• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Conference And Livestream Schedule Thread

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Conferences:

Note:
- The threads will be stickied around an hour before the conferences and unlocked around 10 minutes before either the conference or pre-show.
- The conference threads themselves are minimalist things containing minimal images, but making sure to have a countdown clock, a link to at least one livestream, a link to at least one liveblog, and a list of games known and rumored to show up. Our goal is that someone on a 3G phone connection can jump in, look at what is being shown to decide if they want to follow along, and get to a liveblog. As such, we usually hand these out by tradition since they're not fancy expressions of creativity like actual game OTs.
- I'll be deleting all gifs within the first 100 replies of each thread.

Cheesemeister said:
aCYli3Z.jpg

EA:
t1465761600z4.png

Games:
Known: Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda, FIFA 17, Madden 17, A New IP
Likely: NBA Live, Visceral/Motive Star Wars, Mobile Games
Maybe: Hazelight, Criterion, NHL
Thread Creator: Nirolak

Bethesda:
t1465783200z4.png

Games:
Known: Dishonored 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Elder Scrolls Legends
Maybe: Fallout 4 DLC, Doom DLC
Rumored: Prey 2 (Arkane Austin), Wolfenstein, Skyrim Remaster, maaaaybe The Evil Within 2 or Quake but don't hold your breath
Thread Creator: MattyG

Microsoft:
t1465835400z4.png

Games:
Known: Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Recore, Crackdown 3, Scalebound
Rumored: Dead Rising 4, Age of Empires, Battletoads
Hardware Rumors: Scorpio, Mini, Streaming Devices
Thread Creator: Relix

PC Gamer:
t1465842600z4.png

Known: Dawn of War 3, LawBreakers, Mirage: Arcane Warfare, and generally games from these companies.
Thread Creator: MRORANGE

Ubisoft:
t1465848000z4.png

Games:
Known: Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, For Honor, Division DLC, One New IP (Online Oriented)
Thread Creator: Volotaire

Sony:
t1465864200z4.png

Games:
Known: Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky
Likely: Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, Detroit, Gran Turismo Sport, 800 VR Games
Rumored: God of War 4: The Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants, Dead Don't Ride, Sucker Punch, Spider-Man
Thread Creator: ULTROS!

Nintendo:
t1465920000z4.png

Games:
Known: Zelda, Pokemon
Thread Creator: Azalean

---

Post Conference Livestreams:

These are mostly not up yet, and the ones that are have 40 "SECRET GAME" spots, so I'll add them in a bit later when they're more fleshed out.

---

E3 Special Policies:

1.) We'll be locking all reaction threads until Friday like every year.

2.) Don't bump pre-E3 threads with E3 news. Always go for a new thread. We'll merge it if there are too many.

JB2448

The PC Gamer and Ubisoft conferences are in inverse order in your post.

Edit: Thanks for fixing it!

jonno394

Will there be a spoiler free e3 thread this year? Need to bookmark it so I can watch the sony conference Tuesday morning when i get up without seeing loads of thread titles first!

whyman

Might wanna add The Sims 4 for the EA conference. Im pretty sure they will show something new. Probably the next expansion.

StarHammer

Neo Member
I'm so excited for these, I'm looking forward to all of the conferences, especially because there were several last year that had me absolutely confused what was going on. Mainly I recall feeling that way about EA for about half of their conference

Mods: where should discussion of Giant Bomb streams of conferences go? I'm planning on watching the GB versions and if something great like Wild during Paris Games Week happens I'm wondering if I talk about it in the Sony/Microsoft conference thread or if the gb streams get their own threads (I think enough people might be watching them to warrant that?)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone doing E3 bingo cards?

Richie

That Nintendo list is depressing.

In all fairness they'll show more the next day.

“Nintendo @ E3 starts at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 14. Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda game. The day will continue with livestreamed gameplay and behind-the-scenes info from the game experts of Nintendo Treehouse—live and unscripted from the show floor.

Then be sure to come back for a second day of livestreaming, starting at 10 a.m. PT on June 15. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A session. Then Nintendo Treehouse: Live will showcase upcoming games such as Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.”

RoKKeR

Good stuff, lol'd at God of War's subtitle.

I imagine that stream archives will be put in the Spoiler Free thread? Or will it be this one? Can't catch many live this year.

ChrisD

Confound it, I literally scheduled a test for Tuesday on the exact hour Nintendo's presentation is happening. I knew the date felt occupied already, but I couldn't remember for sure so I just confirmed the thing.

Maybe I can see the first few minutes or something. Will give me something game-wise to be excited about coming back to.

Not sure how many I'll catch in total, but look forward to all the recaps! Thanks for the stickied compilation + times!

CTLance

Squee.

Actually, I'm less hyped than normal, being in the Nintendo camp and with them not doing anything too grand this year. Still, very much looking forward to the implosion and take-offs of various hype trains. Let's have fun with this one, like every year. :D

BY2K

Membero Americo
I won't be making the Nintendo thread this year.

There isn't a Conference/Digital Event this year anyway and someone else did the Treehouse Threads.

I'll be back next year though.

cantona222

3 major publishers are having their conferences before Sony & Microsoft. Does this happen every year?
I always thought that console manufacturers will start their conferences first and then publishers. So that big announcements are done with the console manufacturers conferences and publishers later on will give in depth looks on whatever announced.

3 major publishers are having their conferences before Sony & Microsoft. Does this happen every year?
I always thought that console manufacturers will start their conferences first and then publishers. So that big announcements are done with the console manufacturers conferences and publishers later on will give in depth looks on whatever announced.

Last year was Bethesda, then Microsoft, then Ubisoft/EA/Square Enix (i don't remember the order), then Sony.

Volotaire

I'm so excited for these, I'm looking forward to all of the conferences, especially because there were several last year that had me absolutely confused what was going on. Mainly I recall feeling that way about EA for about half of their conference

Mods: where should discussion of Giant Bomb streams of conferences go? I'm planning on watching the GB versions and if something great like Wild during Paris Games Week happens I'm wondering if I talk about it in the Sony/Microsoft conference thread or if the gb streams get their own threads (I think enough people might be watching them to warrant that?)

Not a mod, but there will be a Giantbomb E3 thread that is posted in Gaming. All the usual GB discussion takes place there. I think it's going to be posted on Friday/Saturday in time for the Big Live Drive.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nice thread, Nirolak. The more comprehensive E3 2016 | General Information & FAQ thread will be up by Friday, June 10.

Thanks also for the information on creator of each conference thread.

Will GAF have it's own mIRC channel again?
I'll see if I can put up some kind of chat thing, maybe on Discord. Otherwise there's the SteamGAF chat.

Liamc723

No, that has never been the case.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the lists! Due to my new job, I'll only be able to watch the Sony, EA and Bethesda conferences live. Didn't know Nintendo was going to show some info about Pokemon Sun and Moon, that's great.

Thank you so much for making this table, makes my life so much easier instead of figuring out each shows time for a different timezone.

Choomp

Banned
Ah yes, thanks as usuall for making the chart. My excitement is of a pretty large quantity at the moment

Rongolian

Banned
I'm confused about the Square-Enix conference. Are they only showing Deux Ex in their slot at the beginning? Are they taking part in the Sony conference?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm confused about the Square-Enix conference. Are they only showing Deux Ex in their slot at the beginning? Are they taking part in the Sony conference?

The don't have a conference. They just have a Deus Ex event and then are releasing information about their other games one day at a time.

Yesterday they showed off World of Final Fantasy for example, and Kingdom Hearts is tomorrow morning.

Rongolian

Banned
The don't have a conference. They just have a Deus Ex event and then are releasing information about their other games one day at a time.

Yesterday they showed off World of Final Fantasy for example, and Kingdom Hearts is tomorrow morning.

Okay cool, thanks for the info!

Is this thread going to be spoiler free? I want to keep it open so I can watch the conferences without being spoiled since I'll miss them live

Top Bottom