• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ [and E3 Policy Notes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Gather round...

Dear words written in the codex of Lore found in Evils blood we bow our heads. In this beautiful land of GAF , a storm approaches. In the coming hours we shall see bloodshed. Brother against brother. Men broken by the pangs of denial and unprecedented disappointment. Others shall be overjoyed and giddy with exuberance, lost to the depths of hype that they so choose to wallow in. Juniors will reveal their suicidal nature. Bans will be met out expeditiously and Bish will not rest until his palette is satiated. The fear of Y2Kev will be felt and EatChildren shall feast upon the corpses of rotting Juniors and Elders alike. We pray CBOAT mayhap include his blessings. Yes my Gaffers. Welcome to E3 2015! May you be strong...

A'Kappa.

WHat the?!?!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone made a countdown timer for these yet? I didn't see any in the thread >_>;
I'm running short on characters here but I'll try to optimize as much as I can over the weekend and if there is room I will add countdown timers.

Also, I added a list of E3 parties to the OP (under Fun stuff). Many are sold out though.

Rösti;167562973 said:
I'm running short on characters here but I'll try to optimize as much as I can over the weekend and if there is room I will add countdown timers.

Also, I added a list of E3 parties to the OP (under Fun stuff). Many are sold out though.
Countdown timers would be fantastic if you have room; great job on the OP!

So excited 😭

Tizoc

Rösti;167562973 said:

Thanks mate. I'm trying to get a 3 day leave from work so I can watch E3 at least starting from the MS conference and until the start of the PC thing.

Here's hoping for some mind blowing stuff!

If anything, maybe ask the mods to allow for one extra post to have some stuff put in there?

wiibomb

OMG.. it's that time of the year again... the hype flow through us like no other time!!!!!

WE ARE AWAITED IN VALHALLA!!!!
(of videogames)

BraXzy

Rösti;167562973 said:

As time consuming as it is, use URL shorteners. It takes a while but you'd be surprised how many characters you claw back getting rid of the fluff in linked stuff (Even image links).

Great job on the OP though :D

Ashodin

Ok so the first thing to watch is the Smash direct, then the World Champs, then Bethesda's conference? On Sunday right?

Volotaire

Ok so the first thing to watch is the Smash direct, then the World Champs, then Bethesda's conference? On Sunday right?

And the Pre Treehouse Livestream between the Smash Direct and World Champs

WIDozfp.png

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think it is a worthwhile time to thank everyone for their time and effort in making things easier for slobs like myself. Year in and year out GAF has consistently been one of the more organized places in order to view E3 news summaries & briefs and valuable links to streams.

It's been over 10 years since GAF turned Neo and the commitment everyone invests in to the place has kept the heart thumping during E3 season. Good times.

Aces&Eights

Man, I love this time of the year. I am going to be 42 tomorrow and I still consider gaming my lifestyle. Been doing it for 30 years, holy crap! (Dad jeans FTW!)

HYPE!!! This E3 seems like the biggest in a while. I want to see everyone's but Sony is my most anticipated. My Micheal Pachter prediction is that there is a good chance that the Last Guardian most likely will be there maybe. Seriously though, I believe!

pixelation

I welcome the rules that are going to be enforced come E3's duration, i find those type of threads eye roll worthy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Last year I think I--personally--locked about 100 threads that were of the form "An E3 Conference Just Happened!!!! Here's My 5 Second Reaction!!!! What Do You Think?!?!?" or "An E3 Conference Just Happened!!!! How Will The Other E3 Conferences Live Up To This?!?!?!?!?" or even worse "Game Wasn't At Conference!!!! What About Game?!?!?! Is Game?!?!?! Will Game?!?!?!?! Game??!?!?!?!?!"

It clogs up the front page and makes it impossible for the people who don't spend 24/7 glued to the streams to actually get the news they want, and it's absolutely always some dull person posting their obvious opinion.

Is it possible that people this year can avoid peeing the bed for 5 whole minutes so that stuff can digest?

iNvid02

Is it possible that people this year can avoid peeing the bed for 5 whole minutes so that stuff can digest?

Bans all round, but each subsequent thread lock should increase the ban length. If a milestone is reached then permabans start flying thick and fast.

By the end E3 won't be remembered just for its games, but also for the mass culling and bloodshed that dominated mid June 2015.

Probably won't happen again, probably.

Bans all round, but each subsequent thread lock should increase the ban length. If a milestone is reached then permabans start flying thick and fast.

By the end E3 won't be remembered just for its games, but also for the mass culling and bloodshed that dominated mid June 2015.

Probably won't happen again, probably.
Guess I need to add stumpokapow to the GAF prayer.

maxcriden

Great OT, Rosti!

That Kirby Wii U example is literally what I did last year. How embarrassing, lol. Really was very silly of me in retrospect.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The Bethesda conference will be right after the Game of Thrones season finale? Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom