• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ [and E3 Policy Notes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty8

So far my ratings...

Microsoft: 8.5/10

+ Halo 5 (campaign and warzone look nuts)
+ Sea of Thieves
+ Recore
+ Gears 4
+ Rare Replay
+ Cool Third Party Reveals (Dark Soul 3 & Tomb Raider...yes TR is multiplatform)
+ Awesome indies
+ Backwards Compatibility
+ Hololens
+ New Controller
+ More

Sony: 9/10

+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+ FFVII Remake
+Last Guardian
+ Uncharted 4
+ Shenmue 3 Kickstarter
+ FFVII Remake

EA: 3/10

+ Mass Effect Andromeda tease
+ Some cool Star Wars reveals (Battlefront and Knight of the Fallen Empire)

Ubisoft: 8/10 (this was a big surprise for me)

+ Division looks very fun
+ Ghost Recon Wildlands (wow!)
+ Rainbow 6 Siege (coop campaign and multiplayer)
+ For Honor
+ South Park looks funny
+ AC looked interesting this time around

Bumhead

Banned
What does today look like in terms of viewing options?

I know there's Nintendo and Square in terms of individual bits, but I like the continuous rolling coverage stuff like what Jeff had yesterday. Any of the major websites continuing that sort of stuff through today?

Does Treehouse start today and is it live on YT?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've done the GAF "Best of E3 Award" threads the last two [2014, 2013] years. Is anyone else up for doing it this time around?

Otherwise I'll just do it again and based on the locking of the voting thread last year it should go up on June 18th after the show floor is closed. I think a voting period of 3 days, just like last year is fine again.
^^ Reposting as there weren't any responses. ^^

(If nobody signs up we may get the several voting threads and nobody tabulating the results, because people are excited in the moment. :))

Volotaire

What does today look like in terms of viewing options?

I know there's Nintendo and Square in terms of individual bits, but I like the continuous rolling coverage stuff like what Jeff had yesterday. Any of the major websites continuing that sort of stuff through today?

Does Treehouse start today and is it live on YT?

So we have these options:

YouTube, Nintendo's website and Twitch will be avaialble for the Direct today.

Giantbomb, Gametrailers and Super Best Friends will be reacting to it (the most popular sites on this forum). Gametrailers, you need the Nintendo/Square feed because they don't provide sound output of the conference . Gamespot and IGN will also stream it.

Square is the same for all.

For continous coverage, IGN and Gamespot have shows with games. Geoff and YouTube will not today. The schedules are linked here:

Giantbomb will have their live after hours shows at 7:00 PM PT/03:00 BST

Pachimari

Nintendo and Square Enix just have to bring me Animal Crossing U and Final Fantasy XII HD Remastered tonight, then it will have been a perfect E3.

entremet

Tips for the mods and admins.

E3 policy notes should have its own separate sticky, as an announcement. No one is readying the policy notes it seems.

schaft0620

I have some questions on some games please let me know if you see the following games at E3 or E3 related news with theses games:

Battlecry
Persona 5
RiME
The Tomorrow Children
The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter
Wattam
WWE 2K16

My thoughts this year:

Nintendo (Sunday) 9/10
+ The Nintendo World Championships came back in a big way. You can't buy that kind of publicity.
+ The Earthbound Zero reveal/release
+ The G4 host did a great job
+ Reggie getting involved was hilarious, as always
- A few strange moments (the maybe-sort-of trash-talking, the kid panelist)

Bethesda (Sunday) 8/10
+ Fallout 4 was the showstopper, and did not disappoint
+ The Fallout Shelter mobile instant release
+ A good mix of concept art and lots of live gameplay
+ The Doom reboot was a welcome sight
- The Doom reboot doesn't look particularly memorable or fast-paced beyond the previous games
- A couple projects (TES Online) seemed to bomb on impact, and didn't get a response

EA (Monday) 5/10
+ The Mass Effect-meets-Wild-West tease looked very interesting
+ Mirror's Edge is nice to see, even if it's a prequel
+ The Battlefront demo looks really good, even if the Playstation channel posted the footage earlier
- Way, way too much time spent on mobile and sports games
- Unintentional hilarity with the NBA Live 16 demo/Russell Westbrook appearance
- Pele is cool, but why bring him out if he's just going to relate soccer stories that have nothing to do with the game?
- Mobile demos that were DOA

Ubisoft (Monday) 6/10
+ Some very interesting reveals (Angela Bassett mocapping in R6 Siege, Ghost Recon: Wildlands open-world)
+ Aisha Tyler was very good, as always (she pretty says whatever the fuck she wants, and it's awesome)
+ The South Park Stick of Truth sequel
+ Somehow, the forced meme attempt turned into the actual "meme-man" joke on GAF
- Once again, Ubisoft showing off more Assassin's Creed gameplay, which all looks exactly the same
- The Division is the same demo/lame teamspeak trotted out again
- Jason Derulo's embarrassing Just Dance performance
- Just Dance, period.

Sony (Monday)
+ Doesn't even need a grade. Best conference of the year, and possibly of the decade. Fan wish-fulfillment in its purest form.
+ The holy trinity of Last Guardian, FF7: R and Shenmue 3.
+ Everyone in the company strutting around like badasses while announcing their product.
+ Even the Uncharted 4 demo was amazing, and it had a technical glitch that showed off that it was being played in real time!
+ No Man's Sky looks incredible, and significant support from devs like Media Molecule.
- Maybe COD getting exclusive DLC on PS4 is a bad thing for some people, but considering it's sticking it to Microsoft, I still consider it a plus.

Nintendo (Tuesday) 4/10
+ The puppet introduction was hilarious
+ A cool Starfox Zero reveal and explanation of the original game's creation
+ The Fire Emblem game looks interesting
- Way too much time spent on dev interviews and corny things like the Miyamoto musical performance
- Half the games people wanted are poor spinoffs (co-op kids Metroid? Animal Crossing meets Mario Party?), and the other games people wanted (Fatal Frame, etc) weren't seen
- An overreliance on anime games, with one still in untranslated Japanese...?

Square Enix (Tuesday) 8/10
+ Good mix of updates, sequels and new IPs
+ All of the games look incredibly polished and fun (Just Cause 3, Hitman, Star Ocean 5)
+ New IP from "Tokyo RPG Factory" and a Nier sequel!
+ Hashimoto trolling for massive damage
- A few moments were weird (the Nier director with the mask, the Deus Ex director telling the woman "Enough talk!", the translator fucking up)

Hastati

My thoughts this year:

Nintendo (Sunday) 9/10
+ The Nintendo World Championships came back in a big way. You can't buy that kind of publicity.
+ The Earthbound Zero reveal/release
+ The G4 host did a great job
+ Reggie getting involved was hilarious, as always
- A few strange moments (the maybe-sort-of trash-talking, the kid panelist)

Bethesda (Sunday) 8/10
+ Fallout 4 was the showstopper, and did not disappoint
+ The Fallout Shelter mobile instant release
+ A good mix of concept art and lots of live gameplay
+ The Doom reboot was a welcome sight
- The Doom reboot doesn't look particularly memorable or fast-paced beyond the previous games
- A couple projects (TES Online) seemed to bomb on impact, and didn't get a response

EA (Monday) 5/10
+ The Mass Effect-meets-Wild-West tease looked very interesting
+ Mirror's Edge is nice to see, even if it's a prequel
+ The Battlefront demo looks really good, even if the Playstation channel posted the footage earlier
- Way, way too much time spent on mobile and sports games
- Unintentional hilarity with the NBA Live 16 demo/Russell Westbrook appearance
- Pele is cool, but why bring him out if he's just going to relate soccer stories that have nothing to do with the game?
- Mobile demos that were DOA

Ubisoft (Monday) 6/10
+ Some very interesting reveals (Angela Bassett mocapping in R6 Siege, Ghost Recon: Wildlands open-world)
+ Aisha Tyler was very good, as always (she pretty says whatever the fuck she wants, and it's awesome)
+ The South Park Stick of Truth sequel
+ Somehow, the forced meme attempt turned into the actual "meme-man" joke on GAF
- Once again, Ubisoft showing off more Assassin's Creed gameplay, which all looks exactly the same
- The Division is the same demo/lame teamspeak trotted out again
- Jason Derulo's embarrassing Just Dance performance
- Just Dance, period.

Sony (Monday)
+ Doesn't even need a grade. Best conference of the year, and possibly of the decade. Fan wish-fulfillment in its purest form.
+ The holy trinity of Last Guardian, FF7: R and Shenmue 3.
+ Everyone in the company strutting around like badasses while announcing their product.
+ Even the Uncharted 4 demo was amazing, and it had a technical glitch that showed off that it was being played in real time!
+ No Man's Sky looks incredible, and significant support from devs like Media Molecule.
- Maybe COD getting exclusive DLC on PS4 is a bad thing for some people, but considering it's sticking it to Microsoft, I still consider it a plus.

Nintendo (Tuesday) 4/10
+ The puppet introduction was hilarious
+ A cool Starfox Zero reveal and explanation of the original game's creation
+ The Fire Emblem game looks interesting
- Way too much time spent on dev interviews and corny things like the Miyamoto musical performance
- Half the games people wanted are poor spinoffs (co-op kids Metroid? Animal Crossing meets Mario Party?), and the other games people wanted (Fatal Frame, etc) weren't seen
- An overreliance on anime games, with one still in untranslated Japanese...?

Square Enix (Tuesday) 8/10
+ Good mix of updates, sequels and new IPs
+ All of the games look incredibly polished and fun (Just Cause 3, Hitman, Star Ocean 5)
+ New IP from "Tokyo RPG Factory" and a Nier sequel!
+ Hashimoto trolling for massive damage
- A few moments were weird (the Nier director with the mask, the Deus Ex director telling the woman "Enough talk!", the translator fucking up)

Agreed!

Only two minuses were positives for me:
1. I liked Miyamoto's musical performance, and the other user content that they showed was a sweet touch!
2. Nier director with the mask was awesome!!

I'm not really a PC gamer but I'm interested in watching to see if they show off anything from multiplatforms.

Should I bother?

Just a reminder that the actual PC show starts in ~ 2 and a half hours and not 90 mins. The 5pm start is just them opening the gates.

Kubiubo

Just got back from day 1, (left a bit early, horrible LA traffic.)
Good lord, it was nuts, it was like a sexual-religious experience.

mreddie

Caught up on the big three, Sony and NIntendo won it for me with XBOX just a wee bit behind, I think Sony went all over the place but hooking people in the process, Nintendo while spending too much time on the developer interviews, kinda worked for me. XBOX had some games appealing to me but felt very paint by numbers, nothing woah inducing or bomb dropping. I think the Hololens demo did work but by then, I felt disconnected.

Ubi and EA...I dunno. I think Bethesda stole it with SquareEnix while showing some good games, felt...weird to me.

Buzzati

Banned
Is there a place where videos and news from all of e3 are consolidated into one easy to read place?

EDIT: I guess I need to learn to GAF.

Articalys

I wonder how many threads have had to be locked by ModBot by now. Poor thing's working overtime.
It's definitely helping keep the main forum page cleaner for new news though.

dex3108

Biggest disappointment this year for me is that most of the Stage Demos on IGN, Gamespot etc. are only videos that we already saw.

Atwa

Banned
So now that Sony has paved the way for not one, but two kickstarters (Amplitude and Shenmue) What else do you want to see big companies kickstart?

Microsoft could kickstart a Banjo, Activision a Crash or Spyro game.

Just following in what Sony has started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom