• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 | Nintendo Digital Event

Puppets?

Results are only viewable after voting.

NotLiquid

So honestly, even though this is purely a 5/10 conference I'm glad that this is a sign that the Wii U is coming to an end. I've loved the Wii U more than any other console this gen but I think it's getting the most of what it can right now. Hopefully this means all their dev focus is co-ordinated on the NX.

Also, despite it being a 5/10 I don't think it's an explicitly bad format or bad presentation. They still have the mostly on-point beats from the previous year, but the games this time were just so much less interesting since we've seen most of them. Most of these games are ones that I want to get. Mario Tennis, Star Fox and Paper Mario & Luigi are the ones that really surprised me in not having seen them and everything else was stuff I was already assured of.

In the end though,
Sony > Bethesda > Microsoft > Nintendo > Ubisoft > EA

I have to say the kneejerk reactions here are kind of laughable though. This conference hasn't deterred me from enjoying the games on the Wii U or the games that they'll be releasing. Super Mario Maker is still my game of the show and I desperately want it.

LogouT

I mean ... that was disappointing. I might be picky - but it looks like there is not a single Wii U game I will buy between now and unannounced 2016 games/Zelda U.

Guess it's 1,5 years of Splatoon for me.

New Zelda looks like it's destined to be released for NX as a launch title since it's not an early 2016 release either. It'll definately be released for the holidays. So it's kind of like the Twilight Princess situation.

Only thing is, I'm not sure a cel-shaded Zelda game will have the same impact as TP did.

Bluenoser

I'm doing this largely to process what we've just seen, but let me get this straight...

• Metroid spin-off
  • Zelda: Three Swords Adventures
  • Mario and Luigi: there's paper in it
  • amiibo Crossing
  • Star Fox
  • Mario Tennis
  • Yokai
  • trailers for games we know like the backs of our hands
  • puppets

I've probably missed something, but I really hope the NX is coming out next year. The spin-off, Zelda, and Mario&Luigi might pique my interest, but those aren't what I wanted at all...
Where's all the "Nintendo is crapping on us" coming from, though? I think this is more the face of a company moving out than a company that's actively trying to make us hate them. I don't hate Nintendo, but I can agree that it's been disappointing.

Oh, and PlatinumGames working on Star Fox. It was true all along. lol

Reggie said they aren't even TALKING about NX until 2016, let alone it coming out this year.

md99

Banned
Pretty horrific showing from Nintendo tbh. I know it is to be expected but you still can't help but laugh at/feel pity for them.

Into

After years of false restarts and "wait for ____" to save the Wii U, the fanbase is now treated to the Vita treatment and the "wait for __" is now turned back at them: Wait for NX.

How ironic after telling people for years to wait for Mario Kart, to wait for SSB, to wait for 3D Mario, now you get to wait for NX. From WUST thread of hopes and dreams to this.

Steejee

Forgot about Mario Tennis, that's a positive game and I didn't know about it, should be good.

Would have liked to see them close off with something for later in 2016, but based on history they're probably reserving that for a Direct (for some reason).

I will take what Nintendo showed over *any* CG trailer shown at any conference, or 2017+ dated game. Those all exist in fairytale land until something real is presented.

Richie

I invited a friend of mine who used to be a Nintendo fan to watch this with me. I felt like I was inviting her to see this mutual friend of us she doesn't hang out with nowadays, and I tried to rekindle the friendship, telling her he's a very cool, funny guy...and he shows up drunk out of his mind in his Mario themed underwear.

The most fascinating thing here is for me, how after the colossal failure that the Wii U has been, and after this digital event, people here are still looking forward to the NX.

I think, I will never ever buy anything Nintendo again. And I have been a loyal fan up to the Wii.

You people remind me of a beaten housewife coming back for more again and again.

The party is over, people, go home.

The NX won't change that.

I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. "Announce something," I shrieked at my computer. My mom knocked on my bedroom door and had to ask if I was ok. Then, they started showing me a bunch of losers playing instruments dressed as Mario and I just turned it off. It was actually unbelievable.

Now, I'm 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I've ever seen in my life. It's clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. They'll talk about the NX at next E3, but people will ignore it after remembering Blast Balls.

I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I'm an empty shell.

I'm a Sony fan all my console are Playstation but Vita is the worst console/hanheld i ever seen even jpanese support is awful 99% of games are late port and niche games

Actually Vita is current jRPG heaven and selling almost similar to 3DS since 6 months. And a lot of new jrpgs coming also. I sold my Vita - coz i bought VitaTV and having fun.,

But I ve bought WiiU week ago - because I would buy it for Xenoblades anyway and MH3U - still hoped something will come out. Nope. Nada. WiiU is dead. After Xeno and SMTxFE - gonna sell it.

Maybe I'm done with Nintendo...

First we got the Wii and everything changed... but we got great games, so ok.
Now the Wii U and... and what? There's nothing.

I don't want a Animal Crossing party game, I want Animal Crossing.
I don't want a Metroid minigame, I want Metroid.
I don't want a Zelda 4 swords sequel, I want Zelda.
... etc.

Cyd0nia

Banned
You can definitely chisel "2012 - 2016" on its headstone.
You mean 2012-2015. Its fucking dead now. This e3 was a deriliction of duty for a platform holder towards its loyal userbase. It is an absolute disgrace.

Worse than Wii Music Ravi Drums E3. Worse than the Nintendoland closer.

I hope some unlucky soul has to aggregate all these forum comments and SNS feedback.

If you're reading Nintendo, that was SHIT

I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. "Announce something," I shrieked at my computer. My mom knocked on my bedroom door and had to ask if I was ok. Then, they started showing me a bunch of losers playing instruments dressed as Mario and I just turned it off. It was actually unbelievable.

Now, I'm 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I've ever seen in my life. It's clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. They'll talk about the NX at next E3, but people will ignore it after remembering Blast Balls.

I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I'm an empty shell.

Parody post?

Hatchtag

Banned
So is the Wii U. In fact, the Wii U is more likely to die before the 3DS. lol

before e3 i would've probably mocked and laughed at such a statement.
after today i'm confident the 3DS will outlast the Wii U. I'm guessing Wii U's last big game will be Zelda U in fall 2016, while the 3DS's will be a 2017 Pokemon game.

Arzehn

Yikes, terrible showing. Also, what happen to those 3rd party partnerships?

Amiibo's are getting out of hand too... not sure if this company is for me anymore.

Exile20

I'm doing this largely to process what we've just seen, but let me get this straight...

• Metroid spin-off - Looks bad
  • Zelda: Three Swords Adventures - If not online with voice chat then bad
  • Mario and Luigi: there's paper in it - Looks great
  • amiibo Crossing - Animal crossing boradgame? no thanks
  • Star Fox - graphics look bad, looks fun to play
  • Mario Tennis - Looks great so far
  • Yokai - ehhh
  • trailers for games we know like the backs of our hands
  • puppets - was one of the best thing about the presentation

I've probably missed something, but I really hope the NX is coming out next year. The spin-off, Zelda, and Mario&Luigi might pique my interest, but those aren't what I wanted at all...
Where's all the "Nintendo is crapping on us" coming from, though? I think this is more the face of a company moving out than a company that's actively trying to make us hate them. I don't hate Nintendo, but I can agree that it's been disappointing.

Oh, and PlatinumGames working on Star Fox. It was true all along. lol

Splatoon is/was awesome but it doesn't excuse 5 years of Nintendo's MO being "I dunno Mario something lol"

The WiiU overall is a joke completely. Yes, obviously they're shifting focus to NX but why would anyone have any faith that they'll do better with that? They've not given you any reason to be confident.

What? Wii U has the best library of games this gen.

3D World, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, LEGO City Undercover, Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Bayonetta/2, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby Rainbow Curse. All great games exclusive to Wii U.

What does PS4 have? Second Son, The Last of Us,Order: 1886, and Bloodborn?

What about Xbox? Sunset Overdrive, Forza, and Titanfall?

Granted, Sony's Conference yesterday kicked some serious ass, and both PS4 and XBone have brighter futures than Wii U. But Wii U is already sitting on a goldmine of absolutely fantastic exclusives, and that's not even including Starfox, Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Zelda U (although I'm starting to have doubts that this will actually come to Wii U), all of which look absolutely fantastic.

Don't make me laugh.

The most fascinating thing here is for me, how after the colossal failure that the Wii U has been, and after this digital event, people here are still looking forward to the NX.

I think, I will never ever buy anything Nintendo again. And I have been a loyal fan up to the Wii.

You people remind me of a beaten housewife coming back for more again and again.

LOL, the Wii U has an incredible set of games. NX will too.

Schnozberry

So, see you next direct then?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

They made the Wii U, coming off of the Wii's success. They had clouded vision of what they really needed to have a successful console because the Wii was such a one off hit. This next console, I can see them going back to their roots. At least make something that is friendly to third party devs.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Same here. I had every console from the NES up to the Wii. This makes me sad. Gonna get a ps4 instead. Maybe I will buy a wii U when it's dirt cheap.

I can't believe they haven't dropped the price, after the lack of games and bleak future it's the biggest problem. I'd probably have bought one on impulse now otherwise.

I got hyped and you let me down Nintendo, goddammit!

Nothing of importance got announced today, and they killed my expectations almost completely. AC Wii U is a party game, the new Metroid looks pretty shit... definitely seems like they've given up on this gen and are just waiting to move on to NX.

But at least Xenoblade X and Star Fox Zero are making it this year, so that's good. Can't be mad about a new Mario Tennis game either.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

I like this, could have mileage.

foltzie1

Just for perspective:

Digital Event 2014:
Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U
Introduction of Amiibo
Yoshi's Woolly World*
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Zelda Wii U
Pokemon OR/AS
Bayonetta 1/2
Hyrule Warriors Wii U*
Kirby's Canvas Curse
Xenoblade Chronicles X*
Super Mario Maker*
Splatoon

Digital Event 2015:
Star Fox U
Skylanders/Amiibo crossover
Zelda Triforce 3DS
Hyrule Warriors 3DS*
Metroid Federation Force 3DS
Animal Crossing Festival
Animal Crossing Room Building Thingy
Yoshi's Woolly World*
Xenoblade Chronicles X*
Super Mario Maker*
Mario Tennis
Mario Paper Jam
Yokai Watch

*mentioned at both Digital Events

I'm sure I missed a few things.

I think this is a really fair post, the only thing missing is that Earthbound Beginnings and the Smash Bros DLC were announced in the previous two days. Having either of those in event would have improved perception.

Still, the move to NX is clear. I'm surprised that Nintendo didnt pad the event with some VC or Wii software on Wii U releases.

Fox Mulder

I laughed.

Top Bottom