• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Predictions & Discussion thread

Guerrilla

Here are my conservative predictions

MS:
- 99€ XBOX Stick you can put in your PC and turn it into an xbox (use an xbox app to play all the games inkl. 360bc and xbl fees) comes with controller.
- 249 XBOX Slim
- Scorpio Teasing
- New Halo game in addition to Halo Wars
- New Rare Game, either Banjo or Battletoads
- 1-2 New IPs
- Loads of the games we already know about

Sony:
- PS Neo announced as PS4-VR-Edition will not add anything graphically to non VR Games except for Framerate/Resolution.
- Last Guardian not showing up
- 1-2 New IPs
- God of War announced and releasing this year

Nintendo:
-Zelda WiiU/NX will be a Multiplayer game, tears will be shed, houses burnt down...

Are the starting times of all conferences known yet? If so, does anyone have a nice overview of them? I fear that some conferences might overlap with one or two football matches ...

Are the starting times of all conferences known yet? If so, does anyone have a nice overview of them? I fear that some conferences might overlap with one or two football matches ...

Yes they are known and yes they overlap with football (soccer for US GAF)
I think the ones that could overlap with football are Ubisoft, MS and maybe EA.

Alexious

Microsoft Predictions
First Party Stuff:
  • Open with Gears 4 gameplay
  • General Raam trailer for Killer Instinct, available now
  • Forza Horizon 3 announcement
  • Recore gameplay
  • Scalebound gameplay
  • Sea of Thieves gameplay, beta announced
  • Halo Wars 2 gameplay
  • Crackdown gameplay
  • Undead Lab's new game
  • New IP
  • Old IP revival (BattleToads?)

Third Party stuff:
  • Battlefield One
  • Mass Effect Andromeda (comes with ME trilogy)
  • EA access talk
  • The Division DLC
  • Something from Bethesda
  • Cliffy B announces Lawbreakers for XB1

Misc:
  • Indies
  • Xbox One Slim revealed. Vauge mention of the scorpio
  • Backwards Compatibility talk, Red Dead Redemption available now
  • Hololens

Undead Labs basically confirmed via Twitter they won't be showing anything. I hope they might reveal their game at Gamescom, at least.

Coxy

Be best guesses/wishes

Bandai Namco
Ridge Racer Type 4 remake with a demo for Ridge Racer type 4-2
Ace Combat remake with a demo for 7
Soul Calibur reboot. Talim, Taki, Hwang etc are back, a Tale of souls and swords retold.
Armored Core 6

Capcom
Resident Evil 7
Devil May Cry 5
New Megaman, looks kinda shitty but not as shitty as Mighty No 9

SEGA
Shenmue Remastered
Skies of Arcadia Remastered
Streets of Rage reboot
New Sonic game, possibly sonic adventure 3
Persona 5 day and date with japan

Square Enix
Front Mission
Final Fantasy 9 announced for PS4, it's just the PC version, Hashimoto laughs, cue years of debate whether that means anything

Sony
Freedom Wars remastered
Freedom Wars 2 PS4 only
Their big budget JRPG is announced but it's VR only
new Fromsoft game Cyber Souls

Koei Tecmo
Spider man by the Attack on Titan team, people fight over whether they wanted Sucker Punch to do it instead

Eggbok

Here are my conservative predictions

MS:
- 99€ XBOX Stick you can put in your PC and turn it into an xbox (use an xbox app to play all the games inkl. 360bc and xbl fees) comes with controller.
- 249 XBOX Slim
- Scorpio Teasing
- New Halo game in addition to Halo Wars
- New Rare Game, either Banjo or Battletoads
- 1-2 New IPs

Sony:
- PS Neo announced as PS4-VR-Edition will not add anything graphically to non VR Games except for Framerate/Resolution.
- Last Guardian not showing up
- 1-2 New IPs
- God of War announced and releasing this year

Nintendo:
-Zelda WiiU/NX will be a Multiplayer game, tears will be shed, houses burnt down...

You think an announced game that's confirmed to be released this year is going to skip E3 while an unannounced game is going to be released this year? Interesting lol.

There's no way God of War is coming out this year imo, only because God of War always comes out in March. I'd imagine March 2017 is the earliest it releases.

We had our E3 prediction feature in our podcast: Nintendo Times Radio. The podcast covers all platforms and isn't Nintendo-specific.

Some of them are "out there" because it's fun to take wild stabs. A couple of mine were:

Hideo Kojima will be on-stage at Sony's press conference and show a teaser trailer for his new game.

Rockstar takes the stage at Microsoft's press conference to announce Red Dead Renegade - All DLC comes to Xbox first.

EA brings back NCAA Football.

Nintendo announces at least one new game at E3 - most likely through their press site or a press release.

For the rest, feel free to listen here, and if you want to jump straight to the E3 predictions segment, skip forward to 1:18:22

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I forget to post the countdown image here yesterday.

JRdn4SL.png

C10MCLS.png

For anyone who won't be able to catch the live feed, do they have full playbacks of the convention? I won't be able to catch E3 this year, so I'd like to know what press conferences to check out later in the day on Youtube. This will be the first E3 I can't watch live. I'm assuming Sony and Microsoft will have press conferences, as will EA and Ubisoft.

For anyone who won't be able to catch the live feed, do they have full playbacks of the convention? I won't be able to catch E3 this year, so I'd like to know what press conferences to check out later in the day on Youtube. This will be the first E3 I can't watch live. I'm assuming Sony and Microsoft will have press conferences, as will EA and Ubisoft.

Aye they usually do.

Suzzopher

PlayStation:
The Last Guardian release date announced.
Destiny Expansion announced and trailer.
Sucker Punch's new game announced.
Footage of Horizon, Gran Turismo Sport and No Man's Sky.
Close with God of War IV trailer.

Xbox:
New slim discless Xbox announced.
Crackdown blowout.
Halo Wars 2 blowout.
Battletoads announced 3D action game.

What I would love to see is another Diablo III expansion and Destiny 2.

mabec

The only thing that can top last year is probably HL3/Source2-related and/or RDR2 PC.
But the best surprises are always those you never expect

Guerrilla

You think an announced game that's confirmed to be released this year is going to skip E3 while an unannounced game is going to be released this year? Interesting lol.

There's no way God of War is coming out this year imo, only because God of War always comes out in March. I'd imagine March 2017 is the earliest it releases.

I will believe in Last Guardian when i'm holding it in my hands :( We are still seeing basically the same footage we saw in 09 with not a whole lot in terms of new stuff.

Regarding God of War, march seems more realistic though I think they want to bolster their holiday lineup

Didn't Miyazaki specifically say that Old Hunters was it for BB? Like no sequels or w/e?

I personally would love it but I feel like they're moving on from the Soulsborne style altogether.

We might see a DeS PS4 remake (believe!) but I would be shocked if they are doing BB2.

Edit: Yep. Here: http://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-...yazaki-as-from-software-get-to-work-on-new-ip and on a couple other sites, too.

I'll be extremely surprised if there's not another Bloodborne instalment, even if it's not From working on it. I know Miyazaki has been crucial to the success of these games, but if I were Allan Becker I'd either build a team within Japan Studio or hire some ex-From staff (or both) to work on at least one Bloodborne sequel. I mean, don't forget that it has a Metacritic score of 92% making it one of the most highly-rated exclusives of the generation (top five?), and it had sold 2 million copies as of October last year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 2.5-3 million region accounting for the Game of the Year edition.

I would also love a Demon's Souls remaster, and I would give it to Bluepoint to handle as they're absolutely the best in the business.

Mipcgamer

To add to everything that has been dreamed, I unveil my prediction:

Dissidia Final Fantasy console announcement (or at least PS4), with a 2017 release window and a cool trailer (also revealing Noctis).

Does any know of snapchat accounts of people who are going to e3 and cover it?

It would be cool to check out e3 floor and day to day stuff between conferences

Turkoop

Banned
My prediction to EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft and Sony

EA:
- full reveal of Mass Effect: Andromeda, first official gameplay.
- full reveal of Criterions next IP, plenty of new Gameplay and details, will launch 2017.
- Titanfall 2 Gameplay, beta date and release date announcement.
- Battlefield 1 big premiere, beta date announced.
- Sports (FIFA, NBA etc.)
- Star Wars Battlefront next DLC - maybe trailer of the VR Game for PSVR.
- First teaser of Viscerals Star Wars Game

Bethesda:
- full reveal of Dishonored 2
- PREY 2 reboot.
- Machine Games next Game will be shown.
- Next TESO DLC announced.
- Fallout 4 DLC .
- I'm not sure about this thing but there was a rumour last E3 about a Fallout spin-off game, which should launch this year. Maybe Obsidian will do it.
- Tangoworks next game.

Ubisoft:
- Watch dogs full reveal, will launch in November.
- No news about the next Assassins Creed.
- Ubisofts new IP will be shown.
- For Honor, will launch in October, open Beta announced.
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands full gameplay, will launch in March 2017, beta announced.
- Next dancing-whatever game
- The Crew DLC
- South Park gameplay, will launch next year Q1

Sony: Lets do this.

- Layden will announce Crash Remake made by Insomniac Games, will launch in 2017. A trailer will be shown
- Sony will announce with R* together the next Red Dead, will launch in May 2017. Trailer will be shown
- Sony Bends Game (Dead don't Ride) full reveal, coming THIS YEAR.
- Horizon new Gameplay, will launch in March 2017.
- Shanon Studstill is on the stage, will show few Indie Games which SSM and other studios working on, and at the end a God of War IV trailer will be shown, coming Holiday 2017.
- Lots of indies, Abzu, TTC and more.
- TLG new Trailer & release date, coming this September.
- New Shenmue 3 Trailer.
- Sucker punch will show their next game, Spiderman related, just a teaser.
- Sony shows us glimpse of the new FW 4.0

I think this E3 could be better than last year.
All publishers got so many potential games to show. I'm for the first time very excited for Ubisofts briefing, but pls now Guillemot on stage - i hate this guy really!

redhood56

Banned
These aren't any ordinary predictions... these are bold predictions. The boldest of the bold
MS
The Rare Unity game is BattleToads. But bam its coming out in the fall
Halo Warz 2 stuff with halo 6 on pc
Forza Horizon 3
Xbox Stick and Xbox slim along with scorpio teasing.
Sony
Opens the conference to TLG, will exactly last 5:37
Rolls into stats stuff
Dead Dont Ride is Bends game, open world
PSVR stufffffff
other stuff I cant possibly predict
Edit: Also for EA Tha Hoop Gawd returns in glorious fashion

Info from PC Gamer on the "PC Gaming Show"

In 10 days, we’ll broadcast the PC Gaming Show on Twitch and YouTube, live from Los Angeles. We’re excited to bring this event back to E3. The purpose of the PC Gaming Show is not to compete with the press conferences put on by Ubisoft, Bethesda, and others (if anything we’ve gained respect for what it takes to organize such an event), but to help shine a light on the many exciting, cool and weird projects being made in every corner of the PC universe. We want to showcase a little bit of the amazing stuff that’s happening on PC and celebrate the platform we call home.

The PC Gaming Show starts at 11:30 AM Pacific (2:30 PM ET, 6:30 PM GMT) on Monday, June 13 and will run for 90 minutes. If you tune in, you can expect a mixture of exclusive new footage, new trailers, new details on existing games, and unscripted conversations between developers and our host, Sean ‘Day9’ Plott.

Following the main presentation, we’re airing additional interviews and gameplay footage with some of our participants, which we’ll use as an opportunity to dig into greater detail on some of the games and hardware shown on stage.

10 AM Venue doors open
11:10 - 11:25 AM The Steam Speedrun, presented by Razer
11:30 AM - 1 PM Main program
1 - 2 PM Post-show interviews and extras

See the link for more info.

The timetable on the main page will need updated.

Wonder if e3 is when they announce X-com 2 for console.

Could see it as part of the Adam Boyes 3rd party power half hour or when MS uselally has a bunch of 3rd party trailers one after another.

Its not a biggy. Just something cool that can be tossed out there

OrochiJR

Will someone do a spoiler-free E3 press conference thread again this year for those who can't watch live? Would be much appreciated by all those who have to work/ sleep or are occupied by other stuff. ;)

Volotaire

Will someone do a spoiler-free E3 press conference thread again this year for those who can't watch live? Would be much appreciated by all those who have to work/ sleep or are occupied by other stuff. ;)

I will be creating the Spoiler Free E3 thread again this year. It may be called the 'catch up and archive thread' after some consideration of the concerns in the spoiler culture thread in the OT section.

It will archive all the links from all the E3 conferences, reaction streams and livestreams. Last year, YT Gaming archived the whole livestream so I anticipate them doing the same this year.

Bookmark the thread, or the Google Sheet link in the thread. All the links to the streams will be posted to both. There is no discussion in the thread so it's a case of clicking the link that you need. I will post the YT gaming archive link in the thread too.

Will be posted on Monday.

Top Bottom