• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

Imagine if RDR 2 was permanent exclusive. The meltdowns would be the biggest ever.

It would be the shittiest thing to do. And I say this as a PlayStation enthusiast.

Take it with a grain of salt, but a poster on 4chan potentially added fuel to the fire regarding Spiderman.

He claims its real and in developement by Insomniac, with a "highly stylized cartoon look".

Also, he added, Sony may have a timed exclusive or complete exclusive by Rockstar.

I'm aware the source's reliability isn't exactly solid, but, recently, the leaked images of Dead Rising 4 surfaced on /v/, a couple of days before Neogaf got the news.
Link please?!

dex3108

Imagine if RDR 2 was permanent exclusive. The meltdowns would be the biggest ever.

Neither Sony or Microsoft can pay them enough for any kind of exclusivity beside maybe for DLC. Rockstar is so big and earns so much money that even their owner Take2 can't make them do things. So I really can't believe that there will be any big exclusivity deal.

At first I didn't think much of the Spider-man rumors but now I'm getting hyped.
Going to disappointed if it turns out to be fake or a VR game.
Please be real & good!
tumblr_inline_nn9g38oHgE1suk29h_500.gif

It would be the shittiest thing to do. And I say this as a PlayStation enthusiast.

Link please?!

Not sure if links to that forum are allowed, but I found this post.

I work for french gaming magazine and IF the things I've been told are true, Sony is going to cause immense butthurt across the whole world.

They have few big japanese exclusives but they have a exclusive/timed exclusive from Rockstar.

Oh and that Spider-Man thing is real, Insomniac is developing it, original story, Sony is publishing, PS4 only, highly stylized cartoon look.

That may be what they're referring to. Of course, the validity of it is another matter.

icespide

Banned
Take it with a grain of salt, but a poster on 4chan potentially added fuel to the fire regarding Spiderman.

He claims its real and in developement by Insomniac, with a "highly stylized cartoon look".

Also, he added, Sony may have a timed exclusive or complete exclusive by Rockstar.

I'm aware the source's reliability isn't exactly solid, but, recently, the leaked images of Dead Rising 4 surfaced on /v/, a couple of days before Neogaf got the news.

Scl5rwX.gif

I can't see a rockstar exclusive for anyone to be honest.

No sure if links to that forum are allowed, but I found this post.

That may be what they're referring to. Of course, the validity of it is another matter.

Thanks. I've never been to this forum before and wanted to search for the source... oh boy, I stayed 1 minute on it and the things I saw, the people in there...

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

I can understand why it's not allowed (if it is indeed). Anyway, thanks again!

Talking about the Spider-man rumour.. What does a "highly stylized cartoon look" even refer to? Similar to Sunset Overdrive or more like Wind Waker? I'd be way more down for it if it looked like SO.

Turkoop

Banned
IF Rockstar is doing a timed-exclusive thing, Agent is the only game. It makes no sense to exclusive Bully, Red Dead or another IP.

Arnie7

Banned
No way PlayStation has a Rockstar exclusive unless someone at Sony knows where the Housers buried a body,

Sony just hired the Benz.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/340512818/its-happening

Apparently:
DMC5 (PS4 for sure, might not be exclusive)
New RDR and RDR remaster (multiplat) + Sony Exclusive (maybe Agent?)
Crash (PS4)
Spider-Man (high budget, Sony's call) - Insomniac Exclusive?
Exclusive Xbox JRPG (not Scalebound)
Resident Evil 7 (multiplat)
Wild ARMS (PS4)
Thx! :)

McBryBry

I love you guys every year. Doesn't even matter if I could end up disappointed in some things, MORE HYPE

I hope this Spider-Man game comes to fruition.

Sesha

I wonder if it is developed by Capcom Japan and using Panta Rhei Engine or by another foreign studio and using UE4 (just like how DmC used UE3).

Quoting myself from the previous page:

Capcom officially doesn't do outsourcing for entire projects overseas for major titles anymore after Dark Void, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 3, RE6 and DmC. All major console titles will for the most part be done in-house, for both sequels and original IPs.

They could still be using UE4 if Panta Rhei wasn't feasible. SF5 used UE4 after all, and was done 60-70% in-house.

Quoting myself from the previous page:

They could still be using UE4 if Panta Rhei wasn't feasible. SF5 used UE4 after all, and was done 60-70% in-house.

They are using UE4 for Dead Rising 4 too.

Wasn't Panta Rhei a big failure/waste of money?

Like I said in another thread: Just like Square Enix won't be relying much on their Luminous Engine and they chose UE4 for FF7R and KH3.

I think some japanese devs are going more secure for their flagships series by using something more established and stable like UE4.

J-Skee

I haven't cared too much about the Skyrim remaster, but now I'm hearing too much about how people think it makes sense for them to include mods for the consoles because that's what Fallout 4 is doing. So my question is, would this be possible?

I don't see an exclusive Xbox JRPG happening. Why? Because how they're focused on bringing all their titles to PC as well.

i think when most people say "xbox exclusive" they are taking into account that uwp is partly xbox since its still microsoft lol

still it's possible, i mean there was this...

ofTgkHc.jpg

:p

Philippo

It's a bit too early for Wild Arms 6 imho.
It's going to happen, but the meeting between Media Vision and Sony was just a few months ago
unless it's a kickstarter lol

DJIzana

Yeah cause there isn't a lot of JRPG's coming to PC

and they don't sell well on the platform

right

There are a lot of JRPG's on PC. That's what I'm saying. I don't see them going EXCLUSIVELY just to Xbox. I think if they do announce a new JRPG, that it'll head to PC too.

Kyoufu

There are a lot of JRPG's on PC. That's what I'm saying. I don't see them going EXCLUSIVELY just to Xbox. I think if they do announce a new JRPG, that it'll head to PC too.

Well duh. For Microsoft and Sony, it's an "Exclusive" if it's not on the competitor's console(s).

Granjinha

oh i'm sorry lol i understood that wrong

i just always imagine that now when people say xbox exclusive they mean pc/xbox

DJIzana

You just dont want to have to buy a great looking JRPG ;)

anyways where did that rumor come from? and why yall banking on it?

LoL I love JRPG's. I just don't want to have to spend money on an Xbox One when I have a PC and PS4 that could play it. :p

I don't know where that rumor came from. I just saw it and was sharing my thoughts on it.

Top Bottom