSN store and it wasn't there, only a pre-order for the game.

if i get an emailed code on top, I'll give it away somewhere.

Hasney

This beta doesn't seem nearly as easy to access as they made it out to be.

PC guys are getting instant emails, if you owned BF4 it would have been quick if the servers could take it on PSN. The PS4 beta through the website seems ropey at best. I'm worried for people as they might see who's grabbing the PSN version through BF4 before seeing if they have emailed codes to give away. That PSN link had a % of codes left.

Kadin

Said I got into the PC beta but no working download link yet soooo...
Same. I'm in My Games and don't see anything. Did get a confirmation email so I'll just consider it part of the issues the servers are currently having.

Authority

Banned
Haters gonna hate. I think he's doing pretty well. I bet most people will agree.

Edit: For the love of God please do not put Amanda again. I am not even going to expand why is that because it is embarrassing.

OK Geoff lover.

Let me break it down for you what is the real problem with Geoff,

He will never apologize for being such a corporate shill and that image will never leave him because any decent human being would have done what is right. He even calls himself a journalist when he is clearly an entertainment host. Any talk shows like featuring Jerry Springer, Oprah Winfrey would be ideal to him because he is that type of person. Now if you do not see the compatibility that is not my issue but the bottom line is that he is more fake than silicone boobs.

Now after watching the Gametrailers team panel, I hope from the bottom of my heart that the "Bossman" will someday be totally independent. He is a gem in the industry that is better off doing his own thing as he sees fit without being dependent on others. He has the chance to become as iconic as Jon Tron with his own touch on things. Jack was simply on the money. Very pleasant and pleasing to watch on the camera. He is natural when he talks, his pacing is great and his commentary on things, his takedown is down-to-earth and spot on. I wish he was the showman instead of this disgusting Geoff master of diplomacy.

EA's CEO is repulsive. The first few moment my eyes laid on him I wanted to switch them off or take his eyes out. And his dressing code was like a moment of clarity where everything about hating EA made sense because his persona and his vibe on stage could not have been more dick-alike. He stood there like the typical, amoral, overaggressive capitalist that when he sees you he does not see you but how much money he can moneycrab from you and call it a day. EA at its finest.

Mass Effect's showcase brought me to tears. Not actual tears but the presentation was as beautiful and as emotional as the indie game Ori and the Blind Forest, The Witcher 3 and Mirror's Edge. The Division and Battlefield Hardline made me as hard as it gets. Specifically BH made me realize how important is for co-op game not to force you into cooperative play but let you have the freedom to be creative rather than knowing already what your limits are. However the visuals definitely need more enhancement

As impressive as Dragon Age: Inquisition looked that impression was floated down with games such as Temple of Isiris, Fable Legends and Assassins Creed Unity but probably Dawngate made me want to walk away from the room. Borefest on those as well as other titles reached critically acclaimed levels.

The rock bottom of things and taking into account Xbox presentation and EA's one, is that the gaming industry is still miles away from mastering how to present something as it should, lacking basic techniques. In fact the presentation for Alien: Isolation was amateurish at best and his way of conducting information was killing my hype every second he was opening his mouth. Phil boy needs to understand that he should have had more presence on the stage and stay more, talk more. No one is more important than him and not because of his position but because of his attitude. He has to understand that for gamers to change their perception of Xbox he must be the symbol of that change. That will bring loyalty back so he really needs to get himself more out there.

And that is that from me.

Mik317

OK Geoff lover.

Let me break it down for you what is the real problem with Geoff,

He will never apologize for being such a corporate shill and that image will never leave him because any decent human being would have done what is right. He even calls himself a journalist when he is clearly an entertainment host. Any talk shows like featuring Jerry Springer, Oprah Winfrey would be ideal to him because he is that type of person. Now if you do not see the compatibility that is not my issue but the bottom line is that he is more fake than silicone boobs.

Now after watching the Gametrailers team panel, I hope from the bottom of my heart that the "Bossman" will someday be totally independent. He is a gem in the industry that is better off doing his own thing as he sees fit without being dependent on others. He has the chance to become as iconic as Jon Tron with his own touch on things. Jack was simply on the money. Very pleasant and pleasing to watch on the camera. He is natural when he talks, his pacing is great and his commentary on things, his takedown is down-to-earth and spot on. I wish he was the showman instead of this disgusting Geoff master of diplomacy.

EA's CEO is repulsive. The first few moment my eyes laid on him I wanted to switch them off or take his eyes out. And his dressing code was like a moment of clarity where everything about hating EA made sense because his persona and his vibe on stage could not have been more dick-alike. He stood there like the typical, amoral, overaggressive capitalist that when he sees you he does not see you but how much money he can moneycrab from you and call it a day. EA at its finest.

Mass Effect's showcase brought me to tears. Not actual tears but the presentation was as beautiful and as emotional as the indie game Ori and the Blind Forest, The Witcher 3 and Mirror's Edge. The Division and Battlefield Hardline made me as hard as it gets. Specifically BH made me realize how important is for co-op game not to force you into cooperative play but let you have the freedom to be creative rather than knowing already what your limits are. However the visuals definitely need more enhancement

As impressive as Dragon Age: Inquisition looked that impression was floated down with games such as Temple of Isiris, Fable Legends and Assassins Creed Unity but probably Dawngate made me want to walk away from the room. Borefest on those as well as other titles reached critically acclaimed levels.

The rock bottom of things and taking into account Xbox presentation and EA's one, is that the gaming industry is still miles away from mastering how to present something as it should, lacking basic techniques. In fact the presentation for Alien: Isolation was amateurish at best and his way of conducting information was killing my hype every second he was opening his mouth. Phil boy needs to understand that he should have had more presence on the stage and stay more, talk more. No one is more important than him and not because of his position but because of his attitude. He has to understand that for gamers to change their perception of Xbox he must be the symbol of that change. That will bring loyalty back so he really needs to get himself more out there.

And that is that from me.

It really isn't that serious

EA had a terrible conference. Other than sports games, almost everything was just "we don't have anything to show yet so we'll have the developers talk for a while and have 5 seconds of concept footage"

Top Bottom