• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 registration opens, website updated

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Added: Also, new logo:
e3-header-overlay-latikuun.png

Attendee registration for E3 2015 has opened, and the website has been updated. The floor plans aren't active yet (for the public anyway, you can view them via a different password protected site). Basic stuff really, but still interesting. There's an exhibitor list up, some juicy details. 200 days from time of writing remain til the show.

e32015q4kya.png

Booths of the big five:

Electronic Arts: 1601, MR 401, MR 403A (2014: 1601, MR 403A)
Microsoft: 4100 (2014:4100, OFMR 4000)
Nintendo: 5644, 5244, 4822, Theatre (2014: 4822, 5244, 5644)
Sony: 4044, 4144, 4522, MR 504, MR 506, MR 507 (2014: No change)
Ubisoft: 1023, MR 308A (2014: 1023, MR 305
Some changes, mainly for Nintendo which has the Theatre (no other exhibitor has that listed). So an extra space next year then (5644 was new this year). Whether the listing is incomplete or if Microsoft will take its usual meeting room (4000) I don't know, but it would be a bit strange if they didn't.

Prices:

Paid Expo Pass

Before April 28, 2015
$995

After April 28, 2015
$995

Industry Pass
Industry Pass is available to qualified Interactive Entertainment Industry Professionals ONLY*

*Two Forms of Industry ID must be provided.
Industry Pass

Before April 28, 2015
$0

After April 28, 2015
N/A

Go_Ly_Dow

The Last Guardian Support Group will rise from the flames of ashes once more.

Remember this post.

BELIEVE!

yatesl

Always been tempted to go to E3, but can't justify ~£1000 for travel and tickets, to be in a crammed place and not get a chance to play any games. British conventions are bad enough.

I just need someone to hire me as a 'writer', so I can go for free.

Lemaitre

Banned
Always been tempted to go to E3, but can't justify ~£1000 for travel and tickets, to be in a crammed place and not get a chance to play any games. British conventions are bad enough.

Or make bogus business credentials.

Whatever gets you through that door mang.

StillEdge

This is my 5th year did anyone receive alumni emails yet or is that later? I still haven't received an express registration after 4 years so I was hoping this would be my first. A friend I go with got his last year and that was his 3rd year.

This is the highlight of my Thanksgiving - hell yes! I once again can't afford to go, but nevertheless E3 hype train is officially ENGAGED

NotLiquid

Rösti;140666290 said:
Some changes, mainly for Nintendo which has the Theatre (no other exhibitor has that listed).

Wonder if this means Nintendo are actually planning a more regular live press conference or have something like last year's Smash Invitational planned.

UrbanRats

Man, when E3 will be here, i will already have eviscerated both Bloodborne and Witcher 3.
Batman Arkham Knight, too, as it's probably not a very long game.
And who know what else.

Feels so far away.

javac

I look forward to submitting another whole week to Nintendo...and my night to late night Giant Bomb Live.

So when they say two forms of Industry ID...what does that entail? I can provide at least one form but I can't think of any others I'd be able to cough up.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So when they say two forms of Industry ID...what does that entail? I can provide at least one form but I can't think of any others I'd be able to cough up.
Check the FAQ on the registration page, I believe it should feature more information.

Why can you not play any games when you have paid for entering E3?

JNA

Banned
So wait, if I paid $1k, I can go to E3? Or be apart of the games industry? Or both? Just confused.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So Nintendo's taking the Nokia Theater for itself again, this year? Press Conference or another tournament?

So Nintendo's taking the Nokia Theater for itself again, this year? Press Conference or another tournament?

After the overwhelming positive reaction to how they handled E3 this year I think it's safe to say they'll go with the same format without a normal press conference.

SegaShack

So we dont get let down, lets just expect reasonable games like:

Battletoads
Star Tropics 3
U Wave Race
Last Guardian
Half Life 3
Banjo Kazooie

Wondering if I should make the plunge. I'm interning as a game journalist right now but I'm not applicable for the industry pass credentials, but the regular pass is quite pricey. Hmm..

They are pretty strict these days when it comes to getting in for free as an industry member. Your company must have an active, up-to-date website, you have to have a company email address, and two from this list:

Insurance Card listing both employee name and company name
Paycheck Stub verifying current full-time employment within the industry
Company Credit Card listing both employee name and company name
W-2 Form
Current Business License indicating type of business
Current Retail Sales Tax License
Current Resale Tax Certificate
Invoices within the last 6 months that show purchases of products related to the industry (with the registrant's name appearing on the invoice)*
Current Federal resale tax certificate (VAT)
Current IDGA Membership Card

Note, you must be a part of actual game development - you used to be able to get in if you worked in a game store, but nowadays only the biggest game store chains get passes, and they only get a few they can give out to a few of their employees.

No, Nokia Theater wouldn't be listed on any E3 website, because that isn't considered part of E3. Those offsite press conferences are officially unrelated to the trade show. So it must mean Nintendo has reserved some sort of theater at the convention center.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I just realized that this will be YET ANOTHER E3 where we will be seeing gameplay footage from Ubisoft for The Division.

Jesus christ lol. Some games just get shown too early.

Top Bottom